Search results

1. thebes

First pass w US cleaner - odd results

Thanks for that. Yeah I kinda figured that would be the case, but I want to play with my new toy, so I'll use the SpinClean cleaner with a drop of photo flow I happen to have on hand.
  2. thebes

First pass w US cleaner - odd results

Just bought one of these machines, and was wondering if simply using the Spin Cleaner cleaner solution I have on hand in the US would do the trick? It's cheap, works well in the Spin Cleaner and no alcohol. Not a chemist or anything, but everytime I've cleaned a record with an alcohol solution...
  3. thebes

Make Your Own Acrylic Cover

Bumping up for the Winter restoration/building season. It's fun and it looks way cool, especially with tube gear.
  4. thebes

Tube tester: Sencore MU-150

This is very cool. I have a Sencore Mu140 and 150, only slight circuit changes between the two. I've rebuilt both of them but both aren't working in different ways after their rebuilds so they have been parked for over a year. How might I go about getting some boards built using your gerber...
  5. thebes

Going topless: how do you no-dustcover types do it?

Let's face it. Your average Thebes, and that would be me, is too dern lazy to dust all the time, clean toilets, swab decks etc. so I use dust covers. I also use them on tube amplifiers, and even on a Yamaha CDX 1100u cd player, cause the guts are so cool looking. If one of my tables doesn't...
  6. thebes

Finally A Repalcement for the Superior Crate For Record Storage

(Hey guys I just posted this on the Klipsch Forum but know of your interest in all things record, I thought you'd like to know this because I don't think this info has been posted here yet.) Records. They take up space and they are usually stacked sideways, which means you have to turn your end...
  7. thebes

Hydrogen Peroxide on vinyl?

Isn't this the stuff they use to make "bottle blondes". If it can do that to your hair then common, not necessarily scientific, sense says stay away.
  8. thebes

Show Us Your Patriotic Album Covers

If your not roller skating in a buffalo herd your probably singing along to this:
  9. thebes

Show Us Your Patriotic Album Covers

I seldom post here being a denizen of the Klipsch Forum, but I put up a thread over there yesterday that I thought you folks could have some 4th of July fun with over here. Let's face it, what this upcoming 4th of July holiday really needs, is not more bombast, nor more genetically engineered...
  10. thebes

dzkfraser. You're from my home town! That's a nifty dustcover and you don't have to bother with gluing at all. Excellent solution. Cheap too, which is something I heartily approve of.
  11. thebes

Sorry I'm just getting back to you, but yes you can leave the top on when running the amp. If you look closely at the picture of the Scott amp, I've deliberately added a little height to the top instead of making it flush. This is to allow for ventilation and to keep it from melting a. An inch...
  12. thebes

Cartridge shopping - "New" or "New Used"

For your budget and what you want to do, the previous posters are on the money. Get a new stylus. I've had extensive time with the whole Ortofon OM line, and the without going to MC you will be hard pressed to beat what you have sonically. If your cart is over, say, and roughly, 600 hours, the...
  13. thebes

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Rasta mon!
  14. thebes

Group Buy Thunderon Antistatic Brush?

I love the word "Thunderon". Gotta have me some. Don't post here often, but I'm a regular on the Klipsch Forum. Great idea by the way.
  15. thebes

How to Apply Veneer - Hot Iron Method

Superb tutorial. Thanks for posting.
  16. thebes

Now I know where that song "Burning Down the House" came from!:D Sounds pretty dodgy, but yes, I think with some forethought, a bender could be built out of this-and-that (this is DIY after all) with not all that much trouble. But for most folks, they would probably be building one or two...
  17. thebes

Bumper-upper for the Winter home brew building season. A fun, simple, and nice aesthetic touch to add to your winter project
  18. thebes

Having Klipsch forum withdraws

It's just a cover story. They are actually spending all their time creating a special (needs) section where I will be confined. Of course, like a certain simian atop the Empire State building, I will eventually escape and run amok amongst the Forum citizenry.
  19. thebes

Having Klipsch forum withdraws

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! I've been working on a series of trenchant exposes bringing to light the seedy underbelly of the Klipsch Forum. Actually I am the seedy underbelly of the Klipsch forum.
Back
Top Bottom