Search results

1. sloober

Need help with a Mitsubishi DP-EC20

OK. Slight correction. I did some more testing. I was wrong about the home sensor light. With it all put together and upright, blocking that sensor does not do anything. So as far as I can tell, something else is triggering it to return as soon as it starts to move toward the record. So...
  2. sloober

OK. So after re wiring the position lights, they are working correctly. When a 33 is on, one is lit. If I put on a 45 the other. But still, as soon as the arm moves and breaks the home sensor light, it lifts and returns. As soon as the shield moves from the home position, that light/sensor is...
  3. sloober

I am pretty sure the sensors are all working. I went to get the wheat bulbs at RS, but they were out. I tried similar bulbs they had for a flashlight. Same amp draw. A few things puzzle me. The two lights for the position sensor don't seem to be on all the time. The other two are. I noticed...
  4. sloober

I had to step away. So frustrated. Think now I might be closer again. In reading the other repair threads, I saw some have the four sensor lights tied all together. So they are all on all the time. I tried this as well when nothing else was working. But as stated before, I forgot to put a record...
  5. sloober

Gum Parker. You helped me see the forest through the trees. I was so focused on the belts and position sensors, I didn't even think of the record size sensors. Yes this model is very similar to the LT models and has the lit prism to detect record size AND if there is one!!! I was testing with...
  6. sloober

I am fixing a DP-EC20 and am stumped. It has several belts inside that took a bit of work to locate. There are little light bulbs to detect the position of the arm, and I replaced those as they were dead. Now, when I try to press play, the arm moves slightly, then seems to think it's at...
  7. sloober

Magnavox CDB650 upgrade

Upgrades took a couple hours going slow. Was very easy. The 2134 opamps are great.
  8. sloober

help with magnavox cdb 650 please!

I've had this player since I bought it new in 1986-7. I just dug it out and did the condor audio mods. I ordered a kit with all caps and new opamps. Damn does it sound good now!
  9. sloober

Magnavox CDB650 upgrade

Well I got the kit. A bunch of caps and sockets for the new op amps. I used the Burr Brown units he reccomended and damn. It sounds so much better. I let Dennis of Cary Audio listen and he was thrilled. Well worth it. John
  10. sloober

Magnavox CDB650 upgrade

I bought my 650 new in about 1984. Have used it off and on, but decided it needed upgrades. Found this guy online who has a kit. Am awaiting arrival now. Should be a marked improvement. http://www.condoraudio.com/wp-content/uploads/Projects/Philips-CD650-CD-Player-Restoration-Repair.pdf
  11. sloober

McIntosh C-28 Wow I'm impressed

I bought my C28 a few years ago from a buddy on ak. Still love it. Works great with my MC30 pair. John
  12. sloober

Some help with a new toy..RCA "Studio Turntable"

Can't wait for Bill today. It's gonna be a TT orgy!
  13. sloober

Edirol R-09 for vinyl transfer

I will get an angle adapter for it to be safe. Using at home I should be fine. I love the idea this has no ac power and it's so small. With the 2gb card I have I should be able to record a couple albums. Can't wait to try it! J
  14. sloober

I am planning to hook it to my pre using a tape out loop. That will take care of RIAA.
  15. sloober

Picked up an R-09 at an estate sale cheap. Was going to sell it, but realized it recorded at 24/48k so it might be good for recording records. I have used my computer in the past, but now they are not in the same room. This would make a simple little transfer device and I can edit later on the...
  16. sloober

Found some tube grail

Sadly I'm not going to use it. I have other preamps. I put it up for auction on that site. May regret it.
  17. sloober

Found some tube grail

Yep kt 600. Mine came with these!
  18. sloober

Need Sockets for 7591's. Ceramic, Micalex or...........

I would consider just replacing the pins. Just find the right type and do them one at a time. John
  19. sloober

Found some tube grail

Just to clarify. The Heath unit had a couple mullards. It was a Lafayette that had the 7 7025 tubes.
  20. sloober

Found some tube grail

Oh and yes they have diamond bottoms.
  21. sloober

Found some tube grail

The mono integrated is a Heathkit 14w. I could search for a mate, but I have a pair of MC30!
  22. sloober

Found some tube grail

I am visiting the NY area for the holidays and had to look for stuff. Hit an estate sale last Friday and found some good stuff. A tube pre, tube integrated mono, turntable, and Dynaco SS amp. Turns out the goodies were hiding inside! I have never seen a Tele 7025 before, and now I have 7 of...
  23. sloober

AT 14Sa cart find

I downloaded the manual for the cart. Looks like several needles can be used with this cart body. I could make it a 15Sa if I wanted. Entire way, I great local score.
  24. sloober

AT 14Sa cart find

This is my first "real" cart. A big step up Fromm the Shure 97 and Grado Gold I have used. So psyched,
  25. sloober

AT 14Sa cart find

Well I went for it and am pleasantly surprised. Amazing cart!
Back
Top Bottom