Search results

1. T

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

my mistake I have D220Ti
  2. T

Compression driver I thought I like to contribute as own both Selenium D200Ti and B&C DE250. Those who has sensitive ear I would not recommend D220Ti as it seems to have a high freq. zing to it and your ear may feel fatigue after a while. I suggest the DE250 which is much smoother and you...
  3. T

Hi, Are you thinking of getting these horns? I am interested. Interested in combined buying, let me know.
  4. T

Low Price It is interesting to know how Hsu can price their speakers that low, I think their margin is not very high besides they have an advantage of being able to sell their product direct. With the speaker market flooded with cheap imports they probably have no choice but to match the...
  5. T

Two way Horn and Driver Refer to photo, 1. This is not a kit 2. Book-shelf speaker available Off the shelf 3. Nice cabinet unlike Nathan how much you ask, take a guess and head off to this site: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/hb-1.html Did you guess it right?
  6. T

rocket scientist just a figure of speech not literal...
  7. T

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to deduce that compliants from customers on a public forum and with pictures is bad for business.
  8. T

Things are getting worse for those who purchase the Gedlee's Nathan waveguide kit. Head off to http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=30735&page=2&pp=35 I don't have to say more.
  9. T

Update on Econowaveguide in JBL cabinet ---------------------------------------- After some experimentation I decide to mount the econowaveguide on the JBL cabinet for simplicity and looks. There was not that much difference in the sound quality inside and out of the cabinet, I took some...
  10. T

Precisely. At that price he should at least include a decent cabinet. Speaker cabinet from PE is of very high quality at a reasonable price, why can't he ask a woodwork/cabinet manufacturer to make cabinets for him at a reasonable price. I am sure there are many around even in the State he...
  11. T

This is not a criticism but a highlight of what is happenig to Dr.Gedlee's waveguide 2-way speaker kit. It is currently experiencing quality problems with its cabinet. It costs $1200 per pair by no means cheap. Go to DIYAudio under Nathan 10 thread for details.
  12. T

I find mounting econowaveguide and infact another waveguide on a baffle larger than the size of the waveguide tends to alter the FR of the waveguide. FR from Waveguide without the baffle ie mounted open air tends to have a "flatter" response. The open baffle sound coming from the waveguides are...
  13. T

Jack, I mean you can try listening with just the waveguide mounted outside the cabinet and not the woofer.That way you have best of both worlds. Maybe you try both combinations and let us know.
  14. T

Jackgiff and ValvTubehead, I see both of you mount the econowaveguide in open baffle(OB) rather than in the cabinet, I am doing the same, I found the sound to improve. What do you say? When both units waveguide and woofer are mounted in OB then the sound is not that focus besides the bass...
  15. T

Jackgiff, Can you email me the the handbook?I don't have one. If it is too bulky just scan the driver x-over and email me that page, tean_tan@hotmail.com Thanks.
  16. T

Jackgiff here are the FR for both configigurations, 1. pink curve, using JBL x-over the said earlier, not ideal but adequate. 2. brown curve, using DCX x-over, sounds a lot better. I must say bi-amp the speaker improves the speakers soundstage.
  17. T

jackgiff, You may read my post on the purchase of the econowaveguide, I have tried the following combinations, I. Mounted the econoWG with D220Ti on the JBL cabinet using existing woofer(JBL) and use the existing x-over from JBL. Drive the speaker from a single amp. The x-over is not ideal...
  18. T

More measurements On Econowaveguide This time I made 2 measuremnts when the the econowaveguide is mounted on the JBL enclosure. One for B&C DE250 compression driver and the other Selenium D220Ti. Note that for the selenium D220Ti, there is a dip around 2.8Khz which is not so pronounce if the...
  19. T

I will conduct the FR on the econowaveguide and de250. It will do it on Monday, weekend is busy for me. Most people prefer the best in everything, hence the Summa waveguide appeals to them whether it is CLEARLY superior from subjective view point as well as in measurements no one as yet to...
  20. T

Haven't tried the DE250 and econowaveguide combo. The De250 can be too "tame" or smooth. I bought it from PE for $110(on sale). If you like I can mount it on the Econowaveguide and do a FR for you on-axis. I expect it to be very smooth(smoother than D220Ti) and dip at the top end. Actually...
  21. T

I found one way to remove the "brightness in the Selenium D220Ti Titanium diaphragm is putting a small resitor in series with it, say 2.2-2.7ohm.The initial "brightness" will get less intrusive as time progresses because of the burn with time. I am using the exiting JBL x-over and DCX2496 to...
  22. T

D220&Econowaveguide&JBLwoofer. well my 1st step is to see whether it integrate well with the existing JBL woofer. It is taking sometime as I had some other things to do. step 1 ------ Using the existing x-over(DCX not used) from the MR825 speaker(bought 2nd hand with no CD and waveguide)...
  23. T

Yes to both questions, all results obtained from signal passing through the DCX2496. The measurements obtained from Soundeasy. I recommend DCX if you want to develop speakers, no need to buy HEAPS of expensive caps and inductors. DCX is about $250 from Ebay and easy to resell. Soundeasy is...
  24. T

missing attachment here is the Attachment....
  25. T

Testing Econowaveguide using DCX2496 Hi, I thought I post the results(on axis) I got from the 2 econowaveguide and D220Ti combo. I use DCX2496 set with the following parameters: 1. 2nd order LR HP @ 2Khz 2. High Pass shelving set at 17.5Khz @ 3.5db gain the 2 combos look pretty...
Back
Top Bottom