Search results

1. byoung334

Audiogon refund purchasers money

If you do not pay by PayPal and pay with a Cashiers Check, Money Order or Personal Check, ALWAYS put FOR DEPOSIT ONLY on the back where they endorse. That way you will have a bank account to go to.
  2. byoung334

Dynaco PAT-4 preamplifier with phono input

I have a PAT4 that I use with my Agcon GA2 SS amp. I use it for all day listening instead of my tubes. I use it primarily for tuner, MP3 and CD. $150 is steep. I upgraded the power supply in mine and replaced the volume control. It suits my needs fine. But I agree for $150 there are better...
  3. byoung334

Ohm C2 speakers

The C2 is an amazing speaker. Keep in mind if you re-foam the OEM dust cap says OHM on it. If you buy a kit, you may need to buy dust caps from Ohm. That is if you will be shimming the voice coil, in my experience the best way to go when you can do it.
  4. byoung334

I was wondering why 16 ohms?

I always heard it was better for the "speaker" to control the amp, i.e. 8 ohm speakers with 4 ohm opt.
  5. byoung334

shipping heavy speakers. advice please.

I ship allot of speakers all over the country. You can buy wardrobe boxes at Uhaul that are HD and will handle the speakers. Then go to a furniture store and fill you car with solid sheets and edge pieces of styrofoam. Put at least 2" of solid styrofoam in the bottom. Then wedge styrofoam at the...
  6. byoung334

Quad mono system

If you listen to an iPod, mono is perfect. There is no discernible difference in sound between stereo and mono.
  7. byoung334

Let the 9302 fun begin!

Heres the last 9302 I did. I put the choke under the chassis
  8. byoung334

My Dynaco MK3 rebuild upgrades good or bad?

Simple upgrades to the MKIII all available from Dynakitparts dot com New filter can cap rated at 550vt with higher capacitance new bias kit new driver board original architecture 5 way binding posts for speakers new gold RCA jacks This gives you the most dependable MKIII out there. And it is...
  9. byoung334

I've been noticing a growing trend lately on Epay...

The crazy thing is I can ship an amp to Asia easier than I can ship to Canada. NAFTA has allot to do with that. I sold a PAS3 to a gentlemen in Calgary about a year ago. It took 4 WEEKS to clear customs. He was livid, but eventually cooled down and apologized when he realized it was customs. I...
  10. byoung334

Dynaco Mark IIIs just arrived

Kevin at Dynakitparts sells the thermistor for this. I installed it in my MKIIIs. I would also definitely go back to the 5AR4 rectifier tube it was designed you.
  11. byoung334

D110b

Incredible buy if all is OK. They sell for 300 to 4000 or more. Huge amp heave and a big heat generator. But it is an incredible amp.
  12. byoung334

KT88s in an ARC D76

Yep, 50 mA
  13. byoung334

KT88s in an ARC D76

The owners manual states 50 mA
  14. byoung334

KT88s in an ARC D76

Dave I do not have a way to set the AC balance. Sot you think I should bias current at 50 mA?
  15. byoung334

KT88s in an ARC D76

So I have been thinking about putting KT88s in my Audio Research D76 in place of the 6550s. ARC has nothing on their site addressing this in older amps. So what do you think? What should I set the DC balance and bias to? For the 6550 its 50 ma.
  16. byoung334

Ultra Rare Pic

Nice Revox CD. My buddy has the same one, the first CD player Revox made. He still uses his.
  17. byoung334

Chinese EL34-B

I have used bot the SED Winged C and the Chinese EL34. Both excellent tubes. I presently have the Chinese tubes in my Dynaco ST70 with the VTA board. They are wonderful sounding tubes. Very pleasing sound. Both are excellent performers.
  18. byoung334

Coral BX-10 2 Way 16 ohm Speakers

I picked up a pair of Coral BX-10 2 way speakers. They are 16 ohm, 20 watts 30-20K speakers, apparently made for tube amps. The cabinets are stunning walnut as are the cane grills. I have been listening to them for a few days and they have a very "British" sound like Tanoys. Very smooth clear...
  19. byoung334

Need Console ID

Should have 9300 series 6BQ5 push/pull amp, although this style can also be solid state. The solid state has the same tuner face and turntable as the tube version. Gotta look in the back.
  20. byoung334

And So It Begins, Maggie 8601 Build

Mike what value did you use for the capacitor?
  21. byoung334

A fab shop I do business with cut it on their laser. I drilled all of the holes.
  22. byoung334

I have modded a few Magnavox 8601 SE amps by the schematic that basically removes the feedback and other caps and increases the feedback resistor with excellent results. So I decided to build one from scratch. I secured a set of trannies and had a top plate cut out of 16 gage 304SS brushed...
  23. byoung334

Dynaco A50

I owned a pair last year. They have a very nice pleasing laid back sound. In my opinion, more mid and bass that the A25. They are beautiful speakers and can be placed near to a wall. They need to be on stands about 12" off the floor. You will not be disappointed in their sound. I found mine in a...
  24. byoung334

Carver Speakers?

They need LOTS of power. A buddy of mine has 2 pairs and drives one pair with 600 watt mono SS amps
  25. byoung334

I made an offer on this old computer...

So what are you going to do with a warehouse in Israel?
Back
Top Bottom