Search results

1. jsarsfield

What blank CDs do you like using for burning CDs?

Something to point out to is the quality and as others have mentioned the speed of the burner is just as important as the quality of the media IMO ... I had a Plextor drive once that could burn on any cheap media with not a single frisbee ... 4X for music and 16X for data is my max I ever burn...
  2. jsarsfield

What blank CDs do you like using for burning CDs?

I've always had really good luck with Verbatim for CD-R's.
  3. jsarsfield

Good receiver sound for under $100?

You might be hard pressed to find one for $100 but if your looking for a great little Marantz keep your eyes open for a 1060 just a great sounding integrated amp. And the phono section is fantastic.
  4. jsarsfield

Pioneer SA-7500

Wow !! that turned out great ..... Nice job :thmbsp:
  5. jsarsfield

To many speakers in your listening room?

Never had the problem of "Too many speakers in my listening room", I have a wife :D
  6. jsarsfield

Electronics 101 - newbie question

When transistors fail or are failing they sometimes make crackle and pop sounds in a speaker as for caps bulging and obvious leaking electrolyte are signs that they are done for .... Another good rule to go by is if they are over 25 years old they are living on borrowed time. Here are a list...
  7. jsarsfield

ohms law ?

So friggin' true:thmbsp: I can't stand the stuff but my dad would eat everybodies anytime someone didn't like it ... He was like an ambassador of Cole's Law:D
  8. jsarsfield

ohms law ?

Thank you for the explanation ... I'm not a tube guy as you probably already know from my signature ... So as you explain the hard clipping as I'm used to seeing on my scope with solid state sounds bad how exactly does it sound better on a Mac tube amp I'm still a little confused but not as much :D
  9. jsarsfield

ohms law ?

:scratch2: I'm little confused here .... Isn't all clipping flat-topped ? somebody please explain.
  10. jsarsfield

Fluoroscans - do they ever burn out?

I just read this from the wikipedia link that was posted. Is this possible with Pioneer gear? like boosting the laser current in a CDP.
  11. jsarsfield

Man did I have a crappy day at work today...

Nice score ... Make sure you resolder the three voltage regulators the are easy to spot as they are in a row and have metal heatsinks. Other than that enjoy it !
  12. jsarsfield

I've Gone and Done It - Minidisc in da House

Mini Disc really should have taken off more in the western world but I don't think that it was marketed to the extent that it was in Japan ... IMO they are like cassettes without the downsides that tapes have .... I used to use a portable all the time to record live jam sessions and they turned...
  13. jsarsfield

Realistic STA-84 Receiver for $5 today - nudies inside

Ouch .... Coating the entire tuner board in WD-40 ? You do realize that that tuning cap should be kept completely dry right? I'm sorry to tell you but if that tuner isn't toast its going to at the very least need to be professionally aligned. Keep us posted on how it turns out I really...
  14. jsarsfield

Great Electronics Learning Guides

Your Welcome ! I knew some members would find them useful or at least an interesting read. Yes you are correct about the maximum amount of downloads ... I admit I just went to google and typed file hosting and clicked the first link. If someone is having problems here is another Link with...
  15. jsarsfield

Great Electronics Learning Guides

Here are some PDF's for learning electronics that I have collected I'm sure some of you will put them to good use All New Electronics Self-Teaching Guide (2008).pdf Link Circuit Analysis Demystified.pdf Link Electrical engineering dictonary.pdf Link Electronics Projects For...
  16. jsarsfield

Pioneer SA-7500

Might want to try flat black "wrinkle paint" after first stripping. I did this approach on a friends stereo and it turned out great.
  17. jsarsfield

BA100 versus BA70

I am wondering what in the listening room your going to using them in? The reason I ask is if your using them in a smaller room like an office I think the A100's actually will fit the bill better than any of the other models mentioned. A150's and above would be my choice if the room was living...
  18. jsarsfield

SleeveFace

Very nice Goldwax, I'm going to get the wifey to help me do some tomorrow ... My camera sucks in low level light ... On the website I posted there are some really cool ones if you navigate on the right hand side.
  19. jsarsfield

SleeveFace

http://www.sleeveface.com/ Don't lie some of you are going to try this later :scratch2: :worthless Little competition with a vote on the end who can make the best one.
  20. jsarsfield

50 Greatest Documentaries

Dark Days looks like a cool film ... I remember seeing some hour long show about "Mole People" but it was shot with a much more antagonistic view citing them as criminals. It will be interesting seeing it from the other side.
  21. jsarsfield

Arctic Cooling MX-2

It isn't conductive at all .... I've tested it with a multimeter myself. When EW mentioned to use silicon grease he was referring to white thermal compound which is generally a very fine ceramic power suspended in a silicone fluid. As an update I have used the MX-2 to remount several...
  22. jsarsfield

50 Greatest Documentaries

For you doc fans .... 100 Minutes of the greatest documentaries ever listed http://smashingtelly.com/2009/03/25/the-50-greatest-documentaries/ I've downloaded at least half of them. What is your favourite film of the ones listed? What is it about british docs that in my opinion make them...
  23. jsarsfield

What is the MOST controversial love-or-hate unit of audio gear?

Surround sound for music .... Bose .... New Vs. Vintage .... Tubes
Back
Top Bottom