Search results

1. Checkylad

Bridging help with NAD 906 amp

So I use white for the left channel and red for the right channel going into the "marked" single input on each set of bridged amps i.e. bridged 1&2 white and bridged 3&4 red? Thank you in advance
  2. Checkylad

should I plug in the white RCA for the bridged left channel and the red RCA for the bridged right channel? Does it matter which color RCA I plug in? Thanks
  3. Checkylad

Bridging amp 1&2 and amp 3&4. Following the manuals directions but not sure about plugging the RCA cables into the INPUT jacks. Should I plug in both red and white and into which INPUT on each amp? Photo included of back of the NAD 906 Thanks
  4. Checkylad

Can anyone recognize this speaker?

Looks like 1976 at the earliest....do you have the grill/fabric cover? send side, back and underneath pics and include dimension measurements. Are the corner grill attachments female recessed mounts or Velcro?
  5. Checkylad

Non multi channel Pioneer as power amp?

Thank you toxcrusadr....I was having trouble finding info. on google, youtube, audioholics, etc.
  6. Checkylad

So first off, do I pull/yank out the jumpers with a small pliers or are they threaded to unscrew? Do I use reg. red and white RCA jacks from the AVR pre out to the Main in jacks? What do they mean when they say "....if they are disconnected or removed no sound will come from the speaker..."...
  7. Checkylad

I'm running 5 pairs of speakers, one center and two subs.....its a small room....11x15 but I like the sound from all over effect, don't need more than med. loud volume...the big old Rectlinear 3 Lowboys are "underperforming" with the AVRs and I figure I've got the 120W per channel Pioneer, why...
  8. Checkylad

Thanks.....I was wondering about the jumpers.....the SX-1080 manual says don't pull them out and use them....why?
  9. Checkylad

Hoping to use my Pioneer SX-1080 (1978 era) as a power amp to drive a pair of hungry old monster speakers. Can use either Rotel RSX-1056 or Denon AVR-3802 as prepro. Taking preout from either front L R or Surround L R and connecting via RCA jacks to AUX input on back of old Pioneer...
  10. Checkylad

Amp on active sub no good....direct wiring possible?

It is a POLK DSW MICROPRO 2000 from 2011, got it used, tested at the guy's house sounded excellent, used it for a couple weeks at home and it just quit. In 2011 they were about $1300 new....very fast and right size for my small man cave 11' x 14' ALSO using a 12" passive Canton sub and a...
  11. Checkylad

It is a POLK DSW MICROPRO 2000 from about 2011....bought it used for $125, sounding fantastic at the guys house, they were about $1300 in 2011, worked for about two weeks then quit
  12. Checkylad

Audio Engine B1, Experience?

Have been using the B1 for at least a year streaming Spotify music from my Android Smart phone to my AVR, plugging into the AUX RCAs. Very good sound quality, pairs immediately and still sent signal from garage all the way up to 2nd floor mancave.....at least 60 ft. through floors, walls and...
  13. Checkylad

My active sub quit, checked all the trouble shoot things, still nothing, makes lights dim a bit when plugged into wall outlet so power cord is good, check fuse, was burned out, replaced fuse, still nothing. Can I simply wire from the binding posts on the back of sub to the binding posts on my...
  14. Checkylad

using a passive and active sub with the AVR sub setting on OFF

unning a 12" passive sub from my AVR to the sub then out to the main L/R. Have the AVR sub setting on OFF. Adding a 6" active sub. If I connect through the LFE will it work since the AVR sub setting is OFF? How should I wire the active sub....I want to be able to use the crossover and phase...
  15. Checkylad

Sub(s) connection

Thank you
  16. Checkylad

Sub(s) connection

Hi Bret.....I'm running everything off of an approx. 2004 era Denon AVR 687 which I think is 75 W per channel. The left and right front mains are Focal Chorus 807 bookshelves and the Center is a Focal Chorus CC 600. The rear mains are two 1973 approx. era Rectilinear 3 Lowboys with 15 inch...
  17. Checkylad

Sub(s) connection

Just connected a Canton Plus C passive sub to my set-up. Ran the Front L/R to the sub input then wired to the Front L/R speakers. Wonderful overall sound with my six speaker set-up. Was lucky enough to purchase the associated Satallite Cantons (GL 260) and will try connecting them to the Rear...
  18. Checkylad

Anyone ever seen the Hohner H1 speakers?

Any information appreciated. Can't find reviews, when I Google, Bing, Yahoo, only get the Hohner harmonica, accordio ns or other speakers.
  19. Checkylad

Bluetooth question

Yes, I've been using the B1 for about one year. Got it so I could stream Bluetooth through my 1978 era Pioneer SX-1080 receiver to my 5 wired speakers....works like magic. Now on the Denon, nothing, I've checked the phone media volume and the B1 flashes blue while searching to pair then quickly...
  20. Checkylad

Bluetooth question

Nice Marantz pic for your AVATAR Rex, can't get my B1 BT receiver to play through my Denon, any advise?
  21. Checkylad

Bluetooth question

I've been using the B1 with Spotify through my Samsung Galaxy Note 5....great sound but I can't get it to play through my Denon, any advise?
  22. Checkylad

Bluetooth question

Have you tried using Spotify Premium....mine sounds fantastic
  23. Checkylad

Trying to attach BT receiver with RCA jacks to Denon AVR-687

I have an Audioengine B1 Bluetooth receiver. I had it attached with 1 red and 1 white RCA jacks to the AUX on the back of my 1978 origin Pioneer SX-1080 and it paired right up so I could stream Spotify music to my speakers. Worked right away, good clear sound. Now I'm storing the Pioneer and...
  24. Checkylad

Sub Search 10, 12, 8?

Thanks again Skipper...I might take TODD DODDS advise from above and do an infinite baffle kit or just live with what I have and save up till I have about a $500 budget and get something I want, maybe used (but never abused)
  25. Checkylad

Sub Search 10, 12, 8?

Thanks so much for the info. I'm using two Focal Chorus 807V bookshelves, a Focal Chorus 800V center, low end 50HZ and 55HZ respectively, and my wife's 1973 Rectalinear 3 Lowboys. My room is 11' x 14'. Should I use ported or not ported, sealed or not. Should I go with two smaller subs or one...
Back
Top Bottom