Search results

1. E

Systemdek IIX - platter running backwards issue - easy fix?

Pardon my ignorance here...what can I expect with this upgrade?
  2. E

I picked up the t/t yesterday. Looks beautiful even just sitting there :) Not sure when I'll get the chance but I hope to get this up to my my repair guy in the next week or two so they can give it a once over.
  3. E

Appreciate the feedback fellas. Right now it looks like agreeing on a meet day and time is going to be more difficult than actually fixing the turntable. Looking forward to getting it as well. A big sucker for one owner, original packaging sort of deals. :)
  4. E

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I might go for it. :)
  5. E

Hi All Been awhile since I posted on the forum... I was working on a deal to purchase a Systemdek IIX (bought in 1983, profile tone arm, teardrop armboard) with a local seller. He was the original owner and it had been in storage now for 20+ years. However, he messaged me yesterday that he...
  6. E

Pioneer SX-850 Phono Stage Question

I haven't ruled out the switch but I am looking for a replacement. There's one on ebay but at $30 I might wait for a better deal. I have the caps (bought all the bits from mouser) so I'll do those as well. But I thought noise is usually due to transistors. The equalisation board (I think...
  7. E

Yeah I've seen the thread. I was just hoping someone else might be able to give me some advice. Just goes to show how much Mark did help out around here. Really nice guy and helpful. In the mean time I've been doing a little research on my own. As it happens we have an engineer at my new...
  8. E

a little bump... :)
  9. E

markthefixer Needs Your Support!

All the best for a speedy recovery Mark.
  10. E

Thanks for those links. I finally had a chance to get replacement transistors (to make it worth the shipping costs I bought extra extras but also other times on the board in case I needed them). Anyway, I replaced the transistors and made sure to connect them properly. However, the...
  11. E

I never thought to ask. The guy who served me wasn't just the help as well i.e. he plugs in the transistor number you give him and the computer tells you what the replacement part is. Hence he wouldn't have thought to tell me either. The main guys weren't there at that time of day...
  12. E

Thanks a lot mate. I got some reading to do. Both those transistors are available at mouser but the shipping makes them ultra expensive (to Canada) so I'll check my local shop to see if they have those specific ones. I really appreciate all your help. :)
  13. E

Some help with a Pioneer SX-950

I'm only learning myself but my relay click problem disappeared as soon as I used some contact cleaner on the pots and a can of compressed air to clean out the inside. Your receiver looks dusty so I would definitely give the inside a clean. Others can help you better than I can though so...
  14. E

Yes as I learned it is an acquired skill!! But at least I learnt something, mainly do not open the switches. :) I made sure to put the three connectors in the same way as the original transistors. I mapped out the original set up before removing them. But I'll check them again. Thanks...
  15. E

Hmm...so I replaced all the transistors and...no sound at all. There's a very very faint buzz which I am used to as you sometimes hear that when dealing with a phono input but that's it. The AUX, FM and AM work perfectly fine but both Phono 1 and 2 have no sound at all. I double checked the...
  16. E

Thanks again. I'll try the ones I bought since I have them. If there's too much noise I can try and find the ksa992 & ksc1845. I have a SX-939 which is starting to develop similar issues with the phono stage (you can only hear it if the volume is turned up all the way) so this SX-850 is a...
  17. E

^^Thanks mate. I wrote down the two types of transistors I need to replace: 2SA725 and 2SC1313. I popped into a shop to get these and he plugged those numbers into his computer database and gave me the following: For the 2SA725 - A844 (It's what's written on the transistor) For the...
  18. E

I thought I;d revive this thread rather than start a new one since I am having problems with my SX-850 phono stages (both 1 and 2). There is a lot of noise coming through both phono 1 and 2 inputs even when there's no t/t attached. It's not grounding as I tried attaching the grounding wire...
  19. E

Looking for some advice regarding these vintage amps

Long time since I had these amps and we're finally getting around to closing the deal so to speak. The three I've had: Marantz 1515 Pioneer SA 7700 Pioneer SX 850 The SA 7700 I definitely want. The SX needs repairs and the Marantz I can live without. The SX sounds good for the few...
  20. E

Marantz Receiver 1515 - Need speaker recommendations

Hey All I mentioned in a thread sometime ago that I had some amps/recievers on loan. I kept the Pioneer SA 7700 and using it now and I'm likely going to try and fix the SX 850 eventually. The other receiver I had on loan was the Marantz 1515. I wasn't going to keep it but turns out I...
  21. E

Pioneer SX-850 Reciever - would these problems be a hassle to fix?

^^^ I'd definitely consider repairing it but at the moment I don;t own it. It's just on loan. I'll check with my friends Dad to see what he wants to do with it. If I;m lucky he'll just give it to me for free. Thanks again for all the advice guys. I might be back for some more if I get...
  22. E

Pioneer sx850 weird problem

Well this is weird. I was just about to post about a similar problem I'm having with my SX 850. Srinath, on mine the sound cuts out and when it does I can hear a click as it shuts off. All the other lights are on when it happens. It's only the audio that cuts out with a click. What...
  23. E

^^ Thanks. Never thought of that!
  24. E

How easy is easy re: noisy transistor fix. Yes I heard a "click" every time it cut out. How would you solve a problem like high DC? Eddie
  25. E

Hi All I'm currently auditioning a Pioneer SX-850. My friends Dad let me borrow it and if I like I can have it. No idea on price though as we never talked about it but it won't be much (i.e. most likely less than market value). But there are some problems with it. First both Phono 1...
Back
Top Bottom