Search results

1. tyler8

What got you into Klipsch?

I heard Supertramp's Crime of the Century on a pair of Cornwall's back in the late 70's. I had never heard anything like that before.
  2. tyler8

Quartet crossover upgrade pics

Pulled my quartets out of the garage and moved them into the office a few days ago for something different. Had been awhile since I had listened. Been streaming through Tidal and and just caught up in what I have been hearing. Haven’t done the crossovers yet as I didn’t know if I was keeping...
  3. tyler8

Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls..

Sorry to hear that. Let me know what you decide.
  4. tyler8

Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls..

You have to quietly morph your way up the food chain. I messed around in the beginning with Forte II's and Quartet's then moved up to Cornwall's which did bring some hesitation but then shortly thereafter brought home Belles. Her only comment after looking at them was "that's it right, they...
  5. tyler8

Switch to tube amplification

Agree, have a Fisher 800B and love it. Outstanding collection by the way!
  6. tyler8

Cornwall vs chorus 2

Nah, the Belles were owned by a retired military gentleman who was moving to a smaller home. His daughter/niece, don't recall which, was selling them on Craigslist overwhelmed by the response at that price. By the time I called she told me she had multiple suitors already. Told her I understood...
  7. tyler8

Cornwall vs chorus 2

. Belles for $500. Excellent shape Quartet's for $60 Cornwall's for $400 Live 70 miles north of San Francisco. Must be something in the water up here. Those Khorns are beautiful by the way.
  8. tyler8

List your Klipsch speakers

Whichever is hooked up to my Fisher 800B. I have had it with my Cornwall's upstairs and loved them. I have a McIntosh 7900 downstairs with the Belles, way overkill. Recently moved the Fisher downstairs with the Belles and they became my favorite. The Mac is wonderful and I still switch back and...
  9. tyler8

JBL 4350.....What to offer

Still makes me crazy. Damn.
  10. tyler8

Kasual Klipsch Enkounters

My wife introduced me to a couple she had met who asked us over one evening. As the evening went on he was playing music and asked me what I listened to and on what? After I was done he asked if there was really any difference in systems and his opinion that anything beyond a middling system was...
  11. tyler8

Forte ii "decorater series"...???

Nice speakers. Did you get them??
  12. tyler8

Joined the Cornwall club this morning.

I got to manufacturer date 1977 and then decided to let you go from there, short attention span. Sure there are others that can discern it far quicker.
  13. tyler8

Joined the Cornwall club this morning.

Top thread of the Klipsch corner by Pmsummers should answer your question regarding what those numbers are. Congrats!!
  14. tyler8

I am finally a member of the Klipsch Heritage club

Thread reborn. Have a pair myself for about that long. Have multiple other heritage at this point which may make them open to the same thing this summer. Did you ever find the big honkin JBL's?
  15. tyler8

fisher 800b

I have an 800B with Klipsch Belles. Enjoy the pairing very much.
  16. tyler8

New Forte crossover's finally finished

Looks great. Nice job. Look forward to more comments
  17. tyler8

Right side of the ground

Right side of the ground
  18. tyler8

What Klipsch speaker for my new(old) Fischer 500c?

What he said. Just bought an 800b and it is bliss with my Cornwalls. It's true, it's tubes.
  19. tyler8

Another positive Epic C series thread

Another Epic story and you have Belles also. Really have me curious. Thought the only other set of Klipsch I would get would be Khorns but looks like I am in trouble.
  20. tyler8

Need some direction for first Klipsch

That is a good question. Very close but the Belles are downstairs in my main system. I used to run a sub with them and was quite happy but since buying a Mac amp and not hooking the sub up I do miss the bass vs the Cornwall's. I am going to spend some money and upgrade the mid horn. That and...
  21. tyler8

Need some direction for first Klipsch

Have matched the Forte II's and Cornwall I's up against each other many times as I own both and have them in my home office. Always the Cornwall's with me but that's just me. I also own Belles and push come to shove......
  22. tyler8

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MAC7900 and Klipsch Belle's
  23. tyler8

Klipsch Forte's

That's funny, (then again not). Great speakers. Great car.
  24. tyler8

Klipsch RF-5

My wife is very forgiving and has never argued speakers but questioned the end of the line size wise since introducing Forte II's. Guess she's just considering herself lucky or preparing for the bigger beast. I've managed Cornwall's and Belles since then and all still remain in various rooms...
Back
Top Bottom