Search results

1. sonix

Semi-Auto TT suggestion please!?

Wow! that looks sharp!
  2. sonix

Wow, so many good choices! I will have to look into some options, really appreciate everyones input!
  3. sonix

Thank you for the recommendation Johny!
  4. sonix

Hi everyone, I would greatly appreciate your recommendations and expertise in a good semi-automatic turn table. 1. What I am looking for is a good quality table that I can use with a lever for cuing the tone arm, in other words I don't like to manual drop the stylus on the record or lift it...
  5. sonix

f(x)

f(x)
  6. sonix

Emotiva XP2 Gen.1 opinion

I have a few big power amps that I really like, one of them is my vintage Heathkit AA1800/AP1800 set. Lately I have been interested in trying out a newer amp by one of the reputable manufacturers that doesn't break the bank. Does anyone have any experience with the Emotiva power amps? I would...
  7. sonix

What happened to AB International?

Have no idea, I was thinking cancer or some sort of health issues also.
  8. sonix

What happened to AB International?

Hi everyone, Does anyone know what happened to AB International? It seams like all of their information is gone from the web. I used to deal with Bob on a few occasions since I have 3 of their amps. I tried to reach Bob by email several times but got no response. If anyone knows any...
  9. sonix

BGW vs. ABI need your opinion

Very cool!
  10. sonix

11. sonix

What happened to ABI International?!

Hi everyone, Does anyone know if ABI international went out of business? If so, Im very disappointed, I just don't see their web sight anymore. I used to get specs, parts and consultations from them now there is no sign of them around. The sight www.abamps.com seems to be for sale? I sent...
  12. sonix

Mono vs. Stereo!

All good points.
  13. sonix

Mono vs. Stereo!

Here is a question I have been pondering for a little bit, do our ears listen in mono or stereo? I have never thought about this before even after many years of listening and owning many stereo components. What got me interested in this question is a youtube video where an audio enthusiast had...
  14. sonix

Musicality vs. Accuracy?

Thats fair and objective I suppose. And do you think politicians will ever be on the same page debating an idea? lol, good point though.
  15. sonix

Please help with Active crossover question/Suggestion

Thank you so much!
  16. sonix

Need Active crossover recommendation...

Hi everyone, If anyone has a suggestion or experience with a high quality active 3/4 way active crossover I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched the net and came across a few commercial grade crossovers. So far I'm thinking Ashly XR2001 and 4001 but are there any others out there you...
  17. sonix

Amplifier/Speakers sound/match?

Thank you, I totally forgot about the square wave test, that makes sense of the amps accuracy and ability to faithfully reproduce a signal however, I do think there may be other factors such as the damping factor and slew rate? Anyways, thanks for the great input!
  18. sonix

I guess not a whole lot of explanations to this phenomena. I have my own theories but curious what others think, thanks.
  19. sonix

Hi everyone, I have been playing with speaker amplifier combinations for a while now and still hard to make sense why some amplifiers just sound good with some speakers and not so good with others and wise versa. Some amplifiers make my DQ20 speakers sound way to forward which tends to get...
  20. sonix

Please help with Active crossover question/Suggestion

I would like to try using active crossovers with my 3 way and 4 way speakers. I'm looking at Ashly crossovers and Im a little confused. Ashly models looking at are Ashly XR 2001 and 4001. I'm confused by 3 way mono and 2 way stereo on the XR2001 model. Can I use this this one for my 3 way...
  21. sonix

Musicality vs. Accuracy?

Some interesting points, thank you. What I'm emphasizing is that some people would choose a more anemic sounding amplifier only because they believe its more accurate sounding and not necessarily more musical sounding. This is strange to me. I would personally prefer to listen to an amp that...
  22. sonix

Musicality vs. Accuracy?

Hi everyone, My question to you all is what is more important to you, a musical amplifier or an accurate amplifier? I realize, that you may also have a happy medium, where your personal perception of accuracy and musicality may be in harmony. I have an audio friend who is very much obsessed...
  23. sonix

No offense to anyone just my personal preference.
  24. sonix

Great response everyone! I miss my 600xl even though the x-former produced a little hum. I had two of them and one had a fan and the other one didn't. They sounded very neutral to my ear but nice, some people prefer that fat or buttery sound from vintage amps or receivers like Marantz. I...
Back
Top Bottom