Search results

1. fxer1982

Let's See Your Modest Tube System

the Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 power amp 7408 or 6v6gt family of output tubes, plus Stromberg Carlson tube preamp ASE-434 with active EQ
  2. fxer1982

DPA Tube Amplifiers?

WOW. they look great, bet the music out of them is dreamy
  3. fxer1982

Victor Pre and Amp

look up RCA Japan made and the number of the assembly...that may give you more info...i do see a burned light green or lite blue cap that will need to be replaced i see it way to the right of the photo of the under side.... i like it looks nice just fix it up and try how it sounds.
  4. fxer1982

Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 OT ohms?

yes the information posted from century tek is 100% correct from the catalog...
  5. fxer1982

DIY 6AV5 Amplifier- Want To Build One (or Two)

Thats one beautiful looking layout of a tube amp. bet its close to be in live with the music you receive from it, a true reproduction of music wonderful perfect frequency :...
  6. fxer1982

Stromberg Carlson ASR-120

with no pre amp to color the EQ its going to sound kind of blah. get a pre amp with bass and treble knobs will give you what your looking for.
  7. fxer1982

What current production 12ax7s do you recommend?

RCA BLACK PLATE nos 1960'S have no idea on current prices...i paid near 55.00 each and sadly the guy is no longer with us...he matched them after 24 hr burn in...they sound very creamy, smooth all freq no schrill treble fast correct bass, great mid range....IMO....I do know everything was sold...
  8. fxer1982

Tom Tutay has passed.

R.I.P. Tom: Although I never met him it is sad when anyone dies. my Condolences and Prayers to all Family and Friends of Tom.
  9. fxer1982

Trying to Identify Stromberg Carlson Branded Tubes

most likely you need to go back to the first page of Audio Karma then go to tube amps....do log in and at the very begining of the post is a post about EIA code learn to love them ....those codes are on tubes, speakers manufactors...i can't make out clearly the numbers on the 12ax7 to give you...
  10. fxer1982

Trying to Identify Stromberg Carlson Branded Tubes

mullard manufactacter EL- 84
  11. fxer1982

Maker of Stromberg-Carlson branded tubes?

GE the numbers on the tube should be 188 thats GE. 61-44 is the yr and week of that yr,
  12. fxer1982

stromberg carlson console find

the Stromberg Carlson amp is a ASR-120 with 4ea 7408 output Tubes and 2 ea 7199 spilter pre tubes. I have a total of 4 of those amps in house currently. ill send ya a copy of the schematic with this post. I put in a on-off switch. two RCA inputs on the top holes and out puts on the back. also a...
  13. fxer1982

Gotta recap the crossovers in my Altec 19s. What type of cap?

my two cents: if you change one part on crossover, I myself would do the same to both crossovers. so you can change the one that needs it changed check them out playing music if you get that much good change you can easily do the other crossover too. I don't fix one break on a car i change both...
  14. fxer1982

Trying to find the right sound via swapping tubes question

Sylvania write up on the 6v6gta says 5 watts over the normal anode dispensation. mind you these are from 1959 tube production. Ive read it, hell i cant find it, right now to many Tupperware products of tubes and books.
  15. fxer1982

ummm RCA clear glass 7408 gray plates 1971 DF date code, or RCA clear glass 7408 1972 DT date code..very smooth across the frequency spectrum. I use a push/pull stereo amp. or the Raytheon 6v6G 1940's which Im using now are very close to the RCA they are the big bottle black plates... I always...
  16. fxer1982

as far as 6v6 type tubes i use many different kinds of 6v6g, 6v6gt, 7408, 6v6gta. the sylvania 6v6gta 5 watt max Anode Dissipation so they are one of the best tubes yet are hard to find the thin lettering Sylvania label in a box on the tube those are old Black plate NOS if you can find them. i...
  17. fxer1982

i have listened to the 7581A to my ears they are out standing tube for music. i have a pair of RCA 7581A from 1962 . thing is GE held the patent and was the manufacturer of 7581A, the RCA's i have still have 188 code which is GE although they are labeled on the base as RCA
  18. fxer1982

You have a good power amp and the EH-KT88/EH-6550 will be very good sounding in the amp as in any other tubes NOS old made tubes cant be beaten for music or voices, RCA 6L6gc black plate are not to expensive and are called by some the holly grail of tubes 1960's early years. You seam to want...
  19. fxer1982

Opinions on KT88/6550

i went with EH kt88 and compared them to Tung-Sol 1959 black plate no hole 3 D getters 2 on one side 1 getter on top. no contest Tung-Sol 6550 have a mystic reproduction of all instruments. solid deep Bass yet not fake sounding...mids sound so sweet as do the whole musical voicing....Im saving...
  20. fxer1982

New 604-8g cabs

very nice looking pair with a nice clear coating on them. i do like the vents. if they are a bit bright you can place a 1/2 watts resister in the path for the high freq horn see if that brings down the brightness a bit.
  21. fxer1982

3156 16" can they be Re-coned to act like 416's?

yes although due to the two in one meaning low and high freq horn there is special care must be taken...there is a site called "speaker exchange.com" where you can order the cones, voice coils, surrounds and spiders all separately or in a kit form with all + glue in kit form. there also is...
  22. fxer1982

Best aftermarket Altec recone kit

big time yes on speaker exchange if they have you woofer # you can see their kits for them.
  23. fxer1982

Tube Party

i understand with no numbers seen. what i found was holding the tube near a good light source and spinning the tube very slowly even looking through the glass and trying to see any letters or numbers got to take your time and look for any writing ive have found enough of the letters numbers to...
  24. fxer1982

Best EL34 (or compatible) replacements for Hi-Fi?

Red Plating is not due to a tube, it is a part in the circuit that is not correct most likely a capacitor or resistor out of specs. i had an amp red plate on one tube in a push pull mono amp, had it to a good tech and he replaced caps and a few resistors. with the same tube in it now the red...
  25. fxer1982

Speaker recommendations (older vinyl tube rig)

nothing sounds a great as a vintage pair of Altec Lansing speakers with tubes. i have a pair of model 17's driven by a push/pull 6v6G 1940 blacklate Raytheon tubes about 11 watts a side stereo along with a tube stereo pre amp. blows me right out of my house if i turn it up to much....so great...
Back
Top Bottom