Search results

1. kwingylee

C11 Face Plate relettering by Radiodaze

Hi, thanks. The Glass on my C11 is fine. I am looking recommendation on how to take it all apart with out damage. I assume the knobs come out first?
  2. kwingylee

C11 Face Plate relettering by Radiodaze

I have a C11 where much of the lettering on the metal piece of the front panel has worn off. Before I start a rebuild, I want to send the faceplate to RADIODAZE for their re-lettering service (McIntosh C-11 Metal Faceplate Re-Lettering (FP-MC-C11)). Has anyone used them for this? What is the...
  3. kwingylee

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Thanks for hosting Bob. What a party. I thoroughly enjoyed my two hours there. Great to see everyone after missing out last year. I promise I won't mooch next time. I love your listening rooms.
  4. kwingylee

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Thanks for hosting Robie. I plan to be there but can only stay for a few hours.
  5. kwingylee

KEF 105/3 Tweeter Ferrofluid Replacement - NT25 SP1240

Is there someone we can send the entire driver to and get this done?
  6. kwingylee

Looking for opinions on the JBL 2409H compression driver

Hi Moray, a belated happy New Year. No I did not pull the trigger on the JBLs. The mounting holes does not fit my horns. Meanwhile, I am very happy with the ESS AMT tweeters that I have been using for more than 10 years now. I did look into other drivers from B&C, Radian etc., but have yet pull...
  7. kwingylee

Infinity Kappa 6.1 damaged midrange

I will try to check them out this Saturday....
  8. kwingylee

There is a set of 7.1 for sale locally for $300 with good drivers.
  9. kwingylee

Well that explains a lot and it looks like I need two midrange drivers and not just one. I was wondering why they looked so different from the 6.1 images online. Now I know why I got them for nothing...:(
  10. kwingylee

Thank you very much, I will look into it. As I mentioned early this is a bass heavy speaker that is really not my cup of tea. Perhaps I should just part them out?
  11. kwingylee

Guys I was given a set of Kappa 6.1 but in the process of tightening down the drivers my Allen wrench damaged the foam in one of the midrange drivers. Is it possible to refoam these or am I SOL. Incident I have been listening to these and find them to be bass heavy - unlike the RS series (ex...
  12. kwingylee

WTLC original woofers redoped

Guys thanks for the great info. The WTLC project is currently on hold pending the Walsh tweeter repairs. The original owner have just gifted them to me. They are mine now. I will be ordering refoam kits for them as soon as I get the tweeters back. I also noticed the cabinet veneers have...
  13. kwingylee

B&W 802 Matrix Series 2 Speakers.

Those look like Target Stands. I have the 801 MATRIX series 3, I concurred that they sounded MUCH MUCH better once they have been bolted onto the stands. So much so that I bought my own from ebay after borrowing a friend's. The improvements in the bass and imaging is well worth the cost.
  14. kwingylee

Step Up Transformer with mm cartridge

Of course but even with that, the music still sounded anemic. The solution, after contacting Symphonic Line's Rolf Gemein, was to throw the switch in the back from MM to MC. The noise level rose significantly but I am good now.
  15. kwingylee

Thanks dude I think you may have cross-posted here.
  16. kwingylee

I used different amps and speakers with the same results. The analog plays loud but no where near the same level as the DAC. The analog performance is the main reason I bought this preamp. I don't want to add any inline components to degrade the sound. Sounds like a new higher output MM...
  17. kwingylee

I stand corrected and it is indeed DIE ERLEUCHTUNG. No I have not tried to contact Mr. Gemein but will do so soon.
  18. kwingylee

Hi, thank you for the response. The preamp is a Symphonic Line Der Erleuchtung. It is fully tube. The preamp section gain is too low and I would like the ability to play louder. My next step is to replace the phono tubes.
  19. kwingylee

Guys: I have been using a Clearaudio virtuoso wood cartridge that has been rebuilt by Soundsmith for many years. This is a mm cartridge with the following specs: Description: Moving-magnet phono cartridge. Stylus profile: Not specified. Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz. Output voltage (1kHz, 5cm/s)...
  20. kwingylee

Dayton B652 Air - begging for mods

For the current models of this, are both drivers 4 ohms?
  21. kwingylee

WTLC original woofers redoped

I recently was given a set of WTLC that have all original woofers that required refoaming. In the process of removing the old form using rubbing alcohol, I may have removed some of the old dope around the edges. Also on the front drivers, some of the original dope appears to have faded out. Has...
  22. kwingylee

Infinity RS-II restoration project advice sought

Hey guys I know its been awhile. I recently ran into the situation where I need to refoam the 902-2279 with the bullet center. It turns out my previous recommendations of using the foam from Midwest Speaker only applies to 902-2279s with the black dust cap. The 10" woofer with the bullet center...
  23. kwingylee

Technics SB-L200 linear phase speaker schematics

There are quite a few post on the Technics SB-L200 linear phase speakers. I recently picked up a pair and have been listening to them in the past few days. They image spectacularly and can sound excellent when equalized. Out of curiosity I pulled the crossovers and determined the schematics...
Back
Top Bottom