Search results

1. relaximus

Full Sized Trucks--When Will The "Size War" End?

It may not be to everyone's taste and yes I've heard all the bad jokes about the Jaguar X Type, but our '06 Estate (wagon) is AWD (useful in New England winters) and has plenty of space for hauling things. Dave
  2. relaximus

What do you drive? Truck, car, or van

'05 Jaguar Super V8 '03 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0L
  3. relaximus

KLH Owners...5 or 6?

The 5's were my favorite of KLH's dynamic speakers before I got a set of 12's. And I agree that the 23's are the best of their 2-way offerings. I've owned 5's, 6's, 12's, 17's, 20's, 23's and 33's. Dave
  4. relaximus

Differences between Polk 7A and 7B

Hmm, my 7Bs (w/ Peerless Tweeters) have cabinet-mounted badges.
  5. relaximus

Experiences with air suspension > coil spring conversions

I have been in the same situation with my '05 Jaguar Super V8. OEM air struts are $1K+ each, so I looked into Arnott coilovers as well. However, I found remanufactured air struts at RebuildMasterTech.com for $525/pair. I also found a rebuild kit on eBay for the compressor.
  6. relaximus

3m tape question.

3M makes an adhesive remover.
  7. relaximus

Shopping for a New SUV

My neighbor just bought a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T and I must say I am very impressed by it. The build quality, fit and finish are right up there with the likes of Honda and Toyota. And the warranty offered by Hyundai can't be beat.
  8. relaximus

Looking for smallish powered speaker with SPDIF input with volume control

The Behringer MS40 fits your specs, but they are only sold in pairs.
  9. relaximus

Vintage European Classic & Sports Cars, GTs

A friend of mine had one of those back in the 80s, we'd trade cars occasionally on weekends (I had a grey-market 745i). That Citroën was supremely comfortable and the suspension was pure voodoo/black magic. The other things I remember most about it were the odd single-spoke steering wheel and...
  10. relaximus

You're Never Too Old For Legos. Saturn V.

Your patience and camera skills are far superior to mine! My youngest son gave me the same kit for Father's Day. I spent the following weekend putting it together, making many mistakes along the way. All in, including several partial disassembly/re-assembly sessions, I had about 8 or so hours...
  11. relaximus

Worth of Dual 714Q turntable?

As you can tell from the pic of my 728Q, torque is not an issue with both a weight and "dust-bug" like appliance affixed. Does it lock into speed within 1/4 of a revolution? Nope. But I've had no issues with it other than having to replace the (notoriously) bad interconnects. That and an Ortofon...
  12. relaximus

Worth of Dual 714Q turntable?

I've had several Duals over the years; 1019, 1216, 1228, 1229Q, 721 and 728Q. Of those, only the 721 and CS 728Q remain. This is the my 728Q and I'm certain that I wouldn't sell it for anything even close to $200. The 721 will be left to one of my kids.
  13. relaximus

Any Radio Museum Members?

I'm a member and have been for many years. I had inquired to the owner as to how to upload pictures of my consoles (several dozen pics) and schematics. He answered my email within a couple of days and offered me a membership in exchange for my uploads. Seemed a decent enough guy, but there was...
  14. relaximus

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

Low rider drives a little slower Low rider is a real goer Low rider knows every street, yeah Low rider is the one to meet, yeah Low rider don't use no gas now Low rider don't drive too fast
  15. relaximus

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Different platform. The Mirada was based on ChryCo's first "J" platform (RWD) which also underpinned the Cordoba and Imperial of the early 80s. There was a later "J" platform that arrived ~'87 that was a derivation of the earlier "K" platform (FWD) used for the LeBaron Coupe/Convertible and its...
  16. relaximus

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Wasn't that a Dodge Mirada?
  17. relaximus

managed to crash my car today

That generation of Mondeo was sold as the Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique here in North America.
  18. relaximus

Air cooled Volkswagen appreciation thread

And, beginning in '73, had a curved windshield.
  19. relaximus

Car Key Question

The key is energized by an electro-magnetic field (RF) produced by an induction coil around the ignition switch. The chip in the key is an EEPROM. Dave
  20. relaximus

Quality outdoor speaker

I have a deck sized similarly to yours and run a pair of Definitive Technology AW6500s and have been extremely pleased. https://www.definitivetechnology.com/products/aw6500
  21. relaximus

Wharfedale W70's sounding very harsh

They look similar to mine which were manufactured in 1966. Yours appear to have a more elaborate enclosure for the tweeter, whereas mine in just a plywood box. Also, the port in yours looks to be slightly longer.
  22. relaximus

Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

Wish mine had the optional tuner!
  23. relaximus

Why would the alternator click off and on every few seconds?

Might also want to have the battery checked. Just because it's only ~2 years-old doesn't really mean much. It could have a cell on its way out.
  24. relaximus

Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

That uses the same amp/preamp as my SK44BW. I have the schematics from RadioMuseum.org if you'd like them. Just drop me a PM with an email address and I'll shoot them to you.
Back
Top Bottom