Search results

1. shelby1420

Help with Pioneer PL-570 sudden gain on right channel

If you can, snap a pic of the underside with panel off, I can snap one of mine also to compare…. SmileyFaceEQ is also giving some sound advice especially if you have had this table for some time and this issue is a new issue!
  2. shelby1420

"No Point" getting higher end MM if you can properly run MC as well

Having had several of both MC and MM carts of varying calibres I have ended up with my Clearaudio Charisma Vll and could not be happier with it!!! I have a Benz Ruby here it replaced which is a good performer in its own right, just not to the same level as my Charisma, to my ears……
  3. shelby1420

Help with Pioneer PL-570 sudden gain on right channel

Do you have any pics of underneath? Is this the 70’s PL-570 or 80’s?
  4. shelby1420

Pioneer vs Pioneer

Took me a while to find this!! Anyways, this is the second motor/gears I bought…..
  5. shelby1420

Pioneer vs Pioneer

If it’s the same guy, those motors/gears work perfectly!!! I took mine apart and re greased and then just re greased after two years of use…..actually, I bought two, need to find the other one, around here somewhere!!
  6. shelby1420

Pioneer vs Pioneer

There was a chap on EBay selling the replacement gears, I bought a set, have worked perfectly for me for a few years now!!
  7. shelby1420

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Pictures of my new Clearaudio Charisma V2 installed on my recapped Pioneer Pl-570……..sublime!!!
  8. shelby1420

Pioneer PL-570 (DD) tonearm-cartridge matching

Yup and thus far I am very happy with the results!!! Thanks again for sharing your wisdom, it helped make things much clearer and did have an impact on my ultimate decision!!
  9. shelby1420

PL-570 Tonearm compliance-cartridge matching

So I received the Goldring yesterday and mounted it and have done all my adjustments, gotta say I’m pretty tickled pink by this combo!!!! The Goldring reminds me of my old Clearaudio Maestro ( to date my all time favourite cartridge, MM or MC). Lovely, lovely indeed!!!
  10. shelby1420

So I received the Goldring yesterday and mounted it and have done all my adjustments, gotta say I’m pretty tickled pink by this combo!!!! The Goldring reminds me of my old Clearaudio Maestro ( to date my all time favourite cartridge, MM or MC). Lovely, lovely indeed!!!
  11. shelby1420

Decided to go with the Goldring 2400, got a pretty good deal on one in box, should be here by the end of the week!!!
  12. shelby1420

Well, she’s up and running!!! For now I have a Shure 91ED with a JICO SAS/S (borrowed from my daughters Realistic LAB 500), re capped and gears greased and washer affixed with some epoxy to hold!! Have a Goldring 2400 on the way, figure that should match up nicely!!! Thanks for all your help...
  13. shelby1420

Great information here guys, thank you so much for your time and advice!!
  14. shelby1420

Great stuff, along with my response above, what about the Goldring 1042??
  15. shelby1420

Thank you for this detailed and well thought out response taketheflame!!!! I had actually put this cart on my list, along with the OC9 ll, I have standard MM on my tube pre with some adjustments available as well a Denon step up(10:1) love the MC route but was not sure if the OC9 ll would...
  16. shelby1420

Hey guys, figured I’d start a new thread about this!! I’m looking for information in regards to mass of the tonearm and compliance matching of it, and cartridge. I was thinking of putting a Shure V15 V-MR with a JICO SAS stylus in it, on the tonearm, just not sure if it’s a good match or not? If...
  17. shelby1420

I have not tried the 103r. My tastes lean towards warmth, don’t need tons of detail! I find sometimes the more detailed a system gets the less I want to listen to it..... would the 103r still fit this description above?
  18. shelby1420

hmmmmm, I see 1 like for the OC9 ll, anyone else, anyone ??
  19. shelby1420

Or maybe a Grace F9 Ruby??
  20. shelby1420

Hmmmmmm, maybe an Audio Technica OC9 ll could fit the bill??
  21. shelby1420

Hey guys, figured I’d start a new thread about this!! I’m looking for information in regards to mass of the tonearm and compliance matching of it, and cartridge. I was thinking of putting a Shure V15 V-MR with a JICO SAS stylus in it, on the tonearm, just not sure if it’s a good match or not...
  22. shelby1420

NEW- to me PL-570 questions and advice needed

Hey there, I actually just bought one, JP-503 on EBay with original box and all! Recapping cuz anything that comes through my house that’s over 15-20 years old gets a recap!! Figure the lifespan of some of the best caps out there is about 10-15, this piece being north of 40 years old-it’s due!!
  23. shelby1420

Ok, soooo I decided to take the Shure M91Ed with JICO SAS-S on, redid the force and adjusted the alignment and holy shit it sounds great!!!! Also have the Lab 500, gonna put in that head shell with the M95ED and JICO SAS-S and see if I get the same results!!!
  24. shelby1420

Soooo, another question.....Is the Shure V15 V-MR+JICO SAS stylus a good match for this table and tonearm compliance wise???
  25. shelby1420

I have all of those, came with the table!! As well as both caps that go on the hinges!!! Will put the VMR on the new head she’ll and pop it on!!! Oh and it also came with the original owners manual!!!
Back
Top Bottom