Search results

1. beans

Sony TC-377 Erase head burned my finger

I'm likely in the same boat with you. They're listed in the SM as "carbon". We'll see.
  2. beans

UPDATE: There is a rotary switch on the back side of the main control shaft and one of the wipers was all bent out of shape to where it was not making contact. So I fixed it up as best I could. I haven't mentioned that this rig had been traumatized, probably dropped, so when I got it there were...
  3. beans

Thanks guys. I'll look into that and Check the voltages at the EH again but I have to be careful not to burn up the EH... or desolder it.
  4. beans

Bump
  5. beans

Greetings from the Netherlands

Greetings from Texas!
  6. beans

Got this 377 as a parts unit S/N 24318 (early model) and got it all working, or so I thought. Made some recordings but noticed the old tape signal wasn't being erased completely. Then I noticed the erase head was getting hot enough to burn my finger. The problem is with the left channel only. I...
  7. beans

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Listening? To me? Seriously, what are you listening to these days?
  8. beans

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Icehouse - Measure For Measure.... one of my favorite eighties bands.
  9. beans

Sony TC-377

Here's a new one for ya.... I use a metal take-up reel and when rewinding, so much static builds up that there's a spark from the face plate to the reel every few seconds. Anyone else witnessed this phenomenon? What the bluddy hell am I supposed to do about that? I'm afraid it's damaging my...
  10. beans

How loud do you listen to music?

Is that a Bengal cat I see? I don't have a meter but I listen louder than most people because of my tinnitus. Anybody else have that problem?
  11. beans

Yamaha CR 620 restoration thread:

Very sorry to resurrect a thread that's been dead for 13 years. I just got a 620 that I'm also resurrecting and I've noticed on DigiKey when I look up those Nichicon Muse caps there's a note on the screen that reads "not recommended for new designs". Why is that? Obviously I don't have to worry...
  12. beans

Jeff Beck has passed away.

Saw him live in Houston some time around 2008. I had the album Emotion & Commotion and wanted to hear some of that but don't remember him playing anything from it. Also was hoping that Tal would be there but she was off doing something else... Herbie Hancock I think. I have Live At Ronnie...
  13. beans

Happy Birthday Doctordirt!

Happy birthday! Commendable indeed!
  14. beans

Happy Birthday KeninDC!

Happy belated!!!!!!!!!!
  15. beans

The worst song ever recorded?

Not a fan, but have you heard This Could Be The Night by Loverboy? VOMIT
  16. beans

The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

See post #32
  17. beans

The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

I haven't read all 266 pages of this thread but what I have read leads me to ask: Where did you guys find all these bands? Most of them I never heard of, to speak nothing of getting to listen to them. Maybe it has to do with me living in Beaumont at the time, but we had an underground/AOR...
  18. beans

Who's your favorite audiophile that you've met in person?

The only one I've met in person is mfhale - he bought a Bob Latino ST-120 from me some time around 2012. Very nice man. He had a bedroom dedicated to his collection of audio gear which was very impressive.
  19. beans

My Stanton Dream Dashed

Appreciate all the responses. I've read this thread and looked over my choices. Ordered a D6800EEE-S from LP Gear, knowing that I may be unhappy with it, but we'll see. Stay tuned. I had a 681EEE-S a long time ago and it was the best I ever had but then that's not saying a whole lot.
  20. beans

What movies have great music backgrounds/soundtracks?

One that comes to mind is Goodfellas. It's not all music i would add to my collection but it is used to great effect in the movie.
  21. beans

My Stanton Dream Dashed

I should have mentioned I was looking at the JICO line not OEM.
  22. beans

What are you drinking now?

Cheap cheap vodka. For a cheap SOB.
  23. beans

What's your "go to song" to test bass in your rig?

Yes - Endless Dream comes to mind.
  24. beans

My Stanton Dream Dashed

Is it true that all 680 series cartridge bodies are the same? If that's true I may upgrade to a 681EEE-S. In that case the S stands for Shibata and not Stereohedron.
  25. beans

Game: Ruin a Band Name with Just One Letter

Crush wait I think that's a real band
Back
Top Bottom