Search results

1. CJVx

SME GURUs, what type of set screw for weight?

I’m using an SME 3009 improved, I neglected to set the screw on the weight pictures, but it would always softly click and stay put onto the notch, so I left it alone until one day now it slides freely. It looks like whatever set screw was in there as far as keeping the weight where it needs to...
  2. CJVx

General Electric tube water tower

Bell labs in Holmdel New Jersey… they were proud of their invention.
  3. CJVx

♫♫ Saturday October 29th, 2022 Fall Blue Mt. Audio fest. Peekskill, NY ♫♫

Hey Glenn, What are you powering your AR3’s with? Last meet we spoke about doing a shootout between my 3’s and yours. I’m planning on stopping by, could bring the 3’s for comparison. Up for it? Chris.
  4. CJVx

Ford Rotunda t90p-50-ala ABS tool, anyone have one?

Hello, so my dad has an old 94 thunderbird, the rear brake lines rustedout so I replaced them for him, but can’t seem to get all the air out of the ABS module. Everyone is saying that I need this tool to properly bleed the brakes. Does anyone have one that they could loan me for a small fee? I...
  5. CJVx

How to get the silky smooth dial action?

Some tuners receivers just have it, most do not. I’m talking about some analog dials just glide effortlessly across, whereas most you can hear the chord skipping etc. without much flywheel action. is there anything that can possibly go on the dial cord to make it operate super smoothly?
  6. CJVx

X-100-b dropping Right channel.

Textbook example of the brown Mylar “dog turd” caps and their intermittent failures. You can find the failing one, but better off to replace them all before they all start failing one by one.
  7. CJVx

Best way to connect a rabbit ears type antenna to a coax cable

Sort of an indirect question. Here is the story. In my attic, I have a rabbit ears antenna connected with 300 ohm flat cable to my tuners’ (one at a time of course) 300 ohm antenna connections. I am very satisfied with its performance. I also have one of those Amazon uni directional 75 ohm...
  8. CJVx

Fisher volume potentiometers

Reviving this thread again, I just picked up another 400CX-2 but this one has a replacement volume control without the power switch, and the power switch moved to the back. Ideally I’d like to replace the volume control with a switched one, but I see the two links sent on the first page are no...
  9. CJVx

Please help me name my boat…

I am am the co-owner of my second boat with a good friend of mine. We both love music, mainly what we grew up on, and it’s modern day interpretations. That would be post hardcore, post punk, pop punk, alternative, straight up rock etc. and would ideally have a name inspired from that common...
  10. CJVx

AR Tweeter Diaphragm Replacements (AR12s)

Hi, I don’t want to sound negative, I am stating my first hand experience. Comparing these aftermarket domes when installed in AR tweeter bodies, with and without ferrofluid, to good functioning AR9, AR9ls, AR10pi tweeter examples, I do note very different sound characteristics. Options on...
  11. CJVx

AR Tweeter Diaphragm Replacements (AR12s)

It’s a shame these diaphragms are being stated to be direct replacements for 3a type tweeters. They fit the hole, but sound nothing like how the original tweeters should sound. I’ll leave it at that. I will elaborate on a drastic difference in sound when using these diaphragms on AR12, AR9...
  12. CJVx

Replacement Stylus for Empire 2300E/III

A friend of mine is using this cartridge and up until now had a good working original stylus. As we all know incidents happen, and the stylus is no longer functional. What would his options be as far as replacements? I checked out the Jico website, and they offer a nice variety, but none of them...
  13. CJVx

Inherited some AR-3's

Steve, that mid is repairable. I’ve done a few dozen of these with or without broken leads, in all states of disrepair including shifted magnets. That mid “makes” the speaker when functioning properly,
  14. CJVx

Please help me “crack” this Sunfire sub circuit

Hi yes, I eventually was able to repair this. If my memory serves me correctly, I found two resistors that drifted very high. I’m looking at a parts board from another MKII, and I believe it was R64 and R65. These components did not appear on the schematic of the NHT sub with a similar circuit...
  15. CJVx

5000a: 56 watts on right, 49 on left

what is happening is that the left channel will saturate at just over 49 watts, and then the wave will start clipping as I turn up the volume. The right went a little higher at 56 watts before saturation. Sounds like the output is balanced between the channels with balance set to the middle. I...
  16. CJVx

Can you reference any of these videos? I’d be interested in testing this.
  17. CJVx

Hi all, I picked up a nice and shiny 5000a in decent operational condition. Some previous work I have noticed that was done includes a pair of F-6013 drivers and replacement ECG180’s, but only for the left channel. Everything else seems to be original. I did the idle current and output voltage...
  18. CJVx

JBL 127H 10” woofers, What systems use them?

I have a decent pair of these woofers, and would like to find out what JBL speakers had these woofers in use. Ideally I’d like to find a set requiring replacements or missing the original woofers, but I just don’t know what to look for at this point. Thanks
  19. CJVx

Any 310-E owners? Question about cap ground points

Hi, I have a nicely functioning Scott 310-E tuner, re-stuffed the two can caps but am a bit unclear on where they were grounded to and what wires were going to their tabs etc. I am asking that if someone would be able to look at their’s and let me know the connections to the can grounds. Thanks!
  20. CJVx

Fisher model FM 200-c tube tuner anyone know anything about them?

Very cool, I think hybrids are neat. As an FM-200B owner, I can attest to its excellent performance. I do notice an extra tube and coil behind the IF strip that my 200B does not have. Wonder what this could be for, haven't looked up the schematic at this point.
  21. CJVx

Excellent transaction purchasing from don-e-golis

Don had a mint Fisher 400CX-2 Preamp he listed for sale on barter town and I was luckily the first person to contact him about purchasing it. Soon after many have contacted him but Don is a man of his word, and promised it to me since I was the first one who expressed interest. Being a rare...
  22. CJVx

New production HOMC cartridge suggestions <$400

Thanks for the suggestions, I have a Sumiko Blue Point #2 On the way.
  23. CJVx

New production HOMC cartridge suggestions <$400

I was using an ortofon X1-MC and really thought that sounded great, but unfortunately the suspension had gave out. Does anyone have any suggestions as a replacement? Thanks
  24. CJVx

X-100 opt Dot convention

All right, it’s up and running, particularly well. This one had a fried power transformer and one bad OPT. I found a Hammond PT that has the same dimensions, and very similar specs, but with a vertical mounting position. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to swap over the bells from the original PT, so...
  25. CJVx

Fisher volume potentiometers

You would have to think this guy is lurking somewhere around here, if he really has “developed a deep respect for Fisher gear.” So show yourself buddy, you got some ‘splainin to do!
Back
Top Bottom