Search results

1. R

Luxman zeners

Maybe 2 x 4.3v Zeners for the 8.5v one
  2. R

Luxman zeners

Hi folks, Looking for some crosses for a couple of Zeners in my Luxman L58A BZ-150 WZ-085 Has anyone got part numbers for equivalents?
  3. R

Normal Seperate slide switch

Yes, that would help! Its chassis mount, solder lugs, measurements between center of mounting holes 28-29mm
  4. R

Normal Seperate slide switch

My Luxman L58a has has a replacement normal seperate switch for coupling and decoupling the internal pre to power amps which is in bad shape and poorly fitted, just wondering wondered if anyone has a replacement mouser or digikey part number, these switches were fitted to Kenwoods, pioneers, etc...
  5. R

Luxman L-58a / L-580 (70's) phono problem

I'm having issues with oscillation on my L58A and was wondering what you replaced the double diodes with?
  6. R

Flying saucer transistors

Thanks for replies, Could KSA1013 and KSC 2383 also work?
  7. R

Flying saucer transistors

Currently making a parts list for my two Sansui Au-101's. However with the ksa1220 now obsolete, what is the recommended replacements for the CDC8000 / 9000 transistors? Thanks
  8. R

Sansui Au101 refresh and upgrade help

Moving onto the Tone Block, again very similar to the Au-505 with a few component value changes C705 1uf 50V signal path, same value but replace with film C003 470uf 35V local decoupling? Keep same value but replace with low ESR? C709 47uf 6.3v emitter bypass again looking at @Leestereo and...
  9. R

So starting with the phono stage this seems to be the same as the one in the Au-505 with the exceptions of C611 being 4.7uf and R621 being 220K. Its also very close to the AU-555 phono. AU-505 first pic Au-101 second. Capacitors C601/C611 1uf / 4.7uf 50V are the signal path caps I think film...
  10. R

I've recently come into possession of a real nice Au-101 and want to refresh / upgrade it, I've looked up the threads on the forum and have come up short on most of the capacitor values that are being used, I have gleaned from @JimEGR and his thread that the output caps can be upped to 6800uf...
  11. R

Sansui AU-101 Restoration - A Classy Minimalist

Great thread! Just picked one of these up could you post the bom is is that to be requested from @Leestereo
  12. R

KB-265 double diodes, pull when seen?

Hi folks, Currently trying to fix/restore a Luxman L58A and was wondering seems this thing is lettered with these KB-265 double diodes, are they pull em when you see them parts?
  13. R

Luxman L58A issues

OK I suspected as much, where to start? It's not the electro caps I've just done them. What's the best way to show oscillation sine or square wave, what hz?
  14. R

Luxman L58A issues

I think the adjustment procedure is up for interpretation, think itll be an idea to leave to idling for 30 minutes then adjust.
  15. R

Luxman L58A issues

Im currently rehabbing a Luxman L58A integrated and have come up to the adjustments, setting the Bias offset etc. When the bias is set the heatsink and output transistors sit at around 50 degrees at idle, anyone know whether this is normal for this range of Luxman? Another possible issue is the...
  16. R

Luxman L58A resto help

Hi all, just restoring my Luxman L58A and have come across a dubiously installed bridge rectifier which does look amateurish but upon comparing photos of other L58's it looks factory? Anyway the bridge at the moment is a S10VB40 the one could be an I possibly, any ideas on good replacements for...
  17. R

Sony TA-E88 restoration

The small black squarish tants are the ones I was referring to the blue ones I would change. There are also some caps back to back in this amp that are used in series to create a bipolar cap, you COULD replace these with a one quality film cap, recapping the rest of the amp wise use good quality...
  18. R

Sony TA-E88 restoration

I've never found one of those tant caps to be out of spec but if I did a wima mks2 film cap is what I would use
  19. R

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Hi, I have a pair of Sony APM-22's that have a broken tweeter which I'm not sure about replacing or turning them into Econowaves, problem is I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this! What options do I have, obviously I want to keep the bass driver bit what the rest? Dimensions if...
  20. R

RIAA calculation

So the components in the RIAA stage if I read correctly are cd11, 13, 15, 17 and R43, 45. How do I put these into a calculator?
  21. R

Kenwood Model 500/600 switches

As I'm trying to locate a fault (see other thread) I thought as I was taking the front panel apart I'd clean the switches properly on my Model 500. These are just the lever switches at the moment, the one pictured is the dubbing switch After desoldering they come apart pretty easy, I put the...
  22. R

Kenwood Model 500 Help Needed

After restoring this and gifting this to my dad, recently its back! He's reported a fault where the left channel made a cracking sound through the speakers then lost sound intermittently, right channel was fine throughout which discounts the protection circuit activating. On the bench giving ~50...
  23. R

RIAA calculation

I read LeeStereos restoration threads with great interest especially where he corrects through Riaa curves of the amps he's working on, could anyone be so kind as to walk me through the calculations with this schematic?
  24. R

Rotel RA-1412 Restoration Project

I'd definitely cleanup the glue around the transistors on the flat heatsinks in the last photo
Back
Top Bottom