Search results

1. Sound Dragon

Aerial Acoustic 10t mkII is the best all around speaker I've ever heard..

I had a Krell KSA-250 with the Aerials and it was a love affair. Pass X0.2 pre…..absolutely fantastic synergy…..
  2. Sound Dragon

I wonder if locating the stands may tighten them up. Sound anchor made some. Mine were on solid plinth/casters and I found that the added foundation did wonders for the bass.
  3. Sound Dragon

I have many fond memories of my time with the Aerial 10T. In many ways, I can honestly say that I should have just kept them. While I have had and have great speakers since, the Aerials would not have been shamed by any of them. Truly a fantastic all around performer. Enjoy them and n excellent...
  4. Sound Dragon

AU-9900 AU-11000 speaker terminal question

@crv00, what do your kits look like? I personally despise the bare wire spring clip speaker jacks.
  5. Sound Dragon

RIP Terry DeWick

God speed Terry. You blessed us with your gift and better yet, blessed us with your presence here. The world is a bit dimmer today without you in it.
  6. Sound Dragon

ONKYO M-508 Shipping damage

I’m enlisting @Ds2000 to help me with the fix this time. This amp ain’t shipping again. I am pleased with the rest of the work though. Went from 8 main caps to 4. And the coaxial LEDs really look great in person.
  7. Sound Dragon

Here’s my custom made panels and the new axial lamps.
  8. Sound Dragon

Looks way worse than it is. Mostly cosmetic and stand off repair. Ironic that it’s the other side that was repaired the first time.
  9. Sound Dragon

Well, looks like I am in the same boat as you Glenn. Mine arrived from shipping damage repair damaged by shipping. I can’t make this up if I tried. Kudos to the seller who packed it as well as could be. But the shippers were determined to get it somehow. Le sigh….
  10. Sound Dragon

JVC (Victor) K2 Interface Technology - A blast from the past?

@Ds2000 is all in on the higher end Victor K2 player/transport and Dac. Some of the finest redbook playback I have ever heard.
  11. Sound Dragon

What current production 12ax7s do you recommend?

Which particular Psvane 12ax7? They make several different versions or at least label them differently.
  12. Sound Dragon

Mark Levinson 27.5 or McIntosh MC2205?

I will go against the grain here and say that the ML 27.5 is an excellent sounding and performing amplifier. Truly well designed by the Madrigal era of Mark Levinson. The only issue would be that unless serviced, it will be a bit long in Tooth and if not needing work now…..it will need it at...
  13. Sound Dragon

Pioneer TZ-7, TZ-9 and Elite Gear best way to sell

US Audiomart. I think that may be your best option.
  14. Sound Dragon

I'm New here: I am A. H. Cooper aka "RixiRox", from NYC, USA.

Welcome bud. On the Island in Valley Stream.
  15. Sound Dragon

Onkyo M-508: Pulled the String

I find the 508 to be the better sounding amp also over the 504. Admittedly subjective, but I do wonder if there is a bit more to the 508 in terms of build and design that makes it the better sounding unit. I also preferred the 506 to the 504 having spent a lot of time with both.
  16. Sound Dragon

Got my first R2R machine - surprisingly good sound and not much of maintenance was needed.

Awesome bud! I absolutely love mine. Enjoy it in excellent health. And yeah…what the other guy said…..
  17. Sound Dragon

What does everyone own for tube gear!

I am currently back in the Tube camp with a Line Magnetic (Foshan) LM-126. Definitely enjoying it very much with some Tannoy monitor Royals.
  18. Sound Dragon

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Got mine through Buyee/Yahoo JP. Definitely worth it to me!
  19. Sound Dragon

World’s greatest audio system.

I believe it netted a little over 150k. A wake up call to some of us I am sure!….or perhaps not.
  20. Sound Dragon

Speaker Pairing Advice for Vintage Citation I and Citation II Amp/Preamp

Aside Klipsch recommendations, look at Omega Monitors, Zu Audio speakers, Tannoy Monitors. Oh and of course various Altec models. I think you should research these and try to narrow it down based on budget, size requirements and listening preferences. Happy hunting and enjoy the journey...
  21. Sound Dragon

That was GLs before my phone auto corrected it…..Le sigh
  22. Sound Dragon

Thanks. I am just tired of the high prices for “NOS” tubes that just don’t seem to live up to the hype. I don’t have the time or knowledge to go hunting for pulls and I would honestly just rather spend the time listening then hunting at this point. Thanks for the recommendations and I will check...
  23. Sound Dragon

With the current state of vintage tubes being what it is. And the whole Russian tube fiasco and its impact on inventory. And the Chinese having their own challenges. What current tube would you consider a wise purchase for 12ax7 tubes?
Back
Top Bottom