Search results

1. jwrauch

Macintosh 225 tube amp

Thanks guys. You've given me enough to get going. JOHN
  2. jwrauch

Macintosh 225 tube amp

I haven't been on here for some time as I've been busy with work and some other things. I recently came into possession of a rough Mac 225 that my oldest son had picked up. He was a scrapper and jack of all trades and passed away at 58, 3 months ago from heart disease brought on by a misspent...
  3. jwrauch

Alternate driver for EV Aristocrat

The Sp12B works very well in a bass reflex enclosure of around 5 cu Ft. I have EV literature with specs for them.
  4. jwrauch

Goodbye, Cruel World!

There's a company, Holy Smoke LLC that will use your ashes to make gunpowder and then make loaded ammo with from it. I'm thinking seriously of that when the time comes. JOHN
  5. jwrauch

What happened to the EV / Telex website

mhardy6647 helped me navigate it so I'm good now . JOHN
  6. jwrauch

What happened to the EV / Telex website

I used to find all kinds of info on the EV website for vintage speakers , drivers , and crossovers, as well as assorted electronics. I know Bosch bought them out. Does anyone know if the info is still there anywhere ? Thanks .
  7. jwrauch

Electro-Voice Patrician 700

I had one of the EV 18" styrofoam woofers from the EV Six in an 18 cu ft enclosure for a while. It's bass was incredible.
  8. jwrauch

6v6 Tube replacement

I've had good luck with the Russian 6V6 tubes. You can still get them reasonably on ebay.
  9. jwrauch

Electro Voice Esquire Restoration

Klipsch has mounted them horizontally for years. It really doesn't make a huge difference .
  10. jwrauch

I've gotten one dis-assembled and sanded . Looks like Baltic birch. Crossovers are recapped.
  11. jwrauch

Since these will be floor speakers I'll make new baffles to mount the tweeters at the top.
  12. jwrauch

I picked these up locally from an old musician/hi-fi nerd a while back and have been using them in a basement workshop system . They sound pretty good for what they are. I've noticed that the highs seem to come through better than on some of my other systems so I decided to restore them. The...
  13. jwrauch

Magnavox 175 Amp 175 fuse

Well I finished most of the mods and fired it up today. Brought it up slow on my variac using a Dynaco PAT4 Peamp and EV Wolverine 8 inch test speakers. Sounds pretty good so far with absolutely no hum. Waiting on coupling caps and will do a little more esthetic work on it. Need to decide what...
  14. jwrauch

Speakerlab Speaker ID

Great score !! JOHN
  15. jwrauch

Thanks, Gordon . That's what I was thinking.
  16. jwrauch

Haven't been here for a while. Getting back to the amp I got from Frannie. What rating fuse should I use in it. Its pretty much recapped and modified for stand alone use. Thanks, JOHN
  17. jwrauch

EV Sentry III LF Equalizer Construction

Sorry to hear that. JOHN
  18. jwrauch

Speakerlab Khorns

I'd say go for 'em . I've had a pair for probably 15 years. Upgraded the mids and tweeters with EV HR90s and ST350s. Also using an EV electronic crossover and bi-amp for low to mid and couldn't be happier with the sound.
  19. jwrauch

ANYONE RECOGNIZE THESE 15” beauty,s??

Electro voice for sure. LS15s I think.
  20. jwrauch

As promised Pics of the magnet Jig

Glad I never messed with photo suckit !!!
  21. jwrauch

My Flying Cats Are Destroying My Speakers - Can You (or God) Help Me?

Petsafe Scatmat electronic training mats would do it. You may need multiples.They have them at Chewy .com JOHN
  22. jwrauch

Electro voice Interface B iii woofer

You might contact GordonW , our local speaker fixer guru. JOHN
  23. jwrauch

Sounds great at high volume, lifeless at low volume

Its called the Fletcher-Munson loudness curve:the ear being more sensitive to midrange frequencies than bass and treble.
  24. jwrauch

SHE DIDNT KILL ME

My redhead wife of 50 years has also supported my audio addiction although I sometimes think she questions my sanity !!! Your wife has a beautiful smile and is obviously a blessing for you ! "It is hard to find a good wife because she is worth more than rubies."(Proverbs 31:10)
Back
Top Bottom