Search results

1. rhkwon

XRT20 Speaker System Restoration (and questions)

If one needs to replace the torn grill fabric, where or what would be a good replacement?
  2. rhkwon

What new product would you like to see?

An affordable Mc receiver.
  3. rhkwon

MAC4300V just back from McIntosh

How do you have the 754's connected to the receiver?
  4. rhkwon

MA6600 fired up

How much is the MA6600?
  5. rhkwon

McIntosh XR-19 Speaker Question

These speakers like power and imo sound a lot better with amps that have autoformers. The direct coupled amps sound a bit dry, thin and way too trebly when matched with these speakers. The MC2100 was great with these.
  6. rhkwon

Ever hurt yourself lifting McIntosh?

In my case, ML4C's and try a pair of XR19's. :sigh:
  7. rhkwon

McIntosh ML-2c speakers

Yeah, the bass was the best thing about this speaker. The highs, unfortunately were not very good. A good cure was to set the MQ101 high frequency to "5" and adjust the treble a bit. Nothin' better than seeing 4 huge woofers throw air in and out. :thmbsp:
  8. rhkwon

McIntosh ML-2c speakers

The ML4C's sounded much better. If you thought the 2C's could rock the house...
  9. rhkwon

Mac amps; Mono-bridged vs Mono-parallel?

I assume that only one meter functions when mono'd?
  10. rhkwon

McIntosh Tradeup program

I called them and apparently they are participating.
  11. rhkwon

Acquired a MAC 4280 got ?

Another reason why this is a great smooth sounding receiver? It has got an input selector switch for MM and MC phono!
  12. rhkwon

Acquired a MAC 4280 got ?

The 4280 is not a dog. Very reliable and the phono stage is superb!
  13. rhkwon

Anyone replaced MC352 lamps with LCDs?

Hi I've got a 352 with the LED kit, but the area around the "McIntosh" logo and the "Hold" on the meter knob is dim. Do the LED's ever go out? If this is the case how does one replace this? Never taken the glass off either.
  14. rhkwon

TM2 Tuner Module

How much is the 6600?
  15. rhkwon

MC2120 heatsink is purple

Even gray.
  16. rhkwon

amp trade-in program round 2?

I should clarify my question. Could I trade in 3 amps and apply all three to the purchase of 1 amp? This would be good!:banana:
  17. rhkwon

amp trade-in program round 2?

Can you trade in more than 1 item at a time? Meaning, say I have 3 amps. Could I trade them all in towards credit for a new amp?
  18. rhkwon

The long awaited, incredible 501's are finally here!

Fix the C40. You'll be much happier in the end. And man that setup looks so fine.
  19. rhkwon

Pioneer SX receivers - 1970s - Made in Korea and Japan

I'm sure Africa will be in the future.
  20. rhkwon

mc2105 power and mac1900 as pre?

I've been wondering about this setup also. So basically, you use the 4300 as a preamp and the 754's as amps? And the speakers are driven by the 754's I assume. I think the 4300 preamp out is hooked up to the amp. So the speakers that are driven by the 4300's internal amps, do they play...
  21. rhkwon

MAC4300V - How many still out there?

I've got one. It's a great receiver. Have'nt had any problems with mine yet.
  22. rhkwon

My first dead record thanks to shipping...

I feel your pain. Damn, that thing got bent in half! Did you purchase insurance? If this was a fairly expensive/rare record you were looking for for 7 years I would have purchased it. Sometimes it does'nt matter if it was marked "fragile" or "do not drop" as most of this stuff is...
  23. rhkwon

MA-6600 receiver

Has anyone gotten one of these yet with the tuner installed? I wonder how the tuner will be controlled as there doesn't seem to be a tuning knob?
  24. rhkwon

C 46 preamp - do I need it?

But I always thought that the distance or length of the cable was what really determined whether one should you use balanced or unbalanced?
Back
Top Bottom