Search results

1. MaxSeven

My Holy Grail - The Sony PS-8750

I wish I still had that Sony, but I sold it a few years go to some fellow in Russia. Now, I only have one table, the modified Empire...
  2. MaxSeven

Rek-O-Kut Turntables - ROK

Here's a Russian forum on a T-12H, which can be translated if you are using Google Chrome... http://classicaudio.ru/forum/page/articles.html/_/-/professionalnyi-rolikovyi-proigryvatel-vin-r97
  3. MaxSeven

Diy TT project

"An Imperial Probe Droid. It's a good bet the Empire knows we're here."
  4. MaxSeven

Technics SL1200 MkII ..can someone elaborate ?

The Technics SL-1200 lives beyond the grace of God, a wanderer in the outer darkness. It is "vampyr", "nosferatu". These turntables do not die like the bee after the first sting, but instead grow strong and become immortal once infected by another nosferatu. So, my friends we fight not one...
  5. MaxSeven

The Well Tempered may sound better than the VPI, but it still LOOKS like caca balls...
  6. MaxSeven

Thanks for that, fellow audiophile. Wait! What about the SL-1210 M5G On Isonoe Footers (with Sorbothane Boots) fitted with a custom Maple Plinth? Lyra Titan cartridge to boot.
  7. MaxSeven

I've been called worse. :banana:
  8. MaxSeven

I would prefer the SL-1210 M5G. :yes:
  9. MaxSeven

Really? What's wrong with people who like German cars? :scratch2:
  10. MaxSeven

Usually, the more costly TT's do (and should) work better, they just don't necessarily sound any better. The A4 is just an example. Could be a Cadillac CTS, Ford GT, or a Tesla Roadster. And if you think the Cruze is better than any of the aforementioned - then I'm not sure what kind of...
  11. MaxSeven

The above is nonsense to me. When I spend $3K on a turntable, I expect no sound improvement, because in my opinion, all well-made TT's sound pretty much the same. If there is a difference, it is immeasurable and probably more placebo than real. The reasons for spending the money are numerous...
  12. MaxSeven

Some Empire Turntable History

Ah ya. I had my VPI connected to my phono stage with a run of 10ft. Kimber PBJ - no problem.
  13. MaxSeven

To vpi or not to vpi

I love the uni-pivot arm! It is the easiest arm of any to set up. I don't get the hysteria about the wobble whilst moving the tone arm into position on the cue riser.
  14. MaxSeven

The price of things.

If it is that good, maybe you guys should sell your design in kit form, with a custom-made 'CatMan' chassis case. I'd buy it. :thmbsp:
  15. MaxSeven

The price of things.

Well that's the thing isn't it. :yes:
  16. MaxSeven

To vpi or not to vpi

I thought the Aries III comes equipped with an acrylic platter - is the machined aluminum platter compatible? I doubt you will have any speed issues with a $5K turntable. I assume you will be using a power conditioner in front of the Aries, which should suffice for motor speed accuracy...
  17. MaxSeven

Dual TTs: What's the charm?

Yes, just like Well Tempered Lab's lineup of crackpot-looking turntables. Ick.
  18. MaxSeven

Diy TT project

A masterpiece of industrial art, and well done! :thmbsp:
  19. MaxSeven

I just gouged out Careless Love. I'm depressed.

I do the same with my VPI, not because I wish to preserve the motor or improve speed stability though - but because sometimes I'm lazy and I don't like that little 'pop sound' the VPI makes when the motor is powered off.
  20. MaxSeven

The SONY 2251? I thought that was a direct-drive servo motor? Did you fiddle with the pitch resistors on the underside to see if they are dirty or just need some exercising (rotate back and fourth over and over)? I guess I was asking why a Rega, a belt-driven design, needs to have its motor...
  21. MaxSeven

What's the wisdom behind leaving the TT running? I don't get it.
  22. MaxSeven

This is the Sony PS-8750 that I used to own, which I sold quite some time ago. While it is not completely automatic, it did have automatic lift and return. It was one of the few TT's with automatic functions that I thought was great. It is a complicated unit with a lot going on under the hood...
  23. MaxSeven

Ah ha, I see I wasn't being clear. I think they sound good. I don't have any criticisms for their sonic abilities. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  24. MaxSeven

I am not biased, which implies that I am being unfair. I have owned many Dual TT's, and that is how I arrived at my opinion. I don't agree with the "more expensive" bit. Did you work for Dual Co. or something? If so, then you cannot expect everyone to love the products.
Back
Top Bottom