Search results

1. stereofanboy

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Al Green's "Greatest Hits" through Sony SS-K90EDs along with an Infinity BU-120 subwoofer I'm testing.
  2. stereofanboy

Happyhead's "Give Happyhead" disc on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  3. stereofanboy

Dilemma: stay vintage or go modern?

Many seem to see a binary choice between new and stuff from the silver-faced '70s/'80s. That's overlooking the latter half of the '80s, the '90s and the first 15-20 years of this century. Whether your main concern is sound quality, price, reliability, cosmetics, or style, there is plenty from...
  4. stereofanboy

Handel's "Music for the Royal Fireworks" on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  5. stereofanboy

Arkay Challenger

If you're going to challenge Arkay your post needs to be at least ten times longer.
  6. stereofanboy

re: New Posts & Post Thread ... UNCLICKED

Mine too. When I visit AK the first page I see is the forum list. I leave that page by clicking New Posts. That takes me to 20 pages of the threads with the most recent posts.
  7. stereofanboy

Speaker ID: Erka?

To get that price for speakers in that cosmetic condition, I'd think they would need to be widely known as great sounding.
  8. stereofanboy

Using existing avr for powering center channel only

Doing what you want may be possible with what you have. Pictures of the back of your units would help us to help you or at least make and model numbers as suggested by swechsler.
  9. stereofanboy

what im starting with

4 gauge? Wow!
  10. stereofanboy

Benny Goodman: Yale Archives Volumes 9 & 10 on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  11. stereofanboy

New vs Old in the real world (speaker edition)

The experience outlined here and countless others have me convinced that used speakers will nearly always represent a better value to dollar ratio for me. While I can appreciate the thrill that comes with opening factory fresh packaging, that feeling wears off quickly. Despite being far from...
  12. stereofanboy

Cranberries "Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?" on Sony SS-K90EDs
  13. stereofanboy

Was Sound Design Ever good

Some of it was long lasting. I had a Soundesign all-in-one that I used as an alarm clock more than thirty years after it was new.
  14. stereofanboy

Yes' "Big Generator" on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  15. stereofanboy

Tripping Daisy's "I Am An Elastic Firecracker" on Sony SS-K90EDs.
  16. stereofanboy

Caffeine.

I was used to the smell of coffee way before I ever tasted it and still feel cheated to this day. I probably drink the equivalent of one cup every two years. I've never noticed caffeine affecting me but maybe I just don't get enough of it. Tea is a once every few months thing and Cokes maybe...
  17. stereofanboy

My backwards listening area

I've had more than one car with their only speakers mounted in the rear deck. I enjoyed listening to music while driving those cars.
  18. stereofanboy

"Harry Belafonte's Pure Gold" through Sony SS-K90EDs.
  19. stereofanboy

"The Best of Three Dog Night" through Sony SS-K90EDs.
  20. stereofanboy

New vs Old......I'm sold

My girl and I were walking a couple of blocks from my house about thirteen years ago and came across a 40" Sony LCD TV that had been set out for trash pickup. I carried it home (~100lbs!) and checked it for function. We gave our 27" Sony tube TV that we'd purchased new to her mother. We used...
  21. stereofanboy

Speaker hoarders are going to have the last laugh

Jinx, you owe me a Coke!
  22. stereofanboy

Speaker hoarders are going to have the last laugh

One man's trash is another man's treasure and it only takes one buyer to make a sale.
  23. stereofanboy

What tv show are you currently binging?

I just finished the episodes of "Resident Alien" on Netflix. I've always enjoyed a well done fish out of water premise and this one is pretty funny.
  24. stereofanboy

Good spacers for stacking gear?

I always heard that hockey pucks were good and even looked for them in the local sporting goods store. They didn't carry them, but I eventually (a few years later) found a box of about thirty for five bucks at a yard sale. Until that moment I always thought they were made of wood. They worked...
Back
Top Bottom