Search results

1. Fhamre

Marantz 1250 Can't Adjust power on the Power supply board

My Kill A Watt meter says 121V. I went back in found H805 and H803 as well as H801 shorted. Along with on open Diode H812. I am testing without the driver boards installed. And using my dbt. Still not right.
  2. Fhamre

Marantz 1250 Can't Adjust power on the Power supply board

I have a nice 1250 I recently acquired. I plan to do a full restore including the power supply caps. Upon testing I found I could set the Idle and Dc offset fine. However I cannot get the 55VDC and -55VDC on the power supply board. Its at 67VDC and -61VDC and won't adjust. Upon inspection of the...
  3. Fhamre

Stuck on an AU 20000

I see you have the variant with the bias mounted on F-2497. The two 20000 I worked on had the bias mounted on the driver boards. I do have a working driver board for your variant. As one of my 20000's came with two different driver boards.
  4. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Ok I looked at schem and had a look at the power supply board. Found that a black ground wire at pin 6 broken off. Appears the pop is gone. Thank you for your patience. I will continue to test and hopefully be putting it all back together shortly.
  5. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

As I recall when I worked on the board I did check R28 the 47K resistor as I read in another post it could be suspect.
  6. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

There is about a 2 second delay before relay engages.
  7. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I only have -8.7V on pin 1. 58V on pin 12.
  8. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

yes
  9. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I got the correct voltages once I replaced the trimmers. VR1 was shot. Still have a small pop on start up and a bigger pop on shut down.
  10. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Well I went over my work on AWM 071 and opted to replace Q3,4 and 5. Which I didn't originally. Still got a small pop on start up and fairly big pop on shutdown. I opted to take some voltages on the power supply board. I am getting 67V on pin 4 , pin 5 -58.6V, pin 8 57.4V,pin 12 -49V. Pin 4...
  11. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I should have been more clear. I did recap the power supply board ,amp board and protection boards first. I still have to install the two big PS caps. They recently arrived.
  12. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Well I have just completed recapping and all the pre sections replacing all the problematic transistors along the way. I still have the power supply caps to replace and the protection relay. I note that a previous tech has replaced the power switch, replaced a few caps on the control board and...
  13. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

The protection relay original is a Type MY4S 14 pins total. The other is a Type MS2U 8 pin 48VDC. At this point I just plan to replace the protection relay and while my LY2s would likely work I might as well buy one of these https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/653-MY4DC48(S) In stock and not...
  14. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Well I finished going through the amp,power supply and protection boards. Replacing all known suspects along the way. Found the time to do the amp adjustments,today. I left it on the DBT to be safe. Adjustments went well. When I went to test for audio I found that the relay would only open...
  15. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

I'll likely need some parts to do those boards. I have been using up old stock from the last 9900 I worked on about 10 years ago. Running out of 3503's
  16. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Hello Mark I have replaced all transistors as you have identified including the ecaps. I left a839 and c1669 as they tested fine. Nothing I have found is shorted or out of spec. Once I am convinced the amp board has no failed components should I be looking at the power supply board?
  17. Fhamre

SA9900 Shorted Outputs

Acquired an SA9900 that doesn't power up. I haven't even tried. Found blown fuse on Fuseboard assembly AWX-0830 (8 amp).First thing I did was test outputs. Found on the right side Q22,Q26 and Q28 shorted. So I am going through the amp board starting with the right side replacing and testing...
  18. Fhamre

Thank you Tom "Catrafter" Williams

Tom was very generous with his time and knowledge. He helped me with numerous Marantz issues over the years. He will be missed. I took on many tough Marantz projects with the knowledge that if I ran into a wall ,Tom would see me through.
  19. Fhamre

Luxman R 1070 Power Switch shot and in Protection Mode

Yes, surge protector .I have pics of the switch wired if need be. Do u have a service manual?
  20. Fhamre

That switch on ebay is nos. So grab it! If I planned to work on more Luxman I would grab it.
  21. Fhamre

Just make sure to wire it correctly. It has AC on one potion and DC the other. And suggest using a power bar to turn on and off cause its just a matter of time unless you install that solution I mentioned.
  22. Fhamre

Found a solution! https://www.ebay.ca/itm/283546329093
  23. Fhamre

Yes this switch commonly fails and the easy solution is to jumper it as yours is. It is possible to repair but its not easy and not a long term solution. I keep my eye out for donor switches. I have found this switch in old NAD units. Once sorted out there is a solution a member posted that...
  24. Fhamre

Another AU-20000 Restoration

Great work and great documentation. Just a note that regarding the driver board parts you mixed up TR08 and TR09 with the wrong transistors. A smart person might have noticed before they installed the transistors but I like to do things the hard way. I can't seem to be able to adjust the bias on...
  25. Fhamre

email fwhamre@hotmail.com

email fwhamre@hotmail.com
Back
Top Bottom