Search results

1. Mamrak1

Steve McQueen’s Bullitt Mustang

If you ever wondered what happened to the Bullitt Mustang (there were actually two of them), here is the history. https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/mustang-bullitt-found-real-mcqueen/
  2. Mamrak1

A Little Cassette Tape Humor

3. Mamrak1

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull... his “Days are Numbered.”

As told to Dan Rather, Ian Anderson has incurable lung disease.
  4. Mamrak1

How do I connect an IPhone to my McIntosh C2600 preamp?

Is there a simple way (cable) to connect my IPhone to my McIntosh C2600 preamp to play music? Someone suggested an Audioengine Bluetooth device but that is $190. There has to be a cheaper, simpler way to do this. Any ideas?
  5. Mamrak1

Trading a McIntosh C52 for a C2600 Preamp

I’ve had a C52 preamp for about two years. I decided to go back to a tube preamp so I traded for a C2600. I had forgotten how different the two preamps sounded. No time today, but tomorrow I want to swap out the stock tubes for ones I have in my possession.
  6. Mamrak1

McIntosh MR74 Ordered

I find myself listening to FM radio quite a bit these days. I presently own a Sansui TU-717 tuner. I had it in mind to move to a McIntosh tuner. The MR74 gets good marks for being one of the better sounding Mac tuners. I took the plunge today and ordered a MR74 from Audio Classics. I just have...
  7. Mamrak1

Stereophile and TAS have lapsed

Two events happened at the same time for me. I completely overhauled my audio system this past year. At the same time the renewal dates for Stereophile and TAS occurred. Dropping TAS was a no brainer. I haven’t agreed with their editorial staff in a long time. As far as Stereophile goes, I...
  8. Mamrak1

New Parasound Halo JC5 amp

Yesterday I picked up my new Parasound JC5 amp. After much grunting and groaning I got it into my rack. I fired up my McIntosh preamp and Sansui tuner for my first listen. I noticed that the amp made any backround noise seem much quieter. The same goes for the internet music I listen to. There...
  9. Mamrak1

Parasound JC5 amp

I would like to hear from anyone who has this amplifier. I am close to purchasing one and I wanted to get some feedback on it.
  10. Mamrak1

Tyll Hertsen Leaving InnerFidelity

Tyll Hertsen has officially retired from reviewing headphones. He is heading out in his converted truck to see the country.
  11. Mamrak1

TAS and the McIntosh C52 preamp

Paul Seydor gave glowing remarks for the C52 preamp. I’ve owned one for the last year and a half. I’ve enjoyed every minute that I have owned it.
  12. Mamrak1

RF-7 IIIs or Forte IIIs?

I have my search down to these two speakers. I am leaning towards the Forte IIIs but I can get a much better discount on the RF-7 IIIs. Decisions decisions! Any thoughts from owners of these Klipschs?
  13. Mamrak1

Oppo Sonica DAC Being Dropped

The Sonica DAC is no more. Per an email I sent to them, the Sonica DAC is being dropped from the lineup. I asked if there will be a replacement DAC coming out. Oppo is completely out of the DAC business at this time
  14. Mamrak1

Klipsch RF-7 III Released

The Klipsch website has announced the new RF-7 III has been released.
  15. Mamrak1

How do I close a thread I started?

I want to close a thread I started, how do I do that? I only see where I can delete a thread. Thanks.
  16. Mamrak1

Tight Squeeze For McIntosh Amp In Audio Rack

I would like to step up in power with another Mac amp. I have the MC152 now. My main problem is my rack is 10 inches from shelf to shelf. The amp can't go on the top shelf either. There is no room for a power amp stand on the floor. I can't swing the cost of MC301s. The newer amps are all 9...
  17. Mamrak1

Delia Derbyshire - Theme to Doctor Who

Delia Derbyshire was a young employee at BBC Radiophonic Workshop. She took the score written by Ron Grainger and created and arranged the Theme to Doctor Who. The higher ups at BBC didn't want to give a female any credit, so you only see Ron Grainger's name. Derbyshire would have been 80 on May...
  18. Mamrak1

New Sennheiser HD650s have arrived

I own numerous pairs of Sennheisers but nothing that would be considered higher end. I finally caved in and bought the 650s. I only listened a few minutes thus far. Tonight I will have them glued to my head. Wish me luck.
  19. Mamrak1

The New MC152 Arrived

I just hooked up the MC152 I purchased from Audio Classics. Thanks guys! The only problem is my back! Damn, that amp is heavy for 75 lbs. The two things I noticed immediately, (A) I am hearing deeper bass with all the equalizer settings remaining flat on the C52. (B) I can tell there is a lower...
  20. Mamrak1

MC152... Your Thoughts

I am thinking about purchasing the MC152 amp. I have the new C52 preamp and I would like a matching McIntosh amplifier. I am not in the market for an MC252, 302, 402, or 452 amp due to lack of space (height.) Does anyone who owns the MC152 find that it has enough power? I own Opera Quinta...
  21. Mamrak1

Klipsch RF-7s or RP-280Fs

I am considering replacing my current speakers with either the Klipsch RF-7s or the RP-280Fs. The negatives are both are big square boxes. Not exactly pleasing to my eyes. The RF-7s are cherry wood while RP-280s are a laminate, something I am not fond of. I like that both are efficient. I would...
  22. Mamrak1

The word 'Mint'

Do sellers of audio equipment know what the word 'mint' means? I see ads where the display is burnt out or there are multiple scratches on the case and you see it described as mint condition! To me it means a piece of equipment that looks and operates like it was just removed from the box for...
  23. Mamrak1

RP-280RF or RP-260F?

I am considering one of these two speakers for a garage installation. I am not concerned so much about volume but about quality of sound. Will there be much of a difference between the two? Price is not a consideration for me. Anyone who has either of these, I would appreciate comments. Thanks.
  24. Mamrak1

Marantz 125 tuner, Any thoughts?

There is a Marantz 125 I am thinking about purchasing. The tuner and wood case look brand new. It has been serviced and aligned. Does anyone have this tuner? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Would this be a good purchase for $450?
  25. Mamrak1

New McIntosh C52

Here is my new Mac C52 preamp I just received today. Everything sounds great so far!
Back
Top Bottom