Search results

1. fmueller

Volume Control

If I sister two speakers together, can I use a simple rheostat/potentiometer to reduce the volume of one in comparison to the other? If yes, and I am using a 100W amp with two 100W speaker, what K value potentiometer should I use? Total DIY newbie here, and just asking for a little fun...
  2. fmueller

Car Audio

Hi All, I haven't checked in for a while, but am looking for some car audio advice. Was there a car audio part of AK, or am I making this up? If there isn't, where should I go? I am looking for any info on a Sansui SA31504 car amplifier. Google has nothing. Greetings Frank
  3. fmueller

AR Chronos F25

Is anybody familiar with these speakers? I'd like to find out a bit more, for example were they sold in the USA, personal experiences, anything really. To give a bit of background, my brother bought those speakers ages ago in Germany when they were new. He still has them and loves them. From...
  4. fmueller

JBL 4430 in NZ

5. fmueller

AR3

I finally sold the pair of AR3 speakers I brought with me from the US to New Zealand. Too many speakers - or not enough rooms! I hadn't done anything with them, since buying them more than 10 years ago. The new owner collects Acoustic Research speakers. He re-foamed the woofers, but hasn't done...
  6. fmueller

Denon DCD 1015G

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what's the difference between a Denon DCD 1015G and the DCD 1015? There is no shortage of info on the DCD 1015, but I can't find any mention of the DCD 1015G, and I just picked up a silver one with rosewood side panels. My very first system was a Denon...
  7. fmueller

Denon DCD 2000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1982-Denon-DCD-2000-CD-Player-Extremely-Rare-In-Good-Condition-/331888647599?#viTabs_0 I always wanted one of these. Often they show up in pretty beaten up shape, which makes them kind of useless for what's basically a collector piece. That one looks awesome...
  8. fmueller

Car Stereo - What AUX Connection is this?

I am thinking the slot at which the red arrow is pointing might be some kind of aux connection. This thing is old - I am thinking pre-USB. It's too small for a CF card or PCMCIA. SD card looked good but doesn't fit - still a smidgen too large. Way too big for micro-SD. What else is there?
  9. fmueller

Denon DP-45F with OM30

What's a realistic price to pay for a Denon DP-45F turntable with an Ortofon OM30 cartridge? Looks to be in top shape apart from a cracked dust cover.
  10. fmueller

Jbl 4315

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/4376834773.html Comments?
  11. fmueller

Cast Iron Cookware

I don't own any, but I am curious. Do we have any aficionados around here? Any wisdom to share? Any good places on the net to get more info or to ask questions? My interest would be in a dutch oven a.k.a. oval roaster and maybe a skillet to be used on a ceramic stove top. Does anybody have...
  12. fmueller

MITSUBISHI DP-101 1st gen CDP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231023819355 Kinda cool, but $500 is a lot for a 1st generation CDP. I guess you'd really have to be a collector, but "only working example in the world" :scratch2: Still, worth visiting the auction for some great photos of an unusual item...
  13. fmueller

Neat Yamaha System on CL Cleveland

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/3822911623.html Obviously the CR-820 is the nugget in the whole deal, but the YP-211 is not a bad turn table to start with or for a second system, and NS-5 would make decent speakers for the same purpose. I particularly like the included solid oak speaker...
  14. fmueller

Kappa 8 vs RS-4b

I used to own a pair of RS-4b that I re-foamed and enjoyed quite a bit. Eventually I sold them - long story, stupid decision :dunno: Now I might have a chance to buy a pair of Kappa 8 (not 8.1) locally at a very attractive price. They are in need of re-foaming so listening isn't really...
  15. fmueller

Joe Cocker

Very enjoyable interview with Joe Cocker by German public TV ZDF. The interviewer seems like a bit of a dork, but Joe is fantastic as usual. The above link takes you to the interview in English. There is also a short documentary which shows Joe's ranch in Colorado and clips of his long...
  16. fmueller

Hifonics Olympian Series II car subs

I found a box with two of these puppies on the curb the other day. Drivers seem to be working and even the surrounds are ok. The only issue I have been able to find is a cut in one of the cones (bottom of right woofer), but since it is a clean cut, that should be an easy fix. I have done...
  17. fmueller

Audio Cables and Static Electric Charge

I am somewhat of a cable skeptic, but I hope I'll never be too old to learn, so I've recently been reading up on some stuff. Here is somewhat of a conundrum I have come up with. Maybe somebody can help me to understand. I understand from our recent thread on cable risers that a static...
  18. fmueller

Interesting GW Find - Yamaha CC-70W

Yesterday I discovered an interesting little system at my local GW. I don't usually pay much attention to mini-systems, but this one is a real eye catcher. When I picked it up, the receiver was astonishingly heavy due to a very meaty power supply. Lots of attention seemed to have been paid to...
  19. fmueller

Weird looking manual

This is the weirdest looking operating manual I have even seen :D
  20. fmueller

ID Ohio Critters

I just found those caterpillars on my tomatoes. Within one or two days they virtually destroyed 4 large plants completely. They seem to prefer the tomatoes green, and ate all but the stem of some of them. There were only about 6 caterpillars, but they are huge - easily 4" in length. As large...
  21. fmueller

Liese Mixer

Today at the local GW I spotted a mixer - not something I would usually have much interest in, since I am not into recording, but on this one all the writing was in German - eg 'Mischpult' instead of 'Mixer'. Being German myself, this attracted my interest. On further inspection, the mixer is...
  22. fmueller

$3000 Tannoy Speakers

Apparently word has gotten out that Tannoys ain't cheap: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/1935027702.html :rolleyes:
  23. fmueller

Car Sales Contract

If you sell a car from one private party to another, do you put a contract in writing and sign it? If yes, what do you need to put in there? I had a great standard contract in Germany that protected me when selling cars, but I have never sold a car since I came to the US. All advice appreciated!
  24. fmueller

Pioneer CD Players

Pioneer's claim to fame appear to be mostly receivers. I've only got a lowly SX-550, but I can surely understand people's enthusiasm. Maybe I am not looking in the right place, but I don't seem to find much info on Pioneer CD players - particularly single disc CDPs. There seem to be a lot of...
  25. fmueller

Shopping Twilight Zone

I went shopping to our local Walmart Super Center today - mostly for groceries. After over an hour of wandering through the isles and loading a shopping cart to the top, I decided to reward myself and have a quick look at the CDs. So I parked my shopping cart at the end of one of the isles...
Back
Top Bottom