Search results

1. P

Calling All Paradigm Owners - Present and Past

Monitor 9 v4 here and they sound wonderful! Mids are great without a hint of blot are not nasal or chesty. Base is good clean tight and well defined upper end is bright but very clean and crisp with lots of air about them. First time I really heard or auditioned Paradigms I head some small dinky...
  2. P

Pleasant Suprise with a Pair of Advent AS2 Speakers

$150 is not bad at all! They are well worth the money and more.. They are open and have a great image bottom end is well rounded.. If you like them don't overthink it get them.. I lost many a good deal that way and have kicked myself may times.. No more! I learned to get what I want with in...
  3. P

Butyl rubber surrounds what to do?

What should I do to keep them in good shape? I know foam rots over time and Butyl goes bad too... Does Butyl surrounds last longer? is there something to clean them with? ( alcohol ) maybe? Then treat them with silicon on a soft cloth? Whats then beast way to take care of them to get the most...
  4. P

New To Me Minimus 7W - are these the 'good' ones?

I have some Optimus ProX-55AV's that are metal of some kind. I have added a some of the polyfill to all sides and the back of them while leaving there one small piece of what looks like carpet jute just on the back wall of the speaker. I got them new years ago and would like to see a good mod...
  5. P

Frazer model 7 and paradigm speakers

Kerrytat2, Could I ask you to look at something on your Paradigm se11Mk3's. If you would, could you look at the back of the speakers and see if you can see about 14 screw heads showing.. I'm not sure if they did that from the factory or not.The pair I'm thinking on has them maybe been...
  6. P

Looking for the age of PARADIGM 11seMk3 TOWER SPEAKERS

The guy will accept $575 plus the $120 shipping so he came down a bit..He checked them out one driver at a time and as a unit. He assures me they are as good as they can be for great used speakers as far as looks and sound goes. Do any of you that have these PARADIGM 11seMk3 TOWER SPEAKERS know...
  7. P

Mikeybc And everyone. Shipping cost is $120 out of the $750 so price of the speakers w/o shipping is $625! seller is willing to ship with 1" foam board all around the speakers. Said he would ship them right, packed well.. They weigh 55lbs each unpacked. I would prefer being able to drive...
  8. P

Thanks for the reply.. I'm still thinking on them.. The cost is high $750 shipped half way across the country.. Do you think they will be safe in shipping and do you think the price is to high? I have a AV Denon 1082 to drive them at 110 watts into 8 ohms and I think 180 watts into 4 ohms...
  9. P

Kerrytat2, Thanks for the reply! Wow $50 bucks! I'm looking at a pair for $750 with shipping and cannot hear them.. Then I have the worry of shipping. It would kill me to have one damaged in shipping.. Guess I'm going to have to re-think the ones I'm looking at a bit more..They were my dream...
  10. P

Any info you get I would also appreciate you sending it on to me.. I may be getting a pair of the PARADIGM 11seMk3 TOWER SPEAKERS. I would like to know when they started making them and when the production ended on the se11mk3's also what price range were they in? Do you have them setup yet? how...
  11. P

Hello, I'm looking for the age of some PARADIGM 11seMk3 TOWER speakers? Also could someone please tell me the cost of them at the time. Are they good sounding speakers? Any info would be great.. I went to the Paradigm web site but even in there archives I could not find any info on them...
  12. P

Help. Why in a cap in parallel with the woofer?

Thank you!! I'll do more learning before I mess with it.. That chart is a great usfull tool for sure!! Thanks again!! George
  13. P

98 grand, If I removed the cap how much lower would me cross over point become? Also if I was to leave in the same inductor 0.93 and replaced the org. in parallel cap a 10 uf with say 20uf where would my cutoff now be? Thanks this if helping alot. Just trying to decide if I want to try and...
  14. P

Jon, Does this mean that if the cap is set up this way across the +and - of the woofer like it is with a inductor that the cap does then change fq response? Also what does it look like the cross over point is for this setup? total load for the woofers is 4 ohm. Thanks for your help! George...
  15. P

Hello, Can someone tell me why a cap would be wired in parallel with a woofer? This is how the circuit looks. This is in newer (2005) advent's AS-2's. Ok first the speakers can be set up to be bi-wired or bi-amped with dual wire lugs if one wants to run them that way. Not sure if this is why...
  16. P

Help! I need a tweeter for a RS2001 speaker

Infinity POLYSPHERITE tweeter!!!! YES!! motorstereo, A PM has been send!!! Please let me know if you get it..You made my day I was pulling my hair out... Thank you so very much for you kindness!!! That offer sounds great to me I will also pay you back your shipping cost!!!Again thanks so...
  17. P

Help! I need a tweeter for a RS2001 speaker

I found there not available anymore from Infinity.. So I'm looking for a good used one.. It's a 3/4" POLYSPHERITE tweeter.The model number on the back is #902-4130 number below that one is #70906 and the one below that is#403TNV.. Mine had very little use. I just seen the wire lug was a bit...
  18. P

Pleasant Suprise with a Pair of Advent AS2 Speakers

Big Jim 007, I have a pair of the advents AS2's and hope you can copy and post the specs that you had found on the side of the box for them.. I just tossed the boxes that came with mine.. But a note on the highs.. in the X over there is a 12 ohm resistor in parallel to the tweeter that holds...
  19. P

Crossover Network Help Please!

I just ended up turning my treble to compensate for the imbalance I hear.. My receiver goes from -12db to 0db then to +12db I find that with a setting of +4db to +6db of added treble sounds more to my liking.. I found this much easier then trying to mach the speakers to my receiver, room or...
  20. P

Prefered Glue for surrounds

Myself, I have also used carpenters wood glue it sets up just like the glue they supply with the surrounds, looks the same too. Brand I found that works best is Tight Bound Wood glue it's yellow and dries somewhat flexible when it's put on in the thin layer we use on the surround...
  21. P

Questions Please Ripping Our CD's to what file?

Ok So it just has to do with downloading music. I'll never do that as far as i know. Now with all the CD's we have.. So other the storage size the Sony would be ok for what I would use it for even thought it had DRM? Thanks! George
  22. P

Thanks! I'm still learning! Guess I'll really have to put some thought to this! Maybe if i go to Best Buy or a large audio store they will have a few I can try out with various audio files to hear the difference.. I don't know any other way to start out.. What is *DRM*Digital Right Management...
  23. P

Our Cell is a Audiovox 8900! Not sure if it will.. But good thinking.. I does not have a cable to hook it to the computer and we don't have the online service to surf the net on it.. Just cell service.. Thanks! George
  24. P

Thanks for all the help! So much to think about now! I'm not going to rip anymore till i decide what lossless file type I will use... I just got a bit ahead of my self when I got the idea to rip some music for a IPod or MP3 player i still don't have.. Thought I would just get started and kinda...
  25. P

Jeff, Thanks! Lots to ponder with that url, lots to read . I'm going over it now! For the moment I will try MP3 in 256 kbps compression and see what that sounds like in comparison.. I'll hold off on riping all out CD's for a bit for now.. I still need a player! iPod or MP3 player. The wife...
Back
Top Bottom