Search results

1. bsujeep

Happy Birthday bsujeep!

Thanks everyone, I appreciated the thoughts!
  2. bsujeep

Oven baked bacon. Am I the last to know about this??!!

BBQ for me with an old cast aluminum electric griddle top scavenged from the trash years ago. I usually follow up with french toast and eggs cooked in the bacon grease on a Sunday morning after church. One spiritual experience followed by another.
  3. bsujeep

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

Kliewer speakers filled with Stephens Trusonic woofers and Jensen horn tweeters as detailed in this thread. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kliewer-speakers-with-trusonic-woofers-info.250742/#post-3028603
  4. bsujeep

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

May 2, 2008
  5. bsujeep

Score of my lifetime

Fantastic haul! High Five
  6. bsujeep

Klipsch, love em or hate em?

I find it quite hilarious how adamant some of the klipsch haters are and how determined they are to make sure everyone knows they hate them and for all their personal reasons. I do not doubt your hate, nor your reasons, so don't take this the wrong way as I am sure you are fully justified. I...
  7. bsujeep

Spotify HiFi is a lossless streaming tier coming later in 2021

Amazon Music now has a single person unlimited device for 7.99 and a single device for 3.99 that includes Hi Rez and 70 million tracks. Spotify is more than that for 320, be curious how this all falls out. I use spotify free to find new music and then add that to my Amazon Music account.
  8. bsujeep

Klipsch, love em or hate em?

Klipsch ish fan here. I have a set of Forte I's in my classroom that I love and following the idea of a Cornscala built my own "TruHorn" with the top of a Khorn (given to me by a friend) and direct radiating Stephen Trusonic 150w's and very modified crossovers in separate bins. I may be...
  9. bsujeep

Hello from Russia.

Welcome to AK!
  10. bsujeep

Dynaco MkIII restoration - join the ride

Well done! I am in the middle of a similar resto, I am just looking for a second chassis have everything else including the new power supply boards stuffed. Have the bells off to send them to be powder coated, but may be a month or so. Yours has me getting excited!
  11. bsujeep

Recommendations for male RCA plugs for DIY cables

Another for the Amphenols. I always go for those with split center (positive) as I have some equipment with odd sized rca's and they allow for some adjustment in that regard.
  12. bsujeep

A praise for the ultra low mass arm and high compliance cart of the past

Black widow MK 2 here with a V15III and Jico SAS on a Kenwood KD600, tracks beautifully and sounds just as good! It has the dampening trough on it and I have never moved the paddle up to see how it does without it, just too delicate and I don't care that much :music:. Also the only cartridge I...
  13. bsujeep

The 3020 lives!

a MONSTER congratulations, gotta love those big beasts. I will never part with my 2040
  14. bsujeep

Birmingham, England

Welcome, love some old Technics :thumbsup:
  15. bsujeep

Time Machine

Love it, especially the shelf! Always had a soft spot for Technics, got an SA-500A (dark face) in my office system. Ah cassette brings back memories. Great first post!
  16. bsujeep

Happy Birthday avionic!

Happy Birthday!
  17. bsujeep

What Speaker this crossover from?

Klipsch RB-3
  18. bsujeep

SME dashpot exchange (cueing question)

There is a tone arm tube on ebay with the wings, it is in Russia though :dunno:
  19. bsujeep

Klipsch Fives

I have no experience, but here is a thread in the Klipsch Forum that might help. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-klipsch-fives.941119/
  20. bsujeep

Dual Owners Thread

AFAIK it was a purely cosmetic redesign to make it look more like the original 1009 even though it is a different beast. The 1009SK/2 versions were the same as the European 1016
  21. bsujeep

Dual Owners Thread

My first Dual was a 521 that taught me many of the intricacies of Dual ownership. I still have it and give it a spin every so often to make sure it still works. I later acquired a rim drive (low end can't remember which) with broken tonearm that foiled all my attempts at resurrection. My...
  22. bsujeep

Looking to purchase a new turntable. Have found a few options. Suggestions wanted!

No experience with the rega or revolver, but I have had the other two and I would take the Kenny over the Technics with no cartridge, I think the vm530en has better options as far as stylus is concerned so that pushed even more in favor of the Kenny.
  23. bsujeep

Dynaco MkIII restoration - join the ride

:lurk: Plan on starting mine in a couple of months or so, I will be following along
  24. bsujeep

A New Old Guy... or, An Old New Guy

Welcome and beautiful setup you have.
Back
Top Bottom