Search results

1. billinkansas

Fisher 100T MPX hookup

A big bedlated thank you to Larry and Dave! I am ok with the Calrad box for now. I may get adventurous and wire into the plug sometime, It is a great sounding unit, and the FM mono is so good that I often didn't miss stereo before I got the adaptor.
  2. billinkansas

Fisher 100T MPX hookup

So I finally got back home and snapped some pics. The adaptor works if I hook the outputs to the Aux input, but then that’s tied up. I could use a Calrad input selector I suppose. My question was about feeding the MPX output into the dummy socket somehow so I could use the FM MPX position on...
  3. billinkansas

Fisher 100T MPX hookup

Thanks Larry. I'll get some pics when I get back home in a couple of days.
  4. billinkansas

Fisher 100T MPX hookup

I have a 100T Coronet preceiver and a Pilot MPX adaptor. Unfortunately, my 100T is early production without the MPX input jacks. Is there a way to feed the MPX ‘ed signal to the dummy plug socket? I would have no idea what the pinout would be on the socket. Thanks in advance!
  5. billinkansas

Hello. I bought a SX-780 from you a while back. The FM is coming in and out - any chance you...

Hello. I bought a SX-780 from you a while back. The FM is coming in and out - any chance you could ave a look at it? Thanks! Bill in Lawrence 780-3480
  6. billinkansas

Hey Ron. I bought your Knight 15’s 3 years ago. My Fisher 500C blew a JJ output tube and...

Hey Ron. I bought your Knight 15’s 3 years ago. My Fisher 500C blew a JJ output tube and that may have done some damage. One of them has a crossover issue with very low output to the T35. Bypassed the pot-no change. Put on an 8K hz test tone straight to the T35 and it goes to full volume...
  7. billinkansas

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

Hey! Thanks for the post. There are indeed el cheapo gems to be had. I just did not expect a high end, high dollar component to be such a turd.
  8. billinkansas

Today's classical playlist

One of the absolute monuments of orchestration.
  9. billinkansas

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

Mayby not the worst, but certainly by far the most disappointing piece I've had was a Mac MR77 tuner, reworked 3 times by one of the more visible shops that has a banner here, who shall remain nameless (not Terry).. It sounnded great on crappy staions above about 97 mhz, but would absolutely...
  10. billinkansas

Hello.Interested in your 780 Pioneer. I am in Philly for another 2 weeks or so. Thanks, Bill...

Hello.Interested in your 780 Pioneer. I am in Philly for another 2 weeks or so. Thanks, Bill in Lawrence 785-760-3480
  11. billinkansas

Looking at a X-1000 tomorrow

In my listening test (several years ago now), there was no doubt about the superior refinement of the X1000. However, it has a lot more circuitry, and I think the simpler signal path of the 500C keeps the music fresher, if perhaps a bit less polished. I used to host Head Fi meets, and at one...
  12. billinkansas

That's a great rig you have - the Fisher Holy . Perhaps you have an exceptional X1000, and I have an exceptional 500C ?? My restored X-1000 sounded clear, warm and wonderful, - and certainly cleaner than the 500C. However, in the end it just did not have the open ambiance of the 500C - the...
  13. billinkansas

Here’s my X-1000 story from about 10 years ago: I had an X-1000 and a 500C, both updated by Terry DeWick and both in top shape. One day, I had the whole house to myself for a day and decided to have a “Clash of the Fisher Titans” with some good classical CD’s, mostly large orchestral with some...
  14. billinkansas

500C Power Tube Woes

Thanks, guys. It now seems to be pretty common knowledge the the JJ7591 tube tends to have issues. Ten years ago, they were newly released and hailed as fantastic because they were the only new issue tube that would fit the Fisher wooden case. I like the bullet analogy! Terry has...
  15. billinkansas

500C Power Tube Woes

Thanks, Larry. I took it out of service when I noticed the distortion. As much as I enjoy the sound of the 500C, I may just get it fixed and move it on out in favor of Mac separates that I have happened upon. That will be a rough day but I am getting tired of worrying about this stuff with it.
  16. billinkansas

500C Power Tube Woes

I have a near mint 500C that was restored by Terry DeWick about 10 years ago. It has sounded great until Christmas Eve last year when a JJ power tube blew out on the left side and shortly after another one on the right side. I am now using the two old remaining JJ's on one side and a new JJ...
  17. billinkansas

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

There were some mangled bones in the trunk that we did away with. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  18. billinkansas

New Mac Owner

Thanks. Terry did a great job with my Fisher 500C and X1000 amps.
  19. billinkansas

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

My new ride 1970 Cadillac Calais 49,000 miles Has been stored for 20 years - only rust is under the back window. Has a few electrical bugs and minor rodent damage but what a ride!
  20. billinkansas

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

1968 Chrysler 300 Just sold to a guy in Australia
  21. billinkansas

New Mac Owner

Ok thanks, guys. I will get my pieces restored. Is it recommended that the glass fronts be removed and not shipped with the unit? I hear of them breaking a lot.
  22. billinkansas

New Mac Owner

The guy with the MX113 said to restore my stuff. I think I will do that. Thanks!
  23. billinkansas

New Mac Owner

Hey gang. I used to post here - have been a quiet lurker for a while. Just bought my organ teacher's Mcintosh equipment that I remember loving so much back in the '70's. C26 preamp, MR73 tuner and MC2105 amp. Preamp is unusable due to pops and crackles, tuner and amp work but both need...
  24. billinkansas

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

My old cat Alvin (R.I.P.) who used to attend our Head-Fi meets.
Back
Top Bottom