Search results

1. quadmatrix82

Why Does My Marantz 250 Amp Keep Eating the Protection Relay?

Well done on your persistence! A great thread for anyone in future working on one of these i’m sure will be a valuable resource!
  2. quadmatrix82

Any Noisy/Problematic Transistors in Sansui G-8000?

I believe ksc1815 is preferred to ksc1845 in certain locations so best to check before replacing 2sc1313
  3. quadmatrix82

Demand for Reproduction Lamp housings?

Add the housing for the 2385/2500 to the list
  4. quadmatrix82

Sansui King

Fantastic result!
  5. quadmatrix82

Faceplate Hex Bolts

T they should be same as other Japanese receivers from that range
  6. quadmatrix82

Ss47 - mje182g Sps439 - bc546 maybe mpsa42 also
  7. quadmatrix82

Also another thought make sure meter board solder points aren’t touching the vu meter housing it’s very close there
  8. quadmatrix82

Popping if it’s intermittent could be a bad solder joint or damaged track on one of the semiconductors? Are the outputs securely into the pin holders? I do notice the relay on my 250 gets warm too but haven’t had any issues.
  9. quadmatrix82

Sansui 771 sound comparison to 717

They sound totally different, if you like the 771 keep it and look for a 881 if you feel the need to get more power however the tone is very sililar The 717 is a great amp just different to the 771, more modern later design and has a faster bottom end and darker treble response
  10. quadmatrix82

Sansui AU-9900a - Please help, I'm going nuts

Did you change the relay
  11. quadmatrix82

AU-517 Relay Clicks Too Fast

What happens if you put the original transistor back in?
  12. quadmatrix82

3300 Control Console pops when switching High Filter switch if Tone is IN.

This is a great explanation whilst in most instances it doesn’t matter in circuit designs and situation it makes a difference
  13. quadmatrix82

3300 Control Console pops when switching High Filter switch if Tone is IN.

Even bi polar caps have a negative and positive perhaps this is causing a potential issue and might be good to restore to stock to isolate it
  14. quadmatrix82

Sansui BA-2000 Issue After Recap

Ok thanks for clarifying if that’s the case then there’s another reason why it ran hotter than you expected did it run warmer than before the heat could be normal
  15. quadmatrix82

The bias should be set at 33mv so 100mv is too high check out my thread on my repair it explains how to do bias measuring mv over the emitter resistors as opposed to the method in the manual If you set it 100ma as per the manual then you did it correctly did you measure Milivolts or miliamps?
  16. quadmatrix82

240/250 Replacement Transistors

Any possibility the rca input is damaged for that side?
  17. quadmatrix82

If you haven’t already also change all the vd1212 diode and fuse resistors as preventative maintenance and to rule out unreliable components
  18. quadmatrix82

1070 , loud pop on turnoff.

Could also be bad filter caps or power supply sounds like a cap discharging at switch off but the relay is supposed to suppress that noise check your relay too.
  19. quadmatrix82

1070 , loud pop on turnoff.

Did you replace the safety cap also?
  20. quadmatrix82

Can you check the voltages on f2630? I had issues on this board recently if you can’t measure the voltages remove the board and test the transistors and diodes and look for any shorted /open components
  21. quadmatrix82

Hey, You guys have a component list for the BA and CA-2000 units?

Maybe start a new thread so we can work through it with you but bias should be 33mv not 100mv
  22. quadmatrix82

Question About Voltage Compatibility for Amp: Seeking Guidance

Also check if you have the correct fuse it varies pending on which market you are in the rear panel will tell you which one is correct
  23. quadmatrix82

Flying saucer transistors

You can use bd139/bd140 I’ve only encountered a small handful of instances of where the flying saucer transistors have failed, more often the 2sc871 in these amps are an issue
Back
Top Bottom