Search results

1. mwelna

The Mighty NEC A-10II Integrated

Thanks for sharing the review, PabloTincho. It truly is a special amplifier.
  2. mwelna

Marantz 2230.....Miracle!!...102nd unit ever made

Wow. What a special piece despite it's condition. I am glad it found its way in to such capable hands. Thanks for your thoughts about my unit. This explanation stands to reason and I am comfortable with putting the question to rest for now until further information presents itself. I live in...
  3. mwelna

Thanks! So I have an early production / champagne engraved European market 2230. Super cool. -mark
  4. mwelna

Sorry, didn't mean to say "made in Canada" and was editing my post while you were replying. My unit has a goofy looking non standard (USA style) power cord, which is clearly not original. I believe there is a rather large internal fuse holder which I will photograph tonight. Do you have any...
  5. mwelna

Thanks. So this could be a Canadian model 2230 unit #1899?
  6. mwelna

Hello. I realize this thread is over a decade old but am wondering if AudioPuppet has an email alert notification set up for this thread and ever found an answer to his questions about the origin of his peculiar 2230. I have a similar unit that, from what i understand, presents as a early...
  7. Marantz 2230

Marantz 2230

8. mwelna

Kenwood KD-750

I also mounted a supposedly new old stock Shure V15 MK2 Improved. Doesn't look to be new old stock to me, but we'll see how it sounds once the Jelco tonearm cable arrives. In this photo you can see that the magnesium headshell is now the weakest link. I am considering whether to try polishing...
  9. mwelna

Kenwood KD-750

Thanks, but the dustcover is far from perfect. The clarity is good and it looks great in the dark from 5 feet! Actually, it looks pretty nice in dim artificial light which is where it will be living so it's fine for now. Once exposed to the sun I start to think about buying a new...
  10. mwelna

Kenwood KD-750

11. mwelna

Kenwood KD-750

The KD-750 has been on my list since I first saw a picture of one. One recently turned up on my local marketplace and well below market value. It was rough. So rough that I passed on it despite the low price but I spent the day thinking about it and decided to go back and take a chance on it...
  12. mwelna

Luxman M-4000 Lamps

Good to know. I generally prefer the incandescents, but factory Luxman lighting on this series is a bit dim in my experience.
  13. mwelna

Luxman M-4000 Lamps

If I remember correctly, I do have the owners manual. I also have the C-1010 preamp and T-110 tuner. Looking back through the pictures in the thread, it looks like I do have the manual! I am also working of finding the lamps discussed to photograph for future reference. -mark
  14. mwelna

NEC A-11 (Dreams Comes True)

Can I also assume that you have Diatone speakers?? I have the DS-50CS. Very nice.
  15. mwelna

Wow DS2000. I am very envious. I have owned a decent amount of NEC gear over the years, the A-7, two A-10 MKII, two CD-810, two CD-730, and the T-6E tuner, but the A-10 X and CD-903 are truly bucket list pieces. Maybe someday.
  16. mwelna

Yamaha YP-D8: as nice as they come

This thread just made a timely return from the dead as I recently picked up a Micro Seiki table that didn't come with a cartridge. While I knew that I had the Stanton 881s cartridge tucked away I failed to remember that it had come with a genuine Stanton D81 stylus as well that I just saw in a...
  17. mwelna

I would buy every A-11 in good condition for $100.00 that I came across.
  18. mwelna

Nec M-50 pricing

It depends on how much you want them. I am partial to NEC gear. Great stuff. Looking at completed ebay auctions single M50's have recently sold for between 53 and 300 dollars with a pair recently selling for $260. Prices all over the place with 320 for a pair being not entirely out of line...
  19. mwelna

Luxman C1010 Recap

300 - 400 dollars.
  20. mwelna

Luxman C1010 Recap

Ha. Those are the units I sold to you CohibaJoe. I am glad that they seem to have found a good home, and I hope that they arrived safely. -mark
  21. mwelna

Luxman M-4000 Score!

Congratulations HackWhite. It is a wonderful amplifier. Not too long ago I was the proud owner of 3. One, I regrettably sold for much too little, one is part of my main system, and the third is a "parts" unit. I'll check it out over the weekend and maybe I'll have a power switch for you. I...
  22. mwelna

Micro Seiki / SME Tonearm Mounting Basics

Thanks. Yes, it looks like SME parts are fairly easy to source which surprised me. Rotate is a more appropriate word. :) I've finished cabinets on Marantz receivers and on speakers before, but never a plinth. For both those applications I used tongue oil. What finish did you use for a plinth?
  23. mwelna

Yes, it may be a bit of a project. After your comment I looked at a few more pictures, and I believe that you may be right that the tonearm can simply be "twisted" in place without compromising the geometry. The tonearm is also missing a few pieces. The bias weight pulley and the head shell...
  24. mwelna

Hey, thanks bimasta. I currently have a DD-40 which is a pretty machine, but I've been wanting a BL-51 or BL-91 for a while. Hopefully this will work out.
Back
Top Bottom