Search results

1. bpape

Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

Any word yet on exhibitor rates for demo rooms? Bryan
  2. bpape

Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Just paid up. Bryan
  3. bpape

Fest 2010 local Restaurants

If you're into a nicer sports bar with decent food, there is a Champps in front of the AMC cinema on Haggerty between 7 mile and 8 mile. Opposite side of Haggerty from the Sheraton. Bryan
  4. bpape

Anyone at the Hotel yet for the fest?

That was Fritz in the white truck with the sport coat on. See you this afternoon. Bryan
  5. bpape

Anyone at the Hotel yet for the fest?

Fritz and I are here. Bryan
  6. bpape

St. Louis Spring Fever gathering... March 28

You said you need a CD player. Interested in a modded SB3 and PC audio setup to see how far that has come? I think you'd be very surprised. Bryan
  7. bpape

AMD 12 Core

They must be trying to horn in on Intel's foothold in the server market. Even with dedicated software, I'd think the general user community would have more than enough threading available with a quad core. Bryan
  8. bpape

Beatles - Revolver

Always one of my faves from the boys. Great listen pretty much any time. Bryan
  9. bpape

I'm being foreclosed!

Some states are starting to step in and stop this kind of thing from happening. I'd call your state attorney general and see what's up.
  10. bpape

squeezebox and vintage gear - any opinions?

An external DAC can certainly provide a nice improvement. The first thing to do though is ditch the little switching wall-wart power supply. You can pick up a linear power supply from a variety of sources for < $50 and put the right connector on it. Makes a huge difference in the sound...
  11. bpape

It's Not You, It's Me...Bands People Love, But You Don't

+1 on Journey Bryan
  12. bpape

Furman, PS Audio or BPT

Absolutely. Chris Hough is a great guy and will be straight with you. Bryan
  13. bpape

Paradigm Studio 100 v2

Can't say on the price. I'm not up on the used market value of the Paradigms. From a purely performance standpoint, if you've got the electronics, the Paradigms IMO are superior to the Axioms. Bryan
  14. bpape

Paradigm Studio 100 v2

Studio 100 v2's can put out some sweeet sound for sure. They're one of those speakers that will work pretty well with pretty much anything but sound better and better as you put better equipment in front of them. Bryan
  15. bpape

St. Louis gathering - Saturday, Oct. 18

Wish I could make it but I'll be out of town visiting my Mom. Hopefully, I can make it next time. Bryan
  16. bpape

DIY room treatment panels?

Agreed. And don't overdo thin panels. The idea is to have a balanced scheme that deals with the entire frequency spectrum - not just the upper mids and higher like thin foam, carpet, curtains, etc. do. Bryan
  17. bpape

DIY room treatment panels?

OPEN cell foam will work fine given enough thickness to compensate for the lack of density. Closed cell foam won't work. Cheaper than fiberglass and still excellent acoustical properties - mineral wool/rockwool is the way to go. Bryan
  18. bpape

What are your favorite bookshelf speakers/mini monitors

Not vintage but still amazing bookshelf/monitor size speakers ACI Sapphire XL's Totem Mani II's Bryan
  19. bpape

Hello from St. Louis!

Hi Larry I'm out in Wildwood. Good to have you here. Bryan
  20. bpape

Rocky Mountain audio fest

Very definitely come out. It's a GREAT show. A nice mix of big names and smaller higher end manufacturers but not stuffy like CES. This IS a consumer show. Bring your own music and enjoy. I'll be displaying in 2 different rooms and we're treating 3 others. We're in 1022 and 1024 of the...
  21. bpape

Acoustic foam corner source found locally

Actually, there is quite a bit of difference in for instance the foam by mail and the Auralex. Just because they MAY be made in the same plant, doesn't mean it's the same formula, density, fire retardants, etc. Buy what you want - I'm just trying to give you a heads up. A lot of the foam they...
  22. bpape

Acoustic foam corner source found locally

Just a friendly warning. Those guys have been caught more than once putting up false numbers, stealing other people's test reports, etc. Their foam was actually tested by a couple of people and it's performance is nowhere near what they claim. If you want to read more, google "foam by mail"...
  23. bpape

Does quality of connecting wires to cart make a difference?

Gold plated is generally nothing but a sales pitch. Clean pins and connectors well soldered to a decent wire should be fine. I personally prefer Litz of some sort. Bryan
  24. bpape

Squeezebox sound quality and opinions

Congrats. The Duet has had a few 'bugs' in the firmware - but most new computer type products do. The newest firmware supposedly has resolved most of them. Bryan
  25. bpape

Does quality of connecting wires to cart make a difference?

If you follow the line of thinking that the smaller the signal, the more difference wire and connectors make, then these would be one of the most important as this is the lowest level signal in your system. Bryan
Back
Top Bottom