Search results

1. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

VINYL IS NICE!!! However, a better, higher spec phono preamp was just found by myself...my tax return is currently 'pending' in my checking account...hmm...
  2. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

Hola! My new-old-stock Realistic preamp arrived. Plastic sounds pretty! Wow, I love it, even though I'm forced to get off my tail and physically turn records over to hear an entire album (how analog...). Typing of which, it's time to switch to classical, most likely Mozart.
  3. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

Of course I'll keep AK updated on how my vinyl journey goes. Based on the eBay listing's pics this preamp may be new, as in unused! We'll see...
  4. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

goodolpg that IS the one I bought!
  5. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

I bought it. ~$45, so I'm very happy that my wife will assume I'm off my meds buying old Radio Shack parts! I hope the model # is a 'new,' heavy, Class A, low-noise, hi-fi treasure for me.
  6. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

Current eBay auction: Realistic Stereo Preamplifier Model 42-2109 Made in Japan With Box & Manual It's cheap and looks BRAND NEW! Is it a good choice for me?
  7. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

Well, shoot. I missed it! EBay is now directing me to identical auctions, so I'll get my rear in gear and arrive at hi-end audio vinyl assp.
  8. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

You grabbed my attention with pure Class-A. I owned/loved the three Class-A Marantz amplifiers I used before the eighty-mile-per-hour blow to my noggin ten years ago. My ridiculously good hearing is no more, but I've healed enough to be picky again! Realistic phono preamps would've been items...
  9. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

I really appreciate all the replies! Today is payday, therefore, time to shop.
  10. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

Thanks for the replies! My receiver is a YAMAHA RX-V665 Turntable: Garrard GT 120apS Streaming Blu-ray: SONY BDP-BX58 Main L/R speakers: polk DYNAMIC BALANCE R-40 (I believe)
  11. "ItsTooLoud"

I need a phono preamp

Friends! I bought my first turntable recently. I've had an important-to-me record over ten years that I've never heard. Since I bought my $5.00 British turntable I've found several more local thrift that I believe I'll enjoy! Neither receiver in my home speaks vinyl. I think I need a phono...
  12. "ItsTooLoud"

Anyone here ever buy at shopgoodwill?

While living in Round Rock (on top of Austin, TX) I shopped the local GoodWill store as often as possible! It was as large as a Super WalMart. One day I was quickly walking through it and almost knocked over a waist high stack of records. ON TOP OF THE STACK was a 'Light Force' record. One of...
  13. "ItsTooLoud"

What was the last movie you watched?

Just sat in front of 'The Santa Clause' while poking around ak for the first time in years. Holy Crap, it was TERRIBLE!!!
  14. "ItsTooLoud"

What TT's do you folks have

Hello, 'friends'! I haven't been on ak in a while. My current living-room system uses a YAMAHA RX-V665 7.2 channel receiver. I was very happy to recently come across a Garrard GT120ap turntable in a local Cedar City, UT thrift store to play the ONE record I feel very blessed to have found on...
  15. "ItsTooLoud"

Infinity Home Subwoofer

Hey, pals! I recently bought a silver 12” Infinity home subwoofer in its ported factory box. What’s it worth?
  16. "ItsTooLoud"

Technics SB-E200 Speakers

Oh, I won’t let go of them!
  17. "ItsTooLoud"

I had a GREAT new home built, and the living-room home-theatre system sounds great! I'm relieved to be able to separate the mains by a few more feet. A new friend thought that my new living room would look better with MUCH smaller, more modern speakers. I respectfully disagree, and my...
  18. "ItsTooLoud"

Utah AK Meet?

I've been down in Enoch (tiny rural town on top of Cedar City) for about four years. I LOVE my systems, and don't plan on doing anything different with them anytime soon. I know of no other audiophiles around here, and recently became very fortunate finding a co-worker who was selling A-LOT!
  19. "ItsTooLoud"

Here they are! As you can see, my eleven year old son also enjoys them.
  20. "ItsTooLoud"

After I helped her family out when they badly needed it, she decided that I'm trustworthy, and let me take them home! They are large, to me, and barely fit in my mid-sized sedan. The home-made speaker stands went in my trunk. These are the best speakers I've ever owned! AMAZING!!! I awoke...
  21. "ItsTooLoud"

Prayers needed please.

You all have my prayers.
  22. "ItsTooLoud"

Happy Birthday to Coytee!

Haaappy Birthday!!! Bible Verse: 2 Tim 4:5 "But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.”
  23. "ItsTooLoud"

Happy Birthday to SpeakerLabFan!

Happy birthday, SpeakerLabFan!
  24. "ItsTooLoud"

Hello, co-listeners. I'll be making another payment very soon. I'm thinking about asking to take them home before they're completely paid for (I'm a disabled audiophile). I think that she'll be fine with that. If she's not, I'll just need to wait a bit longer while I chomp at the bit.
  25. "ItsTooLoud"

I have less than $200 left on my payment plan. YES!!! Yes, they're very difficult to find. I was made aware of them by a co-worker whose aunt owned them. They sound SO great!
Back
Top Bottom