Search results

1. I

What make/model is this SS mono amp?

Thank you everybody. That image is exactly what I had on my old computer! Will probably offer this as is but will pass on the advice on the caps.
  2. I

What make/model is this SS mono amp?

Hi everyone - Back when I acquired this older solid state mono amp, I looked through hundreds of photos in image search and identified it, but don't remember the info and the computer I stored it on died. Any help with identifying it would be much appreciated. I'd like to sell it but difficult...
  3. I

Does anybody here have a bar in their home?

No, but I am at home in a bar!! :D
  4. I

Hugo Chavez's axe

Must be using an open tuning, since he isn't using his left hand :)
  5. I

Do you ship international ?

I have lost two items for a total of about $250 when shipping overseas (guitar effect pedals), one to Italy, one to Australia. Priority postage may protect the seller but I have seen that overseas buyers don't want to pay the extra in most cases. And if an item sells for $250 or more, Paypal...
  6. I

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Astatic JT-30 bullet microphone - classic vintage harmonica mike - for $14. With the original box, stand and paperwork!!
  7. I

1955 FENDER 5E3 "Deluxe" Amplifier

My favorite part is the egg carton inside the cabinet!
  8. I

Can anybody identify this vintage SS monoblock chassis?

I appaerently didn't hit enter when I said you nailed it before...figures...but that is it to a T, and I can see why it's so loud now, I was conservative guessing 60 watts! Man, next best thing to being smart is having access to smart people!
  9. I

Maybe... Wikipedia says he started offering kits in '77 though and this uses metal can transistors (the smaller ones) which would seem obsolete by then; plus it was part of a system with a PAT-4 and a Scott tube FM tuner so I'm thinking this is 1960s era. Thanks!
  10. I

Hi all - Bought a few pieces of vintage gear last weekend including this mystery monoblock, no cover, nothing to identify it. Possibly a kit-built? Sounds like 50-60 watts to my nonexpert ears. Pix aren't great, sorry.
  11. I

Bass Guitar: How to Learn?

New strings will sound much nicer, but you'll be tuning more often. 30 years though, probably I'd even change strings THAT old :p
  12. I

Guitar players... What's your favorite foot pedal???

Found mine for a buck at a yard sale decades ago, logo won off, took a while to even identify it. But when I got a Tele..Eureka!!!
  13. I

Fell for the old eBay dodge: "Not tested. No speakers to test with"

Sometimes I think sellers may test something, realize there's a problem, and list it as untested - as is. I recommend checking their feedback and seeing whether they regularly sell audio or if they are pickers dealing in all kinds of merch. One seller whose auctions I watch since he's close by...
  14. I

Guitar players... What's your favorite foot pedal???

My 1970s Foxx Fuzz Wa... great psycho fuzz, and though I don't wah much, this wah has multple tone settings you can use to tweak the fuzz sound.
  15. I

Anyone here listen to old reggae?

Rockers is another good reggae movie, stars Leroy 'Horsemouth Wallace' and cameos by many other reggae artists, fun plot too! http://www.amazon.com/Rockers-Anniversary-Edition-Burning-Spear/dp/B0008G2IFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1333727396&sr=1-1
  16. I

What song is IMPOSSIBLE not to play loud?

Slow Death and Shake Some Action by the Flamin' Groovies
  17. I

Musician cameos in film: A List

Sorry if already mentioned... just saw a bit of Valley Girl (1983) with the Plimsouls doing A Million Miles away and a couple others...
  18. I

Guitar - can I learn?

Here's some advice from the Byrds... lol Just get an electric guitar Then take some time And learn how to play. And with your hair swung right, And your pants too tight It's gonna be all right. Then it's time to go downtown Where the agent man won't let you down. Sell your soul to the...
  19. I

Kustom guitar amps

I've experienced hiss like that on old Kustoms, but didn't look into eliminating it
  20. I

Thursday Tunes

that's a fave of mine! and overlooked I think, along with Songs From The Wood...
  21. I

Thursday Tunes

Heart of the Congos by the Congos at the moment
  22. I

free guitars

I think Kingstons used the chrome guard, but not 100% sure. Zim Gars did too but that looks more Kingston. Use Google image search for Kingston and see what kind of pix you get.
  23. I

69' Fender Champ Speaker?

Or one from Weber. I've used theirs in Champs/Vibro Champs and liked the results.
Back
Top Bottom