Search results

1. cbottorff

Fisher RS-100 RS-200 RS-1000 RS-2000 Series Library Reference Thread

The People are of a Different Opinion... Larry, I find it rather ironic that your "recommended action" literally stops any further work from happening. My opinion is to leave the thread unlocked because it is not my inaction but rather, the inaction of others that has caused the project to...
  2. cbottorff

Panasonic Thruster series

In post #76 33&athird says: > Dude, no freakin' way. Just made my day... I'm sure there are other people who are interested in these Panasonic systems as well, but they just don't want to admit it. I started out my audio experience with AM pocket radios and AM car radios at the age of 11...
  3. cbottorff

Panasonic Thruster series

I've been researching the matching head units that came with Thrusters and have turned up some more pics. Panasonic Thrusters SB-350 Speakers Panasonic Cassette Receiver SE-5508 10 Watts RMS with SB-350 Thrusters Panasonic Cassette Receiver RA-7700 25 Watts RMS with SB-800...
  4. cbottorff

Fisher RS-2010 Darlington pack STK-0080 or 0105?

In post #14 kcollins4 (Kevin) says: > What "special equipment and conditions" do you need to get the dust out? Lots of clean dry air under fairly high pressure. I'm just too cheap and I can't bring myself to buy air in can. (Isn't air free?) Many air compressors commonly have a lot of...
  5. cbottorff

Another different Sanyo datasheet reflects echowars' aforsaid cites for the STK-0080 and STK-0105 specification for 8 ohm loads. My interest continues with the physical and electrical design of the STK-0105 as distinguished from the STK-0080. A further closer examination of the Sanyo...
  6. cbottorff

In post #13 EchoWars says: > The STK-0080 has a full complementary output stage and is designed for 80W output and a maximum > of +/-65V rails (power rated using +/-46V rails), The STK-0105 is a quasi-complementary part, > designed for 100W output and a maximum of +/-75V rails (power rated...
  7. cbottorff

And... The answer is... Nope. The pristine condition Fisher RS-2010 receiver we have here is a factory original that has come through equipped with the originally specified STK-0105 power packs. STK-0105s are substantially larger than STK-0080s being both wider and taller than STK-0080s...
  8. cbottorff

As previously discussed in this thread and at least half a dozen other Fisher threads here on AK, Fisher model RS-2010 receivers are commonly equipped from the factory with Sanyo STK-0080 power pack modules. STK-0080 power pack modules are rectangular with perfectly square corners. There is...
  9. cbottorff

Several years ago, I read this thread and ever since that time, I've had this thread in the back of my mind. As I have recently acquired relevant new material it is time to update this thread. Here are pictures of the specific receiver in question, in this case a pristine condition Fisher...
  10. cbottorff

GFA-565 biasing/temp/etc

"Am I right in thinking that the first thing to check is the offset/bias?" Yes, you should always check the amplifier DC offset / bias first before hooking up any speaker to an amplifier of unknown status. This is especially true concerning Adcom 500 series amplifiers as Adcom 500 series...
  11. cbottorff

Questions about my Fisher RS-2015

> I picked up a Fisher RS-2015 this week for $40.00 (I hope I didn't overpay). No, you didn't over pay. You've scored a sweet deal for 150 watts RMS a channel. How many receivers have you ever seen that have massive heat sinks all the way across the back like the RS-2015 does? An instant...
  12. cbottorff

Fisher rs 2010 nudies.

In post #3 Fisherdude says: > How about posting the links and we'll leave the thread up? This is the third thread I've posted this set in. Thanks to the extensive code embedding features made available by the vBulletin programmers to us and the right huge image file hosting site(s), the...
  13. cbottorff

Onkyo tx-6500 mkii beast!

For those who may be interested, I recently digitized a pristine quality Onkyo 6500MKII service manual at 300DPI 11x17 in color and uploaded it to HiFi Engine. This service manual was free to me from a fellow AK'er, and now it is free to you. This is an actual 900x900 pixel crop from the...
  14. cbottorff

meters quit on my fisher rs1052

In post #3 ducati2 says: > no I do not have the service manual. Sooner or later that will change. Send me a pm with an e-mail address. I also have the Euro version RS-1052 service manual that I can send you right away. It's of a lower quality than my scans but still quite usable none...
  15. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #25 KingBubba says: > This is the second bunch of pictures of Fishers I've seen this week and I must say that > I love the internal layouts. They look like they are easy access to the PCBs. You have > a great receiver and I know you feel proud to have done the great job you did...
  16. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #23 anderslober says: > Regarding the re-cap......I used completely off-the-shelf caps...... > no expensive ones of any kind....I just substituted uf/v for uf/v.... > cap by cap. just some teapo, rubycon, no-name..etc. The cost was maybe > 30 bucks.........more pictures...
  17. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #22 anderslober says: > yes.....it seems my unit is "special". Nah, it's just a different production model as we shall soon see... > I started noticing this when I was looking into it for de-assembly. I have > been working on the unit for a couple of weeks....finished the re-cappping...
  18. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #13 yrly says: > Around the time I repaired the 2010 for my friend at work I was doing some > reading up on them. A 2010 turned up on ebay and it stated the "power supply" > had been replaced as a factory warranted repair and the tranny was a laminate > in that unit as opposed to...
  19. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

The more I contemplate this matter the more details and information I want. I have a Fisher RS-2015 that shows very clear signs the power transformer has been replaced. The repair was done rather hastily although the clues are not easily seen to the casual observer. The replacement is a...
  20. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #13 anderslober said: > hello forum.....I have googled and yoddled extensively, but I have > been unable to locate a rs2010 service manual......can anyone help? > > thanks.. I have all the service manuals for the Fisher RS-100, RS-200, RS-1000 and RS-2000 series receivers. I've...
  21. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #8 anderslober says: > ....mine is probably a later "non-patent-infringing" model. > Can someone confirm if this is the case... We can only speculate without more specific information, namely higher resolution pictures and more of them. In post #9 larryderouin says: > Have...
  22. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #7 larryderouin says: > You've got a totally different transformer for one. Bill's is toroidal. Every Fisher RS-2010 I have seen up until now, which is about 8 to 10 of them, has the torroidal power transformer that is specified in the service manual. > It's possible that your's...
  23. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #5 anderslober said: > It seems my unit is missing a few things compared to Bill's... > ...please take a look at the photos.... I spotted the differences immediately. This unique production model piques my attention. > ....the missing things are right in the middle...please...
  24. cbottorff

Fisher rs2010 innards?

In post #4 Bill said: > IMHO as an ex service tech they are built as well as most of the > more popular brands. I will say that after the RS-10XX/20XX > series receivers the quality went down hill fast. I also have two Fisher RS-2015s and fully concur with Bill's observation. The "black...
  25. cbottorff

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Fisher RS-2010. 100 Watts RMS into 8 ohms. Personally, I hate the low resolution "nudie pics" that I so commonly see because I can't make out any of the receiver's finer details. Thanks to the extensive coding abilities made available by the vBulletin programmers and the right huge image...
Back
Top Bottom