Search results

1. C

BIC Venturi Formula Four

Just picked up a pair of these for $5 bucks. The cabs are a little rough but all the drivers are in great shape. I had not previously heard any speakers from this line, and wasn't expecting too much from them, but they sound pretty decent. Seem like they'd make a pretty good rock speaker, may...
  2. C

NAD Model 30...Opinions ?

Looking at a pair of these in pretty good shape for $40. I was just wondering what kind of sound these speakers have and if they are worth the price? Also, I'm not sure of the specs and a lil info would be great ! Thanks
  3. C

Marantz SR-9000G

Looking at picking one of these up tomorrow evening. I haven't had much experience with Marantz equipment and wondered if anyone had an opinion on this model? Seems to be a pretty good sized receiver, maybe 130 wpc? It's in pretty good shape (8 out of 10) and the guy said he'd take $100 for...
  4. C

Infinity Quantum Jr's...

Got a line on a pair of these that are supposed to be in good shape for $90. I don't have much experience with the Infinity brand ,other than a set of rs-4000's, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these speakers? What kind of sound can I expect, and is this a decent price...
  5. C

Receiver- Power Switch Failure

I have a Realistic STA-2600 with a quirky problem. The electric went out the other night and when it came back on the power button no longer worked on the receiver. Everything else works fine however the only way to turn off the receiver now is unplugging it (or flipping the switch on the...
  6. C

Pioneer VSX-D1S

Thanks for all the input. Best $100 I've ever spent
  7. C

Pioneer VSX-D1S

Just picked one up....don't know much about it, but seems to be one of the better late model pioneers. Anyone have an opinion ?
  8. C

Pioneer SA-8800..

What are your thoughts on this amp? Is one in good condition worth $100 ??
  9. C

Pioneer SA-1280...thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts/info on this amp ? What's it worth ?
  10. C

Receiver info JVC RX-R85 ?

Anyone know anything about this JVC receiver, model RX-R85 ? I can't seem to find anything about it online. Thanks
  11. C

No sound??...Receiver troubleshoot

Thanks for the welcome ! Yes, I did have to remove the U jumper, however I did replace them. The tape monitor is in the correct position and seemed to work fine the last time it was used (about a week ago). So I guess I'm still stuck. Any other suggestions ?
  12. C

No sound??...Receiver troubleshoot

I have a Realistic STA-2290 that was working fine until the other day. I attempted to hook up another receiver to the Realistic's preamp-out and got no sound. But now with the Realistic on its own it will only produce sound at a very very low volume when volume control is at max. When I...
  13. C

Question regarding speaker hookup

So here's the question.....I have a Realistic STA-2290 receiver, a pair of Mach One's (8 ohm), and a pair of Cerwin Vega DX-9's (4ohm?). Is there a configuration in which I can hook up both sets of speakers to this receiver safely? Or will the ohm load simply be too low for the receiver to...
Back
Top Bottom