Search results

1. NYListens

Help with my new Android

I have two pairs of sennheisers, one being HD 600 which I’m looking forward to trying with it. I appreciate the input everyone.
  2. NYListens

Help with my new Android

I appreciate the feedback, actually planning on going to the library and taking out CDs to load up my phone. I have streaming services, but I drive a lot and don’t always have good reception for them. I also like the control of playing what I want. Thank you on the FLAC suggestion. Any...
  3. NYListens

Help with my new Android

Switching from Apple to Android, I have a LG V20 and want to load it up with music. I have both Windows and Linux based computer systems. I am used to Iphone/Itunes and loss less and haven’t a clue what software or file format to use for the best audio quality. Any suggestions?
  4. NYListens

Wow, been off here for a few years, my condolences to your family and friends. Always enjoyed...

Wow, been off here for a few years, my condolences to your family and friends. Always enjoyed your contributions and answers to my questions. Rest in Audio Karma!
  5. NYListens

Got a car audio speaker question about crossovers.

Thank you guys, I bought a sealed three way pre-made crossover and will run mids and highs to the 4" speakers. Will let you know how it goes.
  6. NYListens

Got a car audio speaker question about crossovers.

I am going to wire up a car stereo. I have woofer speakers in my doors that I plan on using and I have space for a four inch speaker in the dash. I'm thinking of just sending midrange and high frequencies to the 4" and cutting out the lower frequencies with a crossover and sending the low...
  7. NYListens

Signal Path Through Tubes Oscilloscope Analysis

Oh, and the volume knob has no impact
  8. NYListens

And now look at this. It is the inputed signal from the rca jack with the 10x setting on the probes. Second pic is with the 1x switched on the probe. If you noticed, I even had to dial back the volts/cm seitch from .01 to .2. This suggests to me that the path to the pre-amp is clamping down...
  9. NYListens

When I turn it all the way to the right, the signal only scrolls across the screen faster. Look at these pictures, they are in the 12ax7 with the 1x and the 10x setting on the probes.
  10. NYListens

On pins 2 and 7, It looks as if I'm getting a square wave with a sign wave rolling through it.
  11. NYListens

The 5x made the pic a little bigger. Nothing else made a difference. With this scope, I'm getting clean sine waves on pins 1 and 6 of v2 and v102.
  12. NYListens

I have it at the lowest setting, using 10x setting on the probes makes it tiny. It's a perfectly good sine wave signal in both channels at that point. So the issue lies somewhere after that. More digging this weekend.
  13. NYListens

I started looking with another scope. I think the scope had issues. This is pin 6 of v2 and v102-a. The signal looks pretty clean on both.
  14. NYListens

Post #52, using 8ohm 20 watt resistors on speaker terminals. I'll play around with it tomorrow, should I be checking voltages somewhere?
  15. NYListens

Scope probes were set at 1x, got no reading on 10x. This is pin 7 v2 and v102 with and without sine wave input. The channels on the scope sometimes wander off screen, so it's quite possible the left channel (problem channel) has been on the top and bottom.
  16. NYListens

So I'm measuring the probe's resistance trying to figure out if they are 10 x1 and lo and behold I notice a switch 1x to 10x, been using the 1x. Don't I feel like an idiot?
  17. NYListens

The scope probe issue was addressed earlier in the thread. I appreciate your concern. However, I really do not want my posts with scope pictures burried in the thread because of continued discussion about them.
  18. NYListens

I appreciate the input. That said, there are clear differences between the two channels displayed, as well as in the different points I took readings from, so I think that would rule out erroneous readings from a load. As I stated earier, I do not know what kind of probes they are. I bought...
  19. NYListens

It's not, this was covered earlier in the thread, but do appreciate the input.
  20. NYListens

Ok, been doing a little more digging and found this interesting. Here are two scope readings from pin 2 of of v3 and v103 (6U8 phase inverters). One is with the sign wave signal being fed into the receiver with the power off and the other is with it on.
  21. NYListens

1st pic is speaker output no signal, second pic is speaker output with sine wave input, third pic is signal at rca input (extra) and then last is at pin 2 of pre-amp 12ax7. Hope you can read the scope settings.
  22. NYListens

Anyone want to play where's Waldo?

duplicate
  23. NYListens

Inherited Tube Amp

Made me smile seeing all that vintage pc stuff. My college had IBM PC XTs. Without word perfect running on them, I wouldn't have gotten through.
  24. NYListens

I probably won't be able to look at this until next week after the Independence Day holiday. That said, the buzz is most definitely an internal issue. I have replaced a ton of components and while I have never had issues doing this in the past, as I think I have decent soldering skills, it's...
  25. NYListens

Yes, I appreciate the help. I am learning a ton. Past receivers I worked on, I replaced the caps and they worked like a charm andnsounded amazing. All were Fisher, except a couple of shortwave halicrafters radios. I am working on a Akai M8 and a Drake TR3 ham transeiver now too. I love this...
Back
Top Bottom