Search results

1. iGrant

Ian is fading away??

I've only noticed good from you :music:
  2. iGrant

Ian is fading away??

I'm very much still here and while my heart goes out to everyone for their concerns and best wishes, please don't forget I am still here, and loving it :) I'm not going any where until I'm good and ready., which keeps me in the drivers seat (jaguar XJR comes to mind first) before I go anywhere...
  3. iGrant

RITA-880 who's got one? And what do you think?

A trick for burning in without annoying anyone, put the speakers out of phase by reversing one set of speaker wires at the speaker, put about one foot apart, facing each other, this drastically reduces bass and then you can burn in at decent volume without the thump. Good call to use a SS amp...
  4. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

Sorry I haven't followed up on testing, had all sorts of weird pains and muscle pulls from the back surgery, hopefully just healing pains, been like this since late Jan. I look forward to playing with this amp soon. Ian
  5. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

As mentioned by others, let her burn in for at least 50 hours with the stock tubes, there was 50 hours of burn in at the factory as per our requirements, but the tubes you get are fresh new tubes. Get the time on the stock tubes for testing/troubleshooting or you loose a tube after rolling...
  6. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

re 3 above by Rachel, i'm 99% sure that the CV-181s by Pavane or Shuguang will dramatically improve the bass as they do for most amps, the stock Shuguang 6SN7 wouldn't make anyone's top 10 list. Rita has much larger transformers, after 45 watts, she keeps going in Class AB, and will do 450...
  7. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

Thanks for going for it, hope to read your thoughts on how far along Psvane have come. They have been at it for a long time, they even did the Jolida amps in the beginning of Jolida, made in the USA, hmm. Of course Psvane were the Shuguang amps, which are no longer. Jungson, Opera and ShengYa...
  8. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

Leans in the Rita direction for sound quality. The S8MK was great entry/mid level KT88 amp that really came to life with the Psvane tube and cap roll. With Psvane doing their own KT120 tubes (Shuguang are soon to have their KT120 too) this tube topology will become more popular. Many think the...
  9. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

Can't help you with what else is out there, I just haven't kept up with it at all. Unless LM and/or Rogue have drastically reduced their prices to be competitive with the likes of Psvane with the GF pricing model then I doubt they will be as good a deal new or used. I like the LM products, but...
  10. iGrant

Help troubleshooting DAC-09

Your welcome, might be a good idea to get some quality contact cleaner, I suggest going thru your gear once a year or so, details on the GF blog here: http://grantfidelity.com/wordpress/audio-tips-and-tweaks/clean-connections/ cheers, Ian
  11. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

They have just started shipping out late last week, so it will be a bit of time before any user feedback will be available and not everyone shares their opinions online. I am writing my opinions of this amp, somewhat biased it might seem but most will confirm I usually get it right. Comparing...
  12. iGrant

Help troubleshooting DAC-09

unplug it over night and flick to dual voltage switch a few times. See if that helps. Try and determine if it analog or digital, by trying different inputs. Cheers, Ian
  13. iGrant

Psvane KT120 amp

This amp sounds amazing (with only 4 hours on it) and looks like it should cost 3 times as much. Been a long time since something got me all excited and wanting to listen to music again. Imaging is spooky accurate and having this much power does get your attention. I'll be posting my opinions...
  14. iGrant

What GF gear do you own?

Noel at Skylan has the stands for the V-218, we developed them together to be the right stand. Cheers, Ian
  15. iGrant

TD 11 16/44.1 issue with DVD/CD player

Do you have any other coax digital players to try? A few times someone has had some player that the TD11 doesn't get along with, usually an old one. You can try digging into the menu of your DVD player, making sure things like PCM Audo output is set, not LPCM. I use quite a few 16/44 players...
  16. iGrant

Sorry, never saw this. They all work fine on the tube out, I like the 650 for the price, the 700...

Sorry, never saw this. They all work fine on the tube out, I like the 650 for the price, the 700 and 800 are better. The 650s bass is strong, not quite natural, but to my surprise I have gotten used to them and use them in the studio setup, all GF :) Cheers, Ian
  17. iGrant

TubeDAC-11 impressions/questions

Having the tube headphone on the front panel would have introduced a bit more noise than optimum, so the tube outs are best suited for the back. The front SS headphone jack will drive just about anything out there fine, except for the super hard to drive which usually cost a small fortune or...
  18. iGrant

Consonance impresses again!

I haven't found an amp that the V-518's don't sound great with :) There is only a few pairs of these speakers left and then they are gone, a shame, they smoke most megabuck big speakers and make a great addition to any system and do what most speakers fail to do, put you at the live...
  19. iGrant

DIY Health

Thanks, 11 months and still ticking :) Still trying to sort my back, which is as I expected nothing or little to do with the cancer, but try to get a medical doctor to understand that ! I now have an x-ray showing the lower back problem. Like always I'll be on my own trying to sort it. I'll be...
  20. iGrant

TubeDAC-11 troubleshooting - clicking noise

Adcom has usually been it, but it is usually older players. The transport in multichangers usually isn't so great, but if convenience is what you are after go for a higher model number offering. Ditto a single source player, which if you go older (within 10 years) top of the line you are...
  21. iGrant

TubeDAC-11 troubleshooting - clicking noise

This clicking is the dac not recognizing the first few bits of data being sent by the player, most players the td11 has no issues with, a few do this, ditto sampling rates from computers, most don't do it, some do. We decided that instead of buffering digital inputs to avoid this clicking from a...
  22. iGrant

TubeDAC-11 impressions/questions

Make sure there are no sharp bends in your optical cable run, make sure you didn't jams the cables protective cover in the dac. I've had a few custom cables that gave us issues way back, I think blue jean cables was the brand and it was to do with alignment. Look inside the hole on the dac and...
  23. iGrant

DIY Health

So, almost 10 months later and I'm still very much here :) I've started a journal over at www.cancur.com, should be a fun read for those that are into healing and curing things. A bit scrambled but I felt if I didn't just start writing, nothing would happen to another good concept. It will come...
  24. iGrant

Use of the tubedac-11 without tube

Not recommended, everything will sound fine until it doesn't work at all. Cheers, Ian
  25. iGrant

DIY Health

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ied_AD4iE bet that pisses of the FDA and AMA and their board of directors to no end, the stunned look on the talking head is priceless. Cheers, Ian
Back
Top Bottom