Search results

1. Mamrak1

Worth $$ to go from Sennheiser HD580 to HD660 'phones? ...etc, etc.

You could always send the 580s back to Sennheiser to be reconditioned. That is what I did with my 590s.
  2. Mamrak1

Beyerdynamic DT-770 which is the best?

I bought a pair of DT-770s. I wanted to like them but they hurt my head after extended listening. I do have a big head so that is something a potential buyer may wish to think about.
  3. Mamrak1

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

I am using my Sennheiser HD600 headphones. Lately I am listening to podcasts about paranormal subjects.
  4. Mamrak1

I have owned many of the Sennheiser line of headphones but not the HD600. I took advantage of the Amazon sale this past week and took possession of the 600s. I enjoy the head comfort of these phones. A quick evaluation tells me these have a darker output and an ampIifier is in order. I have...
  5. Mamrak1

What was the last movie you watched?

I watched two prequels to the Alien franchise, Prometheus and Alien Covenant.
  6. Mamrak1

McIntosh c2600 vs Primaluna Dialogue Premium (Preamps)

I have owned many McIntosh amps and preamps. I have never heard this “dark” presentation that was mentioned elsewhere.
  7. Mamrak1

Is it just me...

Thankfully I have most of the discs I will ever want. Now it is just a few CDs to top things off.
  8. Mamrak1

What movies have great music backgrounds/soundtracks?

“A Clockwork Orange”. Top notch classical music. Ludwig Van.
  9. Mamrak1

What is your art? Can you show it?

Here are a few paintings I have done.
  10. Mamrak1

Listening with Shure SHR1540.
  11. Mamrak1

MT5 turntable

I looked at the info at the McIntosh website. They state that total mass is,6.5 grams.
  12. Mamrak1

My pick of Dual Turntables, what would you choose?

If you could find one, I owned the 1249 turntable and I loved it back in the day.
  13. Mamrak1

Things you don't see anymore.

How about a column shifter. Three on the tree!
  14. Mamrak1

Looking for a quality DAC with fixed volume and a small footprint

You might consider the SMSL SU-9 Pro. It uses the ESS 9039 dac chip. It is also a small footprint.
  15. Mamrak1

MQA files for bankruptcy

Both Stereophile and The Absolute Sound jumped on the bandwagon from the beginning.
  16. Mamrak1

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Our wonderful telecommunications company (Frontier.) Last year we received a flyer stating that fiber was soon arriving. Of course as of April 2023 we have no fiber or even hints of fiber. A few weeks ago we received another flyer. This time please call Frontier to get fiber to your residence...
  17. Mamrak1

What's the most beautiful car ever built?

Or a 1968 Ford Mustang?
  18. Mamrak1

What's the most beautiful car ever built?

How about a 1934 Duesenberg?
  19. Mamrak1

The "Almost a band/musician name" game

“Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys“ has to be an all time best group name.
  20. Mamrak1

Remember when cars had cool names?

The good old days!
  21. Mamrak1

Is SACD dead?

I have a number of SACD discs but no player. I decided to order the Yamaha CD-S2100 player. It is due to arrive Monday. I am itching to fire up some of those discs that haven’t been played in some time.
  22. Mamrak1

SMSL SU-10

SMSL SU-10
  23. Mamrak1

Help! Pre-amp uncertainty!

I passed on a mint C-38 and I could kick myself still.
  24. Mamrak1

What have you given away and why?

A guy that worked with my wife wanted an audio system but he was married with two young children. I supplied him with an Onkyo Integra changer, a Parasound amp and preamp and a pair of speakers.
Back
Top Bottom