Search results

1. Larry

I got free Design Acoutsics D8 today

Sadly, I sold my D-8's and D-6's...too many speakers.
  2. Larry

Mcintosh values

All good advice re: ebay and craigslist. This gear is rather scarce on ebay, so I'm not sure how to price it. The MC500 amp is 500 per channel, but not often sold.
  3. Larry

Mcintosh values

I'm trying to help a friend price for potential sale: MR 85 tuner C100 Pre MC 500 and 841CD/DVD Thanks in advance. Larry
  4. Larry

Garage

Cars are 1975 Morgan, 32 Ford/409, porsche, and 32 Ford with Flathead Hot Rod... Equipment - Hitachi SR-2004 running Dahlquist DQ-10, Concept 16.5 running Goldenear Triton 2, Pioneer 707, Mac6100, Mac 2100, Carver preamp, Luxman R-1120, Klipsch Forte with Crites upgrades, and a few other goodies.
  5. Larry

Garage

love music, love cars
  6. Larry

Garage

hitachi sr-2004, concept 16.5 plus plus goldenear and klipsch forte
  7. Larry

My soon to be man cave setup..

Love the man cave - I have Goldenear Triton 2, Kiipsch Forte - Concept 16.5, Hitachi SR-2004 - Pioneer 707 and more
  8. Larry

Pics of your listening space

Upstairs system has the turntable with antique soundlab amp, Pioneer 1250 receiver and Vandersteen 2ce sig and Dali Ikon 6's for my listening pleasure. The Dahlquists require a lot of power, but the Luxman, Concept and Hitachi have more than enough - fun to switch back and forth.
  9. Larry

one more picture - side view
  10. Larry

New garage set up - Mac 2100, Mac 6100, Hitachi SR-2004, Luxman R112-, Luxman R117, Concept 16.5 - Dahlquist DQ -10 Regnar upgraded, Klipsch Forte - Crites upgrade, Klipsch Hersey - Crites upgrade - on the right Pioneer 1010 and Tandberg 2080 - Pioneer 707 and Rotel CD Player - and most...
  11. Larry

Concours d'Elegance at the Inn at St Johns

2 weeks go go - visit our website www.concoursusa.org $40 Million dollars of cars - from the Elite to Motorcycles, Vintage Drag Bikes, Sports Car, Muscle Cars - cars from 20 states. And, Keith Martin, host of What's my car worth? Don Osborne - co host, Peter Klutt - host of Legendary Motors and...
  12. Larry

Concours d'Elegance at the Inn at St Johns

I'm a long time AK member and Chairman of the Concours. Held on July 27th this year, we'll feature 50th Anniversary of the GTO, 50th Anniversary of Mustang, Evolution of the Sports Car - 36 of them, Duesenberg Model J, Cars designed by Virgil Exner, Pickup Trucks of the 50's, Classic Cars, Brass...
  13. Larry

Listening room out west

Putting together a listening room at my home out west. The system is a Pioneer 1250 that Echowars did years back, a Rega Apollo CD, Antique soundlab integrated amp, Ah Njoe tjoeb CD, below is an Hitachi Sr-2004, speakers are Vandersteens 2ce Signatures, Usher V-602 and Dali Ikon 6's. Along the...
  14. Larry

Antique Soundlab aq-1003

Found the controls - pretty easy set up. I have a Jolida 502B as well, but this amp really sounds good. I biased the EL34's for 350 and have 12au7's as well. For 30 per channel, quite a good sound out of my Vandersteen 2ce sig's. Now I need some recommendations on Tubes - Jim McShane or elsewhere?
  15. Larry

Antique Soundlab aq-1003

also can't figure out how to bias this amp? Don't know where the leads should go
  16. Larry

Antique Soundlab aq-1003

I recently acquired this along with a pair of speakers I was seeking. Looking for some tube recommendations. It came with EL84's and 12au7's.
  17. Larry

Marantz repair in Metro Detroit

I would second on Clearview. The have taken care of my 2270, mcintosh 2100,pioneer, Concept 16.5, onkyo, Sony Str-v7, and others. I would highly recommend - straight shooters and honest.
  18. Larry

Clearview Electronics - anyone deal with them?

I deal with them almost exclusively now. Steve is the head guy there - very knowledgeable and honest. They have worked on: Marantz 2270, Sony STRV-7, Concept 16.5, Onkyo 8500, Pioneer 909 deck, and vintaqe radios. They sell Paradigm, Kef, Parasound, and give great deals on TV's and Automated...
  19. Larry

Found a cool receiver site

Followed Chris while he was still active - had a few discussions with him. Still have some of the stuff discussed: Pioneer 1250, Luxman R-1120, Wintec 1120, Sony STR-v7, Hitachi SR-2004, Concept 16.5, Mac 4100, Onkyo 8500, and a few others. When all is said and done, my Echowar redone 1250 still...
  20. Larry

Marantz service metro Detroit

I use Clearview Electronics - trustworthy and they know Marantz. I have no affilitation other than I use them to go through all of my electronics.
  21. Larry

Luxman R-1120 good receiver?

I have 2 - compares well to Pioneer 1250 and other top end vintage receivers. I'd send it in for a checkup though.
  22. Larry

Concept 16.5 Receiver

I would only ship with someone who understands how to ship a receiver of this size and weight. I run my 16.5 with a pair of restored ESS AMT1c's and Dahlquist DQ 10's - have hooked it up to Vandersteen 2 ce sig and Klipsch Forte. It's a very warm sound - totally different than the Pioneer...
  23. Larry

Concept 16.5 Receiver

There is lots of info on this receiver on this site and on the net. It's a beast, but I'm not sure you'll find a better built or sounding receiver. I have one, as well as a Hitachi sr-2004, Pioneer 1250, Sony STR v-7, Mac 4100 et al, and the more power the Concept uses, the better it sounds...
  24. Larry

Wintec reciever -

I own a R1120 - have othe monster receivers ( Mac4100, Sony strv7, concept 16.5, Hitachi sr 2004 etc) and I wouldn't hesitate to buy this. You'll note it has video as well as audio. One of the more unusual recievers of the day. It looks cool with the diode front. Though top of the line for them...
  25. Larry

Receivers You Will 'Never' Sell

There all different in subtle ways. But in the end, tought to sell are: Mac 4100 Concept 16.5 Sony Str V7 and Pioneer 1250 with EchoWars Upgrade
Back
Top Bottom