Search results

1. kcollins4

March Madness - College Basketball 2024

Completely forgot to thank 313 for handling the bracket! Thanks man. Much appreciated.
  2. kcollins4

I sure didn't think Houston would do this well. They are for real. I believe they lost 4 of 5 starters throughout this season, and are still playing some tough basketball!
  3. kcollins4

Purdue is trying to lure me in again! Zach Edey plays his last game at Purdue's Mackey arena late this morning. He goes pro next season.
  4. kcollins4

Lil help please. Correct connections for KR-9400 amp section to Mcintosh C27 pre amp?

Many thanks. However, I know that the jumpers for dolby connect main to preamp, as I use Pioneers remote control for volume patched through there.
  5. kcollins4

Lil help please. Correct connections for KR-9400 amp section to Mcintosh C27 pre amp?

Hey folks. Testing out a C27 and am unsure of connections. Want to use the Main section of my receiver to power the pre amp. The Kenwood labels the jumpers as "dolby nr". Just treat that end as "main". What goes where between the 2? Kinda confused today. Thanks friends.
  6. kcollins4

NCAA Men's Basketball

I am in!
  7. kcollins4

Purdue basketball now ranked #1

I did that over 50 years ago, but it still makes me smile.
  8. kcollins4

Yup. I actually tried to "walk on" Purdue's bball team. Did really well, but out of the 50 or so guys that tried out, only 1 was selected. The coaches there kept me on the floor and would change out the other 4. They kept matching me up against a 6-8 guy. I am 6-5, and fought that guy tooth and...
  9. kcollins4

My 18th anniversary at AK!

It kind of sneaks up on you.:)
  10. kcollins4

Very cool!
  11. kcollins4

Just a big thanks to all the AK community! To me, this website is absolutely the best. Thanks Grumpy for operating the place. (And Kamakiri). Same for all the mods, whether I agree with you or not.:) AK has been a huge positive when I needed it. Great bunch of folks here!
  12. kcollins4

Dual 1229, where does the 4mm ball bearing go?

Understood Doug.
  13. kcollins4

You mean "Number 1 cometh before a fall"?
  14. kcollins4

Makes sense. I checked to see if any sign old grease or oil was under the lever, or along the slot, but it was clean and dry. I will go with just a touch of oil. Thanks again.
  15. kcollins4

Purdue basketball. Way too early for March madness, but have my hopes fired up.
  16. kcollins4

Many thanks Montycat. That was my guess. Does the ball literally ride in the slot below it.? Thanks. Appropriate lube?
  17. kcollins4

Doing some maintenance and repair. At some point when turning the table over, a ball bearing fell out onto my work table. On Duals service manual for the 1229, it is reference number 254. It is shown underneath 253, "shut off slide". ( This diagram is marked Fig. 31 Exploded view.) It is...
  18. kcollins4

Happy Birthday merrylander!

Happy birthday Merrylander! Really appreciate all your Yamaha help through the years!
  19. kcollins4

Shipping question for fragile Mac.

All replies most helpful. Audio Classics will sell and ship their crate for about $150. Likely go that route. I will let ya know. Thanks folks.
  20. kcollins4

DUAL turntable dustcover question

Gracias Amigo! Should be really easy. The cover only has a top surface, and a front surface. No sides or back.
  21. kcollins4

DUAL turntable dustcover question

I'm working on a 1229 with the wooden edges top hinged cover. Can the tinted plastic cover be polished with the usual methods, or will that remove the actual tint? I won't touch it unless the tinting is safe. Thanks for your thoughts and experiences.
  22. kcollins4

Much appreciation. Thanks.
  23. kcollins4

Both have wood cases, but I will likely sell both cases separately.
  24. kcollins4

Much appreciate all the info folks!
  25. kcollins4

Not on the market yet, but it will be soon. Need to plan my shipping methods. Have an MC 502 amp to ship also.
Back
Top Bottom