Search results

1. jojo0416

Au-Alpha 607MR vs. Au-X901 vs Au-X701

I think the '80 was the year of many cost cutting activities in the industry and in ways affected of course the budgets, designs and performance. For the stepdown transformer, I am using 2KW variac, they are cheaper than stepdown transformers.
  2. jojo0416

Au-Alpha 607MR vs. Au-X901 vs Au-X701

What I do know is that X901 is the international version of the Japanese domestic AU - Alpha 707 (circa 1987) and therefore the X is also an Alpha series amp. I used the schematic of X901 to recap my AU Alpha 707, it is indeed a a good sounding amp. I suppose the Alpha 607MR is a newer amp. BTW...
  3. jojo0416

Pioneer PL-707 vs Pioneer PL-630

A few months after responding on this thread, I purchased a PL-630. I say a solid table once all its quirks are fixed. I now have a manual table (PL-550) , semi-auto (PL-50L) and full auto (PL-630) :D
  4. jojo0416

Pioneer PL-630

How is your PL-630 now? IMO one of the best automatic table out there if properly fixed, tuned and paired with an AT 440mlb cartridge. When it comes to the PL-630, Rich P is the man. I used his thread to work on my PL-630 almost 4 years now, all issues fixed (speed issue, TA not resting on spot...
  5. jojo0416

Pioneer Spec 4 VU meters-right meter is a bit lazy

Hi, Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Is your amp connected to a Spec 1? There is a mode selector switch in the Spec 1, make sure it is set to stereo and not L+R.
  6. jojo0416

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long?

Get well soon!
  7. jojo0416

Critters

8. jojo0416

Landscapes

Niagara Falls view from NY side
  9. jojo0416

Great "Every Day Carry" knives

I have this exact knife as a gift, till this day it is my favorite to carry. This knife was my introduction to Gerber knives. Somehow the two bolt covers are now missing.
  10. jojo0416

Birds - Post 'em up

A juvenile Robin at my backyard
  11. jojo0416

Post your photography!!

Nikon D300 Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR 1
  12. jojo0416

My 13 year old grandson wants me to show him how to repair the audio.

When I was 8 I already am curious on things. I will pry our appliance open just to see what's inside then put it back. At that time I was off limits to our B/W tubed TV, my Dad said there's high voltage in there and probably reason why until this day I do not know anything about tubes. We are...
  13. jojo0416

Birds - Post 'em up

14. jojo0416

Birds - Post 'em up

15. jojo0416

Birds - Post 'em up

Black bird
  16. jojo0416

Post your photography!!

1000 Island. Gananoque,ON
  17. jojo0416

Pioneer HPM-100s - Who has them?

There are three types of recap / rebuild I've seen. I tried two of them version. I recommend our MattsD's version. I suggest to check that out too.
  18. jojo0416

Should I do anything to my SX1050

Depends on a person. I have the means and capability, it was on my head for years and it was torture. Finally I did it on all my receivers and amp except for one. If you ask if there was a sonic improvement, I think there was, BUT I was not after the improvement but rather for peace of mind.
  19. jojo0416

sansui ba and ca 3000

Nice system, will be watching the progress once people. I think you should focus first on repairing your BA 3000, hope you get the help you need from our good folks here...good luck! Welcome to AK. :lurk:
  20. jojo0416

SX1250 troubleshooting advice needed....

Go back to your list, I already scrapped mine when I refurbished my SX-1250. If I recall there is or are transistor replacement that has different pinouts from old to new ECB to BCE or vice versa and that is why you will have install to 180 degrees. I am not sure if this is the cause of your...
  21. jojo0416

Portraits/People

22. jojo0416

Portraits/People

My daughter ages ago.
  23. jojo0416

Pioneer PL-630 - need help

I acquired this table around 4 years ago. After a few weeks it developed the speed issues and intermittent auto stop not functioning. I cleaned all the switches, replaced capacitors there I can replace easily, not the ones in the tight spaces near the motor and further inside the tonearm board...
Back
Top Bottom