Search results

1. R

Is The C220 a newer C2200?

I sold my C2200 for an awesome deal on a C2300. I did not feel that going from a C2200 to a C2300 was an upgrade aside from having a newer model. The C2300 was sold after one week of ownership and I am now in the market for a C500.
  2. R

Interesting MC75 on the 'Bay

I agree, he has some great overpriced stuff! :)
  3. R

Power Conditioners

I'm a fan of the Exactpower EP15A. It's a great unit.
  4. R

MCD301 vs. MCD500: to upgrade or not to upgrade - this is the q...

For $2.5K, you can have one of the better sounding single box CDP/DAC in the MCD500. Or for $1K, assumed for a quality DAC, you would have a great CD and DAC combo in the MCD301+Benchmark.....until the urge to have the MCD500 becomes too overwhelming and you ultimately cave in. :) I would go...
  5. R

Need a 20amp breaker with surge protection!!

Something like this?....... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_681SOLOIST/PS-Audio-Soloist.html?tp=568
  6. R

Anyone here using a single 275 with McIntosh speakers?

They sound absolutely beautiful..... Bass is controlled, midrange and highs are silky smooth.
  7. R

Anyone here using a single 275 with McIntosh speakers?

Had a single MC275 powering XR-19 speakers before the second MC275 was purchased. It handled the speakers quite until the volume went above 40% or so, on my C2200. After that the woofers seemed somewhat uncontrolled.
  8. R

MC275 vs MC75 x 2 ?

If you are looking at the 60th Anniversary MC-75's there is probably very little difference in sound compared with the MC275. Keep in mind, with an MC275, you have one foot in the door if you ever decide on having a pair of mono MC275s.
  9. R

Post Christmas McIntosh Gifts

Great prices.
  10. R

2008 in review

Finally owning my own McIntosh System. 1. Purchased 2 MC275's, initially planned on one. 2. Purchased a C220, ultimately ended up with a C2200. 3. Caught a severe case of the flu that ravages this place. 4. Finally enjoyed music the way it was meant to be.
  11. R

Crossover upgrade on vintage McIntosh Speakers

Thanks for the advice guys. Klipsch Heritage speakers benefit so much from a crossover upgrade so I assumed the same could be said for the older McIntosh speakers....maybe this isn't so. Hmm.....
  12. R

Crossover upgrade on vintage McIntosh Speakers

Has anyone ever performed a crossover upgrade or update on your vintage McIntosh speakers? I have a pair of XR-19's that are over 25 years old and was thinking that it might be a good time to update/replace the crossover's electronic components. Anyone ever do this on your vintage McSpeaker...
  13. R

C220 & headphones

I second this recommendation.:music:
  14. R

Speakers for MC-275?

If you can find a pair of Klipsch Klipschorns they would pair great with the MC275. Tube power combined with the Klipsch Heritage Line speakers are a winning combination!
  15. R

Jubilee's and McIntosh

Jubilees are a rare breed. You should try the Klipsch forum.
  16. R

MCD500 Digital Inputs

I'd like to hear this answer too.....
  17. R

Hello to all!

Thanks. The speakers are McIntosh XR-19's. They are a little on the older side but, they sound wonderful with the MC275s in mono.:music:
  18. R

Hello to all!

Thanks to everyone....the system is a work in progress. The MCD500 is definitely being looked at. Anyone using Sonus Fabers with MC275s? How do you like it? cisco: I waited for almost 2 months to receive the C220. One month into it, I could not wait any longer so the wife gave me the go...
  19. R

Hello to all!

I'm fairly new to AK and might be one of the younger, less experienced members here so I'll apologize in advance. The one thing I do know is that McIntosh makes a great product.:yes: and I look forward to learning from a group of very knowledgeable members. This is the little corner that...
  20. R

Mcintosh MA230 value?

The tubes alone are worth at least $200 or so. I sold one recently, in worse shape then yours, for $450. If you plan on selling the MA230, I would replace the tubes with less coveted tubes and sell the tubes separately.
  21. R

C2200 Dead Display for Input Readout

Did you try the master reset?
  22. R

McIntosh UR12 Remote Control Owners

I recently purchased a UR12 remote without the cable to connect it to the computer. I have some blank pages on the remote and would like to fill those pages in. Unfortunately, I can't because I don't have the cable. Anyone know where I can find one? I know I am new here, but I am...
  23. R

Moving XR-19's

Hey Pete, The only time I've had to move my XR-19's I laid them on their backs in the bed of a pick-up truck. I believe that is the only way to go since they would be so much more stable on their backs for the long trip...I don't think there would be an adverse effects by doing this.
Back
Top Bottom