Search results

1. DaWoofer

Can you remember how and where you good hooked on true audio gear ..

When I was a teenager and plugged my Craig/Pioneer 8 track into my folks later 50s Voice of the Theater console record player and really heard a quality unit in my ears. P.S. I used to sleep in front of this console on the floor to enjoy its sounds.
  2. DaWoofer

Where to buy tuner string

I'm going to try the Dacron
  3. DaWoofer

Where to buy tuner string

Radiodaze
  4. DaWoofer

How did anyone afford gear in 70's-80's??

I have 2 SX-1980s. One was bought by an engineer and the other by a drug dealer. I happened to pick up my first decent equipment in the PX in Okinawa in later 1970s. I've been far and wide across this country and I must say that much of this equipment is rather RARE. We see it here and think...
  5. DaWoofer

2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 & 500

I hope it sounds better than what my lab top reproduced. Sounded like a baby Harley.
  6. DaWoofer

Best ELP trilogy??? Which one?

I should revisit them myself since its been 37years since I listened to Trilogy.
  7. DaWoofer

Bad News For Bassnutt

So sorry to hear of your families loss. Again, thanks for informing his AK family as he will be missed here as well.God bless to you and your family.
  8. DaWoofer

Vinyl only spin list

Me to, probably around 1976 for me
  9. DaWoofer

Speakerlab S7s Rebuild and Modding (Ribbon Tweeter Model)

Both in my opinion....the can rock out AND SOUND GREAT, and has rich deep tone at lower volumes..
  10. DaWoofer

Yet another Heath W5M rebuild

Does anyone know the date the W4 went into production?
  11. DaWoofer

A Mystery turntable for you to ID!!

Why is it in English?
  12. DaWoofer

Kenwood 9GX WPC?

Ive owned all the Eleven and the 9G units except the Super Eleven. The 9G IS 80 WPC.
  13. DaWoofer

KR-11000G, new to me but what's with that timer thang?

Turn it partially clockwise AND THEN TURN counter clockwise. Very important to do it this way or you can break it.
  14. DaWoofer

KR-11000G, new to me but what's with that timer thang?

Just lrsve it on reset anf the power switch works like any other unit
  15. DaWoofer

Kenwood 9GX WPC?

As I stated above
  16. DaWoofer

Good source for new tube boxes?

I have hundreds of used boxes that I dont know what to do with.
  17. DaWoofer

Kenwood 9GX WPC?

I believe 80 watts correct the 11G would be120 watts per channel.
  18. DaWoofer

Speakerlab S7s Rebuild and Modding (Ribbon Tweeter Model)

Congrats! Those are some fine looking speakers and knowing SpeakerLab those sound awesome as well. My next move with the 7 would be tweets like yours or T-350 as this is what I would have avaliable and a logical alternative. Enjoy those rare puppies, these things are getting hard to come...
  19. DaWoofer

Marantz 2230... I'm starting to believe the hype!

Nothing wrong with any of those units. Have you listened to an H/K 330b? About the same power as the 2230. Very smooth and rich. Theres many nice lower power units.
  20. DaWoofer

time for protection relay to kick in ?

If mine deviants from 8 sec. I'll need to have it rebuilt. Shame, but thats how up tight some people are. But truthfully, I'm not going to care if my second one turns on at 6 sec., but no less than 5!
  21. DaWoofer

Citation 22 Idle Adjustment...odd, not easy (long)

I was using the google selection and not Ak. Ill look at my not so good schematic to locate it. I thank you sir for this info. I read up a little more. Not likely to get to it till after the residence move in Jan. But will locate circuit and try to understand this topology. I never seen an amp...
  22. DaWoofer

time for protection relay to kick in ?

My 1980 has less than 25 hours on it after MarkTheFixer rebuilt around a running 1980. It use to be around 5. Now its 8 seconds always.
Back
Top Bottom