Search results

1. tom1066

STV-3H substitute for SU-3A in a Marantz 2215

I used this thread/post to help with which transistors to use to replace the 2sd315 - https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-210-output-transistor-replacement-step-by-step.814373/post-11426301 I used the KSD1408YTU kevzep mentions instead of MJ2s. He helped me with a McIntosh...
  2. tom1066

STV-3H substitute for SU-3A in a Marantz 2215

Good job. I tried that and couldn't get it to work, mine just crumbled. I finally finished restoring a 2215 and had to replace both of them. I used this post for the recommended and thoroughly researched replacement...
  3. tom1066

DIY Belle, Tri-amped active crossover/DSP

That is some impressive skill and speakers. They look fantastic. I have always wanted to build a pair just not enough time, too many other projects, kids, blah, blah. I have also always wanted to try that Community driver. What crossover points are you using?
  4. tom1066

7c ➔➔ 8 ➔➔ 604g

7c ➔➔ 8 ➔➔ 604g
  5. tom1066

604's Getting them ready for the tube amp shootout

Honestly, I don't know which ones I have. I got them from a retired altec dealer. He had been keeping them in a closet for "years". Told me they were the "last of the alnicos", but there are no markings on them. I'll attach the best pic I currently have but they are in a cab now. Mine are...
  6. tom1066

604's Getting them ready for the tube amp shootout

Any specific information on which Markwart crossover Gordon built? I have a pair of 604s that I biamp currently and have been trying to figure out which of the crossovers to build.
  7. tom1066

Sony TA-4650 VFET Amp Restoration

Well as it turns out, the resistors had already been updated in mine. Just waiting on my filter caps now. Thanks again.
  8. tom1066

Sony TA-4650 VFET Amp Restoration

Thanks for posting this. I found a 4650 and am in the process of replacing the caps, diodes, etc. I am going to order these replacements - I was just too lazy to look for this specific replacement. The resistor replacement is in a number of places across various sites and the only "service...
  9. tom1066

Some thoughts on Kodi vs Volumio

Does anyone here use the MoOde player (https://moodeaudio.org/)? I have it running on my RPi to try and get away from Sonos (which I have been using for a couple of years), and not wanting to drop the cash on a bluesound product yet. I'm using a UPnP app to play qobuz and tidal via the MoOde...
  10. tom1066

Bluesound Node or ??

I have a buddy, who is not a tech wiz, with his files on a hard drive - he uses Plex on the hard drive to tag/catalog them, which is a free program and straightforward to use. He has a Sonos connect and thru the controller for Sonos he can control his music files because Sonos supports Plex...
  11. tom1066

Bluesound Node or ??

I think the big question is what kind of "digital files" are you wanting to play and control? Are they on a hard drive? On your computer? Tidal? Because I think it starts there. If you have terabytes of music files then it needs to be planned out a little in advance. I ask because I have...
  12. tom1066

Need ideas for acoustic panels

This site has more information about acoustics than I can possibly process - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/610173-acoustics-treatment-reference-guide-look-here.html I used Corning 703 - this was good reference for me (no affiliation - I just used this as a guide) -...
  13. tom1066

Chromecast Audio discontinued

...and they now appear sold out just about everywhere. I would have liked to have picked up a couple of extra ones, esp for 15 bucks a piece.
  14. tom1066

If u were building a KHorn ground up?

I have wanted to do this now for quite some time. I was just talking to someone last week about possibly building a set of bass bins for me and was wondering if the jubilee build is too much or too complicated. He is obviously a competent woodworker and was willing to look at plans but I...
  15. tom1066

Topping D30 + CCA thumbs up.

Sorry for endorsing Google WiFi and for implying that it will only work properly if you use Google WiFi. I should have said better wifi coverage will get better results. When my CCAs weren't working I started looking into my router more and realized mine was about 5 years old or so and the...
  16. tom1066

Topping D30 + CCA thumbs up.

I think this is key - I had a ton of problems requiring reboots, etc so I switched from the chromecast to Sonos which never fails. Later I changed the house to Google wifi and then put the CCAs in my kids rooms, playroom, etc - now they work perfectly. Almost to the point of getting rid of my...
  17. tom1066

Used McIntosh D100 or New Schlit Audio Gungnir DAC?

I don't have the Gungnir but I do have a Bifrost MB and a McIntosh D100. In my system (Tidal via sonos into the D100 feeding a marantz 7c and Cornwalls powered by a marantz 8) the D100 is better. It's not night and day or anything but I felt it just gave an all around better sound with better...
  18. tom1066

Help with bi-amping Cornwalls

Huh, never thought about Jubilees actually being something that would work in my space. I would love to give a pair a listen.
  19. tom1066

I agree Jubilee's would be the way to go. Now if I could just find a pile of cash and a big enough room. I think I have read about every thread on the klipsch forum about them and especially the Chris A threads about using a digital crossover like a Ashly protea or a Xilica for room...
  20. tom1066

Thanks for the advice, always enjoy reading your posts. I'm getting it a bit better. I got REW out for about 5 minutes and at least made the two amps output the same in terms of decibels on a pink noise generator. That helped some and have been adjusting from there. It's getting better and...
  21. tom1066

Agreed. I just like to tinker every now and then. 90 percent of the time I'm with my usual setup of the marantz 7/8 into the cornwalls and very 'worry' free.
  22. tom1066

Thanks for the answer, I think that is what I was looking for. Of course just like everything with this hobby, it's way more complicated than I was thinking. I should just enjoy the sound I was getting but man it seems like it would help to biamp but maybe not. Part of the problem with this...
  23. tom1066

I don't know yet. Just wanted to give it a try and see how things sounded. When I got the SET, I was very impressed with detail in the sound but wanted to play around and see how more power for the low end coupled with the detail of the SET would be. Don't know, may hate it and go back to the...
  24. tom1066

Yes there are level controls. I just have them set the same and that's what I am trying to figure out I guess. It seems to me that depending on an amps power or output, that in my case the marantz would be driving the woofer to a "louder" level or volume and that I may have to adjust it down...
  25. tom1066

I recently just started to experiment with bi-amping my cornwalls after getting an Ashly 1001 crossover. I have been researching and reading but have a question. I have connected the tweeter and the mid horn to a SET amp passively through the crossover and I am running the woofers with my...
Back
Top Bottom