Search results

1. stereofanboy

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Blue Oyster Cult "Agents of Fortune" on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  2. stereofanboy

Aragon Soundstage preamp...?

I had no interest in surround sound when I purchased mine. My purchasing decision was based on the similar appearance to my Aragon 2002 and that at such a high original retail I assumed it would sound great for music as well as surround. I was unimpressed. In less than a week, it was...
  3. stereofanboy

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I prefer a stick to an automatic, but the author's opinion on stick vs auto isn't what pissed me off. It's more the fact that he felt it necessary to insert snide comments deriding those who prefer a stick when those are the very people most likely to read his piece. It wouldn't be worth...
  4. stereofanboy

Global Warming insurance?

Isn't he the guy that wrote Fletch?
  5. stereofanboy

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I wish I hadn't read that piece. What a tool.
  6. stereofanboy

Has the USPS Lost Its Mind?

My experience also.
  7. stereofanboy

Want old school mid range system...could use some help.

Your two boom boxes probably did sound different from each other back in the '90s. Whatever the reason, (differing quality, setup, location, or source) those variables are gone and we won't be able to solve that mystery today. Your goals today of following individual parts in the music can be...
  8. stereofanboy

Global Warming insurance?

I was born in Pensacola and have spent all but a few years of my life here, within ten miles of the water. Ten or twelve of those years I lived about ten blocks from the water. Hurricane Ivan was during those ten years. The only water to come within 9 1/2 blocks of me came from the sky. My...
  9. stereofanboy

DQ-10 woofer rebuild vs. re-foam: is it worth the money?

I read all this only to discover you had nothing to add? Such a disappointment.
  10. stereofanboy

JBL L100(4311) vs pioneer hpm 100

When I had L100s and HPM100s at the same time I think I preferred the HPMs. It's been a while, I can't recall for sure.
  11. stereofanboy

Supertramp's "Classics" on Sony SS-K90EDs with an Infinity BU-120.
  12. stereofanboy

Al Green's "Greatest Hits" through Sony SS-K90EDs along with an Infinity BU-120 subwoofer I'm testing.
  13. stereofanboy

Happyhead's "Give Happyhead" disc on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  14. stereofanboy

Dilemma: stay vintage or go modern?

Many seem to see a binary choice between new and stuff from the silver-faced '70s/'80s. That's overlooking the latter half of the '80s, the '90s and the first 15-20 years of this century. Whether your main concern is sound quality, price, reliability, cosmetics, or style, there is plenty from...
  15. stereofanboy

Handel's "Music for the Royal Fireworks" on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  16. stereofanboy

Arkay Challenger

If you're going to challenge Arkay your post needs to be at least ten times longer.
  17. stereofanboy

re: New Posts & Post Thread ... UNCLICKED

Mine too. When I visit AK the first page I see is the forum list. I leave that page by clicking New Posts. That takes me to 20 pages of the threads with the most recent posts.
  18. stereofanboy

Speaker ID: Erka?

To get that price for speakers in that cosmetic condition, I'd think they would need to be widely known as great sounding.
  19. stereofanboy

Using existing avr for powering center channel only

Doing what you want may be possible with what you have. Pictures of the back of your units would help us to help you or at least make and model numbers as suggested by swechsler.
  20. stereofanboy

what im starting with

4 gauge? Wow!
  21. stereofanboy

Benny Goodman: Yale Archives Volumes 9 & 10 on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  22. stereofanboy

New vs Old in the real world (speaker edition)

The experience outlined here and countless others have me convinced that used speakers will nearly always represent a better value to dollar ratio for me. While I can appreciate the thrill that comes with opening factory fresh packaging, that feeling wears off quickly. Despite being far from...
Back
Top Bottom