Search results

1. safebet

Installed Daphile last night

It's the scroll bar that hides until you mouse over a list. For example, Qobuz shows 200 items below, but there is no evidence of a scroll bar until a mouse is present in the area with listed items, and it was difficult just to capture this screenshot, but that tiny portion of a scroll bar will...
  2. safebet

So true. Know what I really would like to change but don't think possible? It's that tiny scroll bar to the right; perhaps not literally but it looks about 3 pixels wide and only widens to perhaps 7 IF you have the patience and steadiness to select it. It disappears completely if the artist...
  3. safebet

Realistic CD-1000 CD Player

Loved my CD1000. That dot matrix display and ability to program with the 0-9 buttons while playing. Good memories, hope you get yours running.
  4. safebet

Newbie here - Kenwood C2 and M2A

Welcome! I have both the balance and headphone replacement boards from DRM in my C2.
  5. safebet

Welcome aboard! Vintage is fun!
  6. safebet

Good question. I've had only a few hours experience between creation of the boot-able USB drive from a download and this latest revelation. With that I'd say it's simple to configure, much easier actually than the PiCore installation. Most importantly I'll now be able to rip all the grab bag...
  7. safebet

Just had a very happy moment. Not only was it a piece of cake to configure CIFS connectivity to the NAS to play my current content, but I also located the drop-down menu in the lower right hand corner allowing selection of available players. I have been using the Material skin plug-in with...
  8. safebet

It's cool when at the application layer LMS can index and present titles based on metadata. I also use My Music and Artist to browse available "albums". It is with the physical file structure I prefer a flat directory where total number of albums under an artist are clearly visible. Just my...
  9. safebet

Appreciate the comments. I don't currently use a media manager, for now I only want to add newly ripped FLAC encoded files for LMS playback. Vortexbox had an option to create parallel file structures with mp3 format files and so that was readily accomplished. Any eventual media manager would...
  10. safebet

Had to cobble together a couple of USB adapters with a M-F extension to connect the Modius DAC. I left the DigiOne connected to the coax input since either can be selected as a source from the front panel and I wouldn't have another use for it otherwise. Works fine. The ripper is configured to...
  11. safebet

I put a fresh CR2032 battery and a 500 GB drive in an old Dell PC. I then installed the latest version of Daphile and am checking it out today. I'm a long time Squeezebox user and have been running PiCore player to serve tunes to clients in the house. Ten or more years ago I used Vortexbox, a...
  12. safebet

Best looking cassette deck?

Hmmmm. From a cleanliness and "beauty" perspective I'm kinda digging the first post, that picture of the CT-F500.
  13. safebet

What SACD player do you use?

SACDMods.com DVP-NS755V with Matthew Anker clock and 5.1 output update. Not much to look at but redbook sounds great too. Retired the Elite DV-59AVi. Used it as a transport for a while for regular CD's when the analog output died.
  14. safebet

Any benefit to adding an equalizer to cassette playback?

Good looking setup, glad it's working out for you. The advice given by @dankik echoes what I would have stated. I've recorded hundreds of cassettes over the years on various decks including mono portable recorders. For optimum sound quality I have had decks where a jewel screwdriver could be...
  15. safebet

Audio Club of Maine (ACMe)

I'm headed to Frankenfest April 13. Be nice to meet some of you there.
  16. safebet

Got my first R2R machine - surprisingly good sound and not much of maintenance was needed.

Nice deck, I have the similar 5050-II version as well as eight Teac A series machines of various formats. A good quality machine will perform well for many years. I keep those with proven reliability. Thanks for posting the measurements. I'm curious how it would stack up against a Nak...
  17. safebet

Does anybody remember when Alternative went off the air right across North America?

None of any notoriety. "The Thrill Pillows" had a local following for a while and I played in another with writer William Monahan (of later The Departed fame). I recorded a few tunes on my Tascam 688 with me on drums and him solo. Jim Beam and coffee...Bill was an interesting guy. We played...
  18. safebet

Does anybody remember when Alternative went off the air right across North America?

For sure, only one decent college station here. But every day at least one of my many tuners is playing my music via a little FM Stereo transmitter from a 24/7 automated smart fading, auto leveling dedicated headless PC. Been running one since mid-2000's. It's the coolest feature in my house...
  19. safebet

Just built some simple speakers

Can you tell us more about the Rockville subwoofer? Is it passive or actively powered? If it is connected between the Crown and your speakers it may have a simple 6 dB/octave high pass crossover (a single series capacitor) to roll off the bottom end. A simple tweak would be to choose your...
  20. safebet

Just built some simple speakers

Looks good, have fun!
  21. safebet

Motorola SK22DW Solid State Modular Stereo

Fantastic! Love it.
  22. safebet

Hi, I'm new here. Owner of BIC 80z

Welcome!
  23. safebet

I've found the right place !

Great intro! Welcome from another kid from Columbus!
  24. safebet

Radio Shack, Battery of the Month Club~!

I remember that! The little 6809 that could...eventually. Man that 35 track disk drive cranked away! Good times.
Back
Top Bottom