Search results

1. ferninando

New thread: Bay Area HP alumni check in here....

So since 2011 these are the only Bay Area HP folks?
  2. ferninando

Head phones for hearing loss?

sorry for deleteing too soon. No offence but didnt see any interest. My question is does anyone use headphones and/or headphone amps to help their hearing loss? Mine is severe. nothing above 1khz. You can imagine not hearing above 1khz. NOT GOOD. I tried headhones from my cd layer headphone...
  3. ferninando

M4 output transistors??

never mind. operator error
  4. ferninando

M4 output transistors??

ok clinic I will investigate it. thanks for your info.
  5. ferninando

M4 output transistors??

thanks Cap for the link and svc mnl. Once I discovered the hot heatsink I didnt go any further . stopped all doing till I can find out more on the transtrs. so do not if it plays on the hot ch. do know its too hot to touch. Its the M4 amp I bought when I bought the C4 preamp.
  6. ferninando

M4 output transistors??

Hi all. I have an M4 power amp with a major problem. Right ch. output heatsink gets super hot while the left one stays room temp. So I'm thinking Output transistor short. But before any disassembly to indentify the types of output trans. visualy, I would see if anyone here can tell me what...
  7. ferninando

Mc2120 interested in opinions of it.

Yeah Adam he likes it. Its in really good cond too. So price is a relative thing I think. All this stuff is whatever someone is willing to give. Every deal is diff.
  8. ferninando

Thanks all for the feedback. I was asking for a friend. didnt get a chance to tell him AK responce, but he got the one for sale locally and was really impressed with the sound performance. He gave $525 for it. I'll tell him wat was said here about resto/refurb. Thanks again for the info.
  9. ferninando

Thanks Adam. sounds like a good amp to persue.
  10. ferninando

I am looking at a Mc2120 SS power amp for sale locally. I know not alot about Mc amps and would appreciate some AK Mc folks to giv me a brief opinion of it. Thanks.
  11. ferninando

I'm So Depressed. Hearing Is Going.

thanks for that Ballylongford
  12. ferninando

I'm So Depressed. Hearing Is Going.

I am down to nothing above 1KHz. my audio system now sits idle . going to give it away. hearing aids cannot bring back what you cannot hear, only attempt to make what you can hear sound a little better. Mine are top notch and can barely do anything for making my hearing any better. talk about...
  13. ferninando

Tinnitus?

Yeah, I can no longer listen to my wonderful sounding audio system Iv been improving over the yrs. It now sits silent and will from now on. It will all be given away.
  14. ferninando

Tinnitus?

tinnitus? Heck I wish I could her tinnitus. I cant hear anything above 1KHz. I no longer have any audio appreciation whatsoever.
  15. ferninando

Troubleshooting a Phono Stage

I have been working with captouch on this problem and it just dawned on me that what is under the shield is all the RIAA eq. components being shielded from external misc noise. Or not. edit: my above statement is completely wrong, so please disregard it.
  16. ferninando

Taming the habit - actually managing to leave stuff behind and walk away

broke my habit by loosing hearing all sounds above 1khz. now do not buy more audio stuff and liquidating all existing equipment. Now life sucks.
  17. ferninando

Meter for checking transistors

look on ebay
  18. ferninando

cant hear over 1khz

thanks ghazzer for the advice. I will do what is practicle for me.
  19. ferninando

cant hear over 1khz

Have gone to costco and have apt for hrng test. Gonna go with them. $3k for top of line aids. Any brand recommendations for best to get? Phonak supposed to be pretty good. got several info on several they have, including phonak . Any input is welcome.
  20. ferninando

Kenwood KA-5700

great amp the KA-5700. I like the dickins outa mine.
  21. ferninando

cant hear over 1khz

No probs ghazzer. I guess we all can use more info about our hearing.
  22. ferninando

cant hear over 1khz

It doesnt say on the door that this is a GOOD audiologist. and there is no way to tell ahead of time that i know of. my hearing has been going down for several yrs because im a male and males loose their hearing as they age and I have aged just like everyone else is aging. some age...
  23. ferninando

cant hear over 1khz

see post #4 no big picture just the aging process. males loose their hearing as they age.
  24. ferninando

cant hear over 1khz

se post #4
  25. ferninando

How many of you guys 'retro-mod' your vintage gear? What's off limits?

no limits. your stuff do what you want.
Back
Top Bottom