Search results

1. 4MarkNY

Nakamichi 660zx recovery

I have a Nak 660zx that has been set away for a number of years. I was thinking of adding it back in with some other items, and upon turning it on, I discover it will lights up, rewinds & fast forwards, but will not play. I can’t seem to find any trouble shooting guidelines anywhere about...
  2. 4MarkNY

Mitsubishi DA-A15DC/DA-M10 Question Speaker Selector

I'm looking for one of those ( rare connecting) cables, of course before I source an available set of the meters to go with my DA-A15DC amp. If anyone can measure those pins, I'd be beholden to you- I expect I'll have to make up a version of that cable. Anyone that can give me a part number for...
  3. 4MarkNY

Really bad hum in C26 phono section

Koalaray- thank you for this reply! That was where my hum was coming from. happily I had a spare cartridge & head shell to plug right in. The spare was dead silent.
  4. 4MarkNY

Mcintosh C28 Stopped Working

I seeing the same issues on my C26, losing, then getting the right channel back. I'll try the switch cleaning procedures with contact cleaner and cloth swabs to see if I can clear it for some longer period of time....
  5. 4MarkNY

JVC JL-A20 running slow

What's better than AudioKarma? This thread got this old JVC JL-A20 running right in 10 minutes after reading through it. needed sewing machine oil in the motor, and the spindle pull & lube. Thanks to you all! MarkNY
  6. 4MarkNY

771 receiver, channel out, need MacIver solution

Before=last summer.... well it worked last summer...the tenant didn't mention it being out on one side, but she might not have noticed either.....I'm going to buy some contact cleaner at lowes/home depot when i go by one, and see if I can get some satisfaction. I brought 80G of music, would...
  7. 4MarkNY

771 receiver, channel out, need MacIver solution

I'm at the cottage for July 4th, and I'm rarely here, but have my old Sansui 771 here to host some music. When I arrived last night, I noticed that my left channel was missing, from A, B, & C setups. I opened her up this morning, and the power board fuses are fine. didn't see any leaky caps...
  8. 4MarkNY

Recapping/Updating a C26

Recapping C26 That's more do-able... I thought from looking at the parts list that this was a 3 section can, but from the schematic I see that there are only 2 sections, so that's better. one is a 160uf at 200v, the other section 200uf at 150V. I was thinking that I'd have to pair (2) 80uf caps...
  9. 4MarkNY

Recapping/Updating a C26

Recapping a C26 Well, this is a fine kettle of fish, but I suppose that you guys knew this all along....This being my first adventure to McIntosh land... Starting in the power section, I identified a pair of multi section electrolytics that would likely succumb to age, etc in this preamp...
  10. 4MarkNY

Recapping/Updating a C26

Thanks, DS. That appears to be a sound strategy. I forgot to ask during my re-write of the disappearo portion of the post...Are there mods that are popular when re-conditioning these? Increased capacitance if the filter caps? any known and reliable modifications? (I'm not a purist....)...
  11. 4MarkNY

Recapping/Updating a C26

I've got a c26 preamp that I use along with a rebuilt Dynaco ST-70, a Sansui tuner, and a couple of turntables in the basement studio ( Sonny #3, 17 is a keyboard player, and down there are a Hammond M3, Leslie, drum kit ( Boy #4)). I've learned to do these things myself over the last couple of...
  12. 4MarkNY

mcintosh c26 pre amp pairing?

C26 Pairing I have a C26 with my Dynaco ST-70 ( upgraded VTA driver board, filter section, and russian PIO caps...) into Klipsch Heresy IIs. I'm on here to see about re-capping the C26, at least on the coupling caps, etc., and likely the electrolytics. This preamp also juggles 2 turntables...
  13. 4MarkNY

St-70 Rebuild

Nice Job BK! You should change the choke too since it looks leaky. You can get one at Mouser for under $9.00 ( http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=C-24Xvirtualkey55310000virtualkey553-C24X) I'm in the process of rebuilding my second one. The first is running Gold Lion KT-66s...
  14. 4MarkNY

TU-4400 dial alignment help

After googling the tuner circuit board in the Sansui tu-4400 ( F-1506) I found that the TU-551 uses the same board, and found reference to L04. It now is spot on for every local station after several tweaks of this adjustment. The tuner is back together and sounding, and looking great.
  15. 4MarkNY

TU-4400 dial alignment help

The tuner in the bedroom has gotten quite a lot static-y recently, so I've just cleaned the tuner gang out and contact cleaned. While I'm waiting for the cover to dry from the coat of hammertone gray paint I did while it was off, I thought I'd see how to align the dial as it is off by some .4...
  16. 4MarkNY

still looking for a tu-4400, service manual...your on the list as someone who has one....

still looking for a tu-4400, service manual...your on the list as someone who has one....
  17. 4MarkNY

Sansui AU-5500 rehab attempt

Sansui AU-5500 Rehab, amp side out Mikstick- Thanks for the Service Manual. I sent it on to be listed in the database too. I went into the amp last night and did a complete visual....I found a burned resister (R53) to replace, and a loose connector on the driver board. I've pulled out that...
  18. 4MarkNY

Sansui 771 how has one

Sansui 771... I have a 771 receiver that belonged to my wife's Dad....he had it paired with a pair of AR-4 speakers and a AR XA turntable.....I have those too. I have to slap the receiver on top of the head on occasion to re-light the bulb, but other than that, its in fine shape. I really need...
  19. 4MarkNY

Sansui 661 Thrift Store Find

Demo on the backside..... I have a AU-5500 marked the same way, and came from New England. I was thinking that it was a dealership marking, but now that I see you have one from the other side of the country , I'm thinking that it was marked that way to the dealership from Sansui, and that...
  20. 4MarkNY

Sansui Frequently asked, and more...

AU-5500 for Sansui Bias and DC Offset Data for a AU-5500 integrated amp
  21. 4MarkNY

Need Sansui AU-5500 Vos and Bias Current Adjustment info

Perfect! I can't thank you enough! I suppose first I'll have to get the amp section working, or the connect/separate switch Fixed, or bypassed ( if that's the cause), but it will be nice to have it to spec when I get there..... Mark
  22. 4MarkNY

Need Sansui AU-5500 Vos and Bias Current Adjustment info

I'm sorry that you didn't get your question answered, however, because I'm looking for that information. So will anyone share the bias adjustment procedures and details for a AU-5500 ? I wasn't able to locate any information in the database....... Thanks
  23. 4MarkNY

As an update, I am not able to feed another preamp into the amp section successfully. I'm also assuing that I could try to jumper accross the pre-out jacks to the Main in jacks too. Would I need to do anything else first ? since the switch seems to be locked in a "separated" condition, will I be...
  24. 4MarkNY

Sorry I haven't seen this Roy- The A-(s are runnng fine, although truthfully they sit in a shelf...

Sorry I haven't seen this Roy- The A-(s are runnng fine, although truthfully they sit in a shelf as display while the Dynaco ST-70 runs things down in my listening room......
  25. 4MarkNY

I brought this Au-5500 out of my mother in laws attic at her cottage this summer for us to use with a ipod dock for some tunes while we were in Rhode Island. I've done this for a couple of summers now, but this year it was no go, the integrated amp was giving us no sound. I've got it home now...
Back
Top Bottom