Search results

1. asoundhound

Electro-Voice Wolverine LT-12

1) they would be considered 2-way or coaxial 2)they are low wattage, meant for tube amps 3) never seen any with a switch 4)very nice cabinets 5) the tweeter should be vertical 6) the cap is likely mounted inside the speaker frame, maybe a small mirror would enable you to see it. 7) very...
  2. asoundhound

Infinity Primus P163 vs. Yamaha 6490 vs. Used?

personally, i wouldn't you a buck for either one. find some nice vintage speakers.
  3. asoundhound

Frazier, KLH score!

the klh model 6 is a highly desirable find
  4. asoundhound

speaker impedance question

impedance varies with frequency. the 6 ohm or 8 ohm rating is a nominal rating. so both the manual and the label are correct, and neither is correct. confused? at certain frequencies, the impedance will be near 8 ohms. at some freqs, it may be more than 8 ohms. at other freqs, the impedance will...
  5. asoundhound

electro-voice evs-16b

i had a pair long ago. they are not a bad sounding speaker at all. they are not very efficient, the 15 wpc sansui receiver i had then struggled to push them. they definitely did not come with polypropelene woofers. the original woofer foams probably went, and the owner replaced them with...
  6. asoundhound

Best speakers for Pioneer SX-780

the 780 is rated at 45 wpc. look for some fairly efficient speakers. the advents will sound pretty good with it, but they really like around 100 watts.
  7. asoundhound

Kenwood KL-777D

well, it sounds like that one woofer is bad. you can find a replacement for it on that auction site, they are quite common. if there isn't one there now, there will be soon.
  8. asoundhound

Sonics or Not

you couldn't pay me $6.40 to haul them off for you.
  9. asoundhound

Mystery Speaker ID

they scream cheap
  10. asoundhound

McIntosh XR16 curbside find

love the woofer repair!
  11. asoundhound

Acoustic Research AR-2A question

congrats on your repair! enjoy!
  12. asoundhound

if you can't get a test tone, just play some music through them. you'll want enough volume that you can the woofers moving in and out, but not so much that the surrounds won't stay seated. the idea is that by energizing the voice coil, it will center itself.
  13. asoundhound

surrounds coming unglued is not an uncommon problem, but is easily repaired. just use aileen's tacky glue. to keep the cone centered while the glue dries, use a 30 hz test tone signal at low volume. lots of info on cleaning those pots here. rope caulk available at any hardware/building supply...
  14. asoundhound

Kenwood KA-801 Not working. Help me diagnose!

wow, talk about spaghetti surgery.... after seeing all the hack-job "repair" work that has been done to that unit, i'd have to seriously consider making it a parts unit. i'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear. however, if you want to try to repair it, it IS theoretically possible...
  15. asoundhound

Soundcraftsmen help needed.

i believe that is a stereo amplifier. i have the ma-5002, i have a couple of adapters 1/4" to rca. these are readily available at rat shack or elsewhere.
  16. asoundhound

What would you do?

i'll give it a third.
  17. asoundhound

Halt ! Identify ! ( some speakers )

+1 i believe those were part of a system that included a color organ. looked pretty cool, sounded like azz. i knew a guy that had one of those when i was a teen. would have been late 70's?
  18. asoundhound

hang tough. that's a really nice amp if you can get it working again.
  19. asoundhound

What do you do when your crossovers die?

never solder with no pants. i would definitely check the level control pots.
  20. asoundhound

Bose 401 Direct Reflecting?

a buddy of mine has two pairs of those 401's. he loves them. i think he's nuts.
  21. asoundhound

yup. that is a repair.
  22. asoundhound

to check the power supply voltages, you will first need a service manual. the manual will provide you with a list of test points, a diagram to show you where they are, and the proper voltages at each of these points. you will need a voltmeter for this. the negative probe will connect to chassis...
  23. asoundhound

Advice needed, replacing Technics CD player in hifi stack

welcome to AK! yes, virtually any cd player that has standard rca output jacks will work with your neighbor's stereo. it need not even be technics.
  24. asoundhound

I'm lovin the stack

them's fightin' words :boxing:
  25. asoundhound

Double Double Advents

i would think that driving 8 advents with one power amp (the 9090) would be putting considerable strain on the amp. now, if instead of using one 9090 for a preamp and the other for a power amp, you could connect 4 speakers to each receiver using the tape loop. still presenting a 4 ohm load to...
Back
Top Bottom