Search results

1. iGrant

DIY Health

As some of you are aware, I'm having a pile of fun DIYing my own cure for cancer and some have asked me to start a thread so they can share their experiences and methods. While I have chosen to avoid traditional treatment methods that is just what makes me feel right, the 'to each their own'...
  2. iGrant

Rita V3

Just setting up the first Rita V3 for Dave Elrod, he has a Rita 880 V2, which he has used for a few years now to demonstrate his power, speaker and interconnect cables to clients worldwide in his studio. Dave can have any amp at his disposal since a complete Elrod Cable system can cost around...
  3. iGrant

Sennheiser HD800

Well, after breaking my trusty HD540 (my third pair) and having no luck getting a decent replacement pair. I have the HD800 running, with the HD700 and HD650 ready to be unpacked. Hooked up the HD800 to the Yulong D100MK, sounded fine, but not waht I am used to, switched over to the TubeDAC-11...
  4. iGrant

GF Interactive Reviews

You probably noticed two new threads titled Interactive Reviews. This is a project to see if this becomes our new review method or a part of it. As some of you are likely aware, we have an in-home audition program, well, we are thinking lets take that up a notch. We hope our customers and...
  5. iGrant

Affordable Audio Review - TubeDAC-11

Our friends at A$$A are back in case you missed it, one of my favourite Audio Mags. Real world reviews of real world gear, highly recommended read. Check out the archives too, should keep you busy for a while :) We made the cover of Issue 63 with the TubeDAC-11 and the review starts on page 3...
  6. iGrant

Head-Fi TubeDAC-11 review

An in depth end-user review over at Head-Fi of the TubeDAC-11: http://www.head-fi.org/products/grant-fidelity-24-192-tubedac-11-digital-to-analog-converter-with-tube-output/reviews/6533 A good read. Always appreciated when our TubeDAC-11 owners help spread the word, (there is a comments...
  7. iGrant

SSI2012 (Montreal) - Opera Consonance

The Opera Gear is all packed up on 2 pallets and on it's way to the SSI2012 show. Just in case you aren't aware, Eric the owner of Opera-Consonance is one of those Kitchen Table designers that made it in the early 90's. Eric does it all, from the wall plug out, power, digital, analog, tube...
  8. iGrant

TubeDAC-09 Useful Links

Useful links for the retired TubeDAC-09: TubeDAC-09 Manual - https://shop.grantfidelity.com/files/DAC%20manual.pdf the TubeDAC-09 Pre-Amp Mode User Mod - https://shop.grantfidelity.com/files/Grant%20Fidelity%20Tube%20DAC%20modification%20instruction.pdf Note that if your volume control is...
  9. iGrant

Affordable $$ Audio is back

After toying with idea of merging with another online publication, our friends at Affordable Audio (A$$A) have returned, one of our favourite reads and the whole lets make it affordable is what we are about too. 60 odd issues to dig thru ...
  10. iGrant

Who is Yulong Audio

An interesting read on who is Yulong by Rachel: http://grantfidelity.com/factories/?p=250 Cheers
  11. iGrant

GF Pavane 300B-T vs WE300B

Some fun things to play with in the showroom today, the Pavane WE300B Replicas and the Pavane Hi-Fi 274B rectifier, burning them in a fully upgraded Shuguang S300 MK integrated amp, a Yulong Sabre D-18 DAC and the ShengYa V-518 horns, already sounds awesome and you should see the Dave Elrod...
  12. iGrant

Pavane WE300B Exact Replicas Launched

I heard the prototypes at the Pavane factory and they sounded like the real thing which I was comparing to ! Basically an exact replica using parts sourced from the source. Only a few initial pairs available for NA in the first run. Lots more info and pics here...
  13. iGrant

Happy New Year

Like to wish AK members and GF customers (and GF forum lurkers :) a Happy New Year and would especially like to thanks all the GF customers for their ongoing support, every year we grow due to your support, which allows us to bring in even more affordable high-end goodies for us to listen to...
  14. iGrant

Yulong Sabre 32bit 500khz DAC Impressions

Lots of feedback coming in over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586153/yulong-sabre-d18-thread-reviews-impressions-discussion Cheers, Ian
  15. iGrant

Xmas Razz - Santa's Party

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=411600 Merry Xmas, Ian
  16. iGrant

Xmas Razz - Santa's Party

This album was made in 1991 (I just realized that was 20 years ago !), when Xmas music basically sucked (except for the great classics, but still...), since then everyone and their Grandmother has made Xmas music, but I think this still holds up well, and is quite different. Xmas Razz Band...
  17. iGrant

Rita

Greg just walked in and said he thought RITA stood for Rachel's Integrated Tube Amp :) There goes my Reference Cheers, Ian
  18. iGrant

GF W-30 review HiFi Zine

"This is by far the most quiet tube amplifier I’ve ever heard, and even when turned up, is completely silent through my 98 dB horn speakers. Has Grant Fidelity created the perfect amplifier? Not quite, as every piece of equipment on the market has flaws. More importantly, Grant Fidelity has...
  19. iGrant

Barb w-30

Maybe we can get Guy to post some more pics of what he has done to his W-30, my final prototype which did look basically the same as the production model. He says I have my Rita and he has his Barb (black and really beautiful). Looks great ! Excellent customizing Guy, Love it and...
  20. iGrant

Who is Psvane?

By Rachel: Psvane is a brand name – owned by a private group of audiophiles inside and outside of China together. Initially some of the members of this private group worked for Shuguang and they were the key R&D personnel for the hugely popular ‘black bottle’ Shuguang Treasure series...
  21. iGrant

TubeDAC-11 Silver

The TubeDAC-11 started shipping last night for all the pre-orders and is available for shipping now for new orders. Cheers, Ian
  22. iGrant

Compact WZ-5 Speaker wins Award

Compact WZ-5 SE Collector's Edition just won an award from Positive Feedback: The 8th Annual Positive Feedback Online's Writers' Choice Awards for 2011 - The Best of the Best! http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue58/awards2011.htm Product Info...
  23. iGrant

Pavane Capacitor Rolls - Rita

A customer wanted the Pavane Cap roll done while his Rita was in for repair, he said the lights went brown and a little later Rita puffed up some smoke, new power supply caps required under warranty, the first time ever for that. Our tech Greg put them in while doing the warranty work and our...
  24. iGrant

TubeDAC-11 as a Pre-Amp

Showing off how excellent the TubeDAC-11 (stock tube) is as a pre-amp, replaced a $5k pre-amp with it today, runing the Pavane 50w 845 Parallel SET Class A monoblocks thru the 98 db GF 15" Coaxials. Basically dead quiet in a system that will reveal any sort of noise, the $5k pre-amp is noiser...
  25. iGrant

Links about GF

links from other forums talking about us. This first goes back a bit talking about the Treasure tubes just after we had launched them, if you follow the links in the thread, you will find early reviews on the Pavane tubes, an interview with Rachel and some RMAF show coverage. Click on things...
Back
Top Bottom