Search results

1. J

Does my A-S501 have a problem?

I have the YBA-11 connected to the coaxial input on the amp. When I stream bluetooth audio to it, it seems to break down a high volume levels. What I mean is, the signal rolls off and the music sounds like it's a bad AM station. When I roll the volume back down the quality comes back. It...
  2. J

Will Rega tungsten counterweight fit an RB101 tonearm?

I installed an Ortofon cart on my RP1. Had to use a spacer under the tonearm. The present counterweight comes in contact with the dust cover ever so slightly. Will the tungsten weight fit this arm? The ones I've foundist for the 301 and a couple others.
  3. J

Does one have to enable APTX?

Thanks!
  4. J

Does one have to enable APTX?

I have the Yamaha YBA11 Bluetooth adapter that supports APTX. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 8 that also has APTX. Do you have to do anything to enable it or just start streaming the music and the gear does the rest? Also is APTX specific to any particular music playing apps or is it...
  5. J

Low frequency feedback on some albums

Honestly it's one of the worst albums I've ever heard. So disappointing given the set list and history of that particular album
  6. J

The Maiden is a brand new 180 gram record. Dead flat. I even have one of those record weights that go over the spindle. Although I don't know if that's more gimmick than not.
  7. J

The Maiden is a brand new 180 gram record. Dead flat. I even have one of those record weights that go over the spindle. Although I don't know if that's more gimmick than not.
  8. J

I've never heard of that but the explanation sounds logical. Could this be solved with better more precise tracking or more weight on the needle?
  9. J

The same thing was happening with the Rega Carbon cart that came installed on the turntable.
  10. J

Why am I getting a low frequency feedback loop only on only some albums? If I play Adele's "25" or Rush's "Signals" I can crank it right up to thunderous levels. But Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" causes the woofers to almost jump out of the speaker at fairly low volume levels. There's a...
  11. J

Yamaha A-S501

Got my Yammy 501 today. It's feeding a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9 V7 speakers, and being fed by a Rega RP1 with Ortofon 2M Red, powered by a Furman power conditioner. I quite honestly have never heard anything like it. At least not that I've owned. The shear clarity at volume is phenomenal and...
  12. J

How would you rank an overhauled Luxman M02 amplifier against modern offerings?

This was professionally repaired. I know the shop that did it. Not a shoemaker hack job by any stretch.
  13. J

How would you rank an overhauled Luxman M02 amplifier against modern offerings?

I'm trying to decide what path I want to go down. I have the opportunity to grab a Luxman MO2 amp with CO2 preamp. These are fully recapped and overhauled. The other option was a new Yamaha A-S501. Completely different breeds, I understand that. Just want to know what some of you may go for...
  14. J

A new A-S501 or a used A-S700?

Sorry to revive an old thread. I to am in this same boat and don't really care for the DAC. I am though wondering how much weight you would give the sub out on the 501 in your decision making.
  15. J

Yamaha cr 2020 or new Yammy

Thanks for your input. I planned on bringing it or anyone of them in for an overhaul regardless. But sounds like staying with the newer gear may be the way to go.
  16. J

I'm not meaning to talk about receivers. What I'm asking is, and I should've been more to the point: Does something like the Yamaha AS line best the high end vintage stuff of yesteryear? I'm asking because I don't want to buy sonething just because it's old. I want something that truly sounds...
  17. J

I don't have an issue in doing any repairs or upgrades. I'm more interested if the vintage market is sonically worth it as compared to the new breed of amplifier. I love the look of the old gear but looks alone are not enough.
  18. J

Hi everyone. I've been wanting to get into some serious gear as I've revived the vinyl. Ive been toying with the idea of a Luxman m-02 and c-02. Then I started looking at the Yamaha CR2020. I was also bouncing around the idea of a modern Yamaha S801. Just wondering what you all think of the...
Back
Top Bottom