Search results

1. qdrone

ARGYLE

This movie was BAD. Worse movie I've seen since Renfeild. I like Sam Rockwell, but he even could't save this turd. The person who came up with the idea to use 70's soul,disco music during the fight scenes should be drawn and quartered.
  2. qdrone

Movies you have been waiting for

There are two 1). Sequel to The Accountant 2). Sequel to Tropic Thunder. Everyone is on board with this, but they are still negotiating with Robert Downey Jr.
  3. qdrone

Burt Young / Paulie passes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/18/movies/burt-young-dead.html?smid=url-share Always made the Rocky movies a little better.
  4. qdrone

Have you cleaned your cartridge body lately?

I'm gifting a used Sumiko Talisman Vituoso DTI to my nephew who is putting together a vintage system. Behind the stylus on the cartridge body was alot of black gunk so I took a sewing needle and Cafefully scraped the black gunk off and cleaned stylus. I then thought maybe I should check my...
  5. qdrone

Is it possible

I have a Frybaby 2 and a Duotech cable burner. Can these be run through an auxiliary input on my pre amp via L/R interconnects,switched on to my amp to burn in Speaker cables and speakers?
  6. qdrone

Pee-Wee Herman Passes - RIP

Paul Ruebens aka Pee Wee has died at 70. He has been in the news lately claiming he was swindled by someone who he claimed sold off items from his show after he LENT them on consignment.
  7. qdrone

The Golden Boy

HBO documentary on Oscar de La Hoya is probably the most brutally honest expose involving the person being documented. No stone is left unturned, every scab is ripped off. Refreshing...
  8. qdrone

All That Heaven Allowed

A great documentary on actor Rock Hudson's career and life. Very well done,I never knew he did so many movies. On HBO,it gives you a sense of how Hollywood worked in those days. It reinforced my opinion that in Hollywood,there are no secrets.
  9. qdrone

Indiana Jones / The Dial of Destiny

Well, I throughly enjoyed this movie. If you have liked other Indiana Jones movies I can guarantee you will like this one. I'm glad I took a chance on this.
  10. qdrone

Anyone sending their MFSL recordings back?

To Music Direct for refunds? Just curious.
  11. qdrone

What does this mean?

I'm hooking up two mono blocks /RCA interconnects. What is a floating speaker terminal?
  12. qdrone

Interesting article on Crowley / Page mansion.

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/haunted-manor-owned-by-aleister-crowley-jimmy-page-opening-tourists/ Stairway to Heaven was written there.
  13. qdrone

Only 1 letter of the alphabet

If you could only listen to music where the artist or group name is alphabetical cataloged with last letter in their name in the alphabet (The doesn't count,The Beatles would be B). What letter word it be? I chose B.
  14. qdrone

As I predicted

Read an article that owners of record stores are afraid that the recent price increase on New vinyl could put them out of business. As it is the price of used vinyl is getting obscene so they can pay the bills but people are walking away from new vinyl too because their too much. Get em while...
  15. qdrone

Lucky Hank

Anyone watching Odenkirks new show? Thoughts?
  16. qdrone

Half speed masters

Read an article on Google.com that I tried to copy the link,but to no avail. Apparently the only part of the recording that benefits half speed mastering is the treble or upper frequencies. When an original analog master is used you lose 1 octave of sound so the bass is a bit shy compared to the...
  17. qdrone

White Noise on Netflix

A dark comedy that is fresh and original. Once in a blue moon a movie drops that cultavates new ideas or done in a way that holds your attention. This movie is wierd,in a Lynch kind of way and imo has the chance to become a cult classic. Thought provoking dialogue, a real pleasure to follow...
  18. qdrone

Kim Simmonds of Savoy Brown passes from cancer

Founding member of Savoy Brown. https://wfgr.com/ixp/295/p/kim-simmonds-dead/
  19. qdrone

Wednesday

Loving this Netflix series,Tim Burton's influence is all over this. Great homage to the Adam's Family franchise,acting is superb. Took me to the 2nd episode to recognize the headmaster,Brianna from GOT, for a big lady she sure carries herself elegantly. Music is done by Danny Elfman who in...
  20. qdrone

Medieval

I have stated i like a good period piece movie and since i was in the mood for some House of the Dragons type action I went to see Medieval. The battle scenes were well done although it isn't up to Braveheart/ Gladiator/Battle of the Bastards (GOT) level. Jan Zizka played by Ben Foster is hired...
  21. qdrone

House of the Dragons

HBO has another hit on their hands. 2 episodes in and F***ery is afoot,treachery abounds as sides jockey for the thrown. Oh well here goes another decade of my life...
  22. qdrone

Make it PC but funny...

Jeff Spicoli ; laughter, No way,those guys are ?. No way,those guys are scientoligists! No way,those guys are vegetarian! No way,those guys are lame!
  23. qdrone

Fastimes @ Ridgemont High was almost scrapped

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/entertainment/fast-times-ridgemont-high-deemed-010036575.html. And rob me of one of my favorite cinema moments? Why that's downright Un American! :thumbsdown::yikes::wtf:
  24. qdrone

Tony Dow passes at 77!

This one really makes me feel mortal, I grew up watching the reruns. Leave It to Beaver was always good for a laugh, Wally, Lumpy, Eddie, the original motley Crew. He battled liver cancer but lost the good fight R.I.P.
  25. qdrone

The Terminal List on Prime

I liked the series,critics be damned. Solid action, Pratt carries role,could have done without so many family flashbacks but hey its free with Prime. Give it a try...
Back
Top Bottom